What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby zircher » Mon May 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Picked a Mahjong trick taking game so I could learn. I can play reasonably well, but <gah!> the scoring on it is so bizarre. The whole penalty thing can be viscous.

K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Postby K-Mech » Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 pm

zircher wrote:Picked a Mahjong trick taking game so I could learn. I can play reasonably well, but <gah!> the scoring on it is so bizarre. The whole penalty thing can be viscous.

What flavor of Mahjong?
Hong Kong, Chinese, Taiwanese, Riichi? American doesn't really have penalties, so it doesn't sound like that one....

K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Postby K-Mech » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:01 am

A new month calls for an updated list...

PS4
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (only played part of 3 previously) - almost done with Part 1, but I'm exploring every system I can reach to get all the little "collectible" missions done.... Liara (Biotics) and Garrus (Tech/Combat) are my teammates, went Vanguard (Biotics/Combat) for myself.

Nintendo Switch
Atelier Ayesha DX
Atelier Sophie DX

PC
Circadian Dice
Sagrada
Arcanum
Endless Legend
Battletech (Roguetech)

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 am

Back to DCS. Joined a squadron so it kind of forces me to learn all the stuff I always sort of ignored over the years. It also showed me just how weak my grasp on a lot of systems is. I will say, formation flying is way tougher than I remember, especially when a screw up messes things up for a full squadron of 12 guys.

Of course it's really cool having a dozen F/A-18's rolling down the taxiway about to put a world of hurt on something. :twisted:

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:11 am

K-Mech wrote:A new month calls for an updated list
Battletech (Roguetech)

What's the elevator pitch for roguetech? I've seen a lot of mentions of it. I haven't played the base game much (I'm a 3025 purist and think the stuff they added made the game a lot worse than it could have been) but a few friends are interested in getting it so I may start playing again.

K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Postby K-Mech » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:05 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
Battletech (Roguetech)

What's the elevator pitch for roguetech? I've seen a lot of mentions of it. I haven't played the base game much (I'm a 3025 purist and think the stuff they added made the game a lot worse than it could have been) but a few friends are interested in getting it so I may start playing again.

RogueTech basically takes everything added in later years (Clans, Dark Ages, Jihad, etc) and adds it all in, has an online map so you can help your faction take over the universe and changes a LOT of the way things work from Vanilla Battletech. It's a lot harder and less forgiving, but has a lot more options to it for play-style as well.

Baradul on YouTube and Twitch has some good videos of his let's plays that help show off the changes too. Weird engines can be useful since the hex scale is different and you don't need an engine that is exactly an even MechWgt times WalkSpeed...

The imitative system, instead of the the Vanilla B-Tech 5 phases, based entirely on mech weight class, is 30-1, with Initiative a random roll modified by mech weight, special equipment, and pilot skill. Higher your net roll, the sooner you act.
Last edited by K-Mech on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:45 pm

K-Mech wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:
Battletech (Roguetech)

RogueTech basically takes everything added in later years (Clans, Dark Ages, Jihad, etc) and adds it all in, has an online map so you can help your faction take over the universe and changes a LOT of the way things work from Vanilla Battletech. It's a lot harder and less forgiving, but has a lot more options to it for playstyle as well.

Gotcha, thanks. Clans are where my interest in BT fell off. Sounds like we would be fine with just vanilla. :thumbup:

K-Mech
Teller of gaming stories

Postby K-Mech » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
K-Mech wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:
Battletech (Roguetech)

RogueTech basically takes everything added in later years (Clans, Dark Ages, Jihad, etc) and adds it all in, has an online map so you can help your faction take over the universe and changes a LOT of the way things work from Vanilla Battletech. It's a lot harder and less forgiving, but has a lot more options to it for playstyle as well.

Gotcha, thanks. Clans are where my interest in BT fell off. Sounds like we would be fine with just vanilla. :thumbup:

They Clan Tech is tech only, there is no real Canon here. Clanners will gang up on one mech just like inner sphere and there is no real difference apart from the tech between factions in Battletech/Roguetech....

McNutcase
The Fang and Cape wearing, Backyard Wrasslin', 1987 Buick Skyhawk with Dixie Horn driving superhero

Postby McNutcase » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:27 pm

For god knows what reason, Half-life. The original.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 am

McNutcase wrote:For god knows what reason, Half-life. The original.

It hold up surprisingly well. You should play the fan made Remake in Source 2, it's excellent.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Return to “Video Games”