What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Azhrei Vep
Player Possessed NPC

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby Azhrei Vep » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:09 am

Warframe is back. And Spider-Man. Following that, I'm thinking Wild Arms 2 or Star Ocean 2. Tough choice.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:59 am

As I started a fourth... fifth? play-through of Fallout 4 (this time with the intention of being a mod-supported raider, no foolin'), I decided to bite the bullet and buy a PS4 so I can play Horizon Zero Dawn and explore some games I otherwise would never be exposed to on PC. Nothing in my Steam library appeals to me at the moment and I feel like things have become stagnant.

It arrives Friday. Naturally, that's D&D night and I have an author event on Saturday, so I won't get to hook it up and play until Sunday morning, at the earliest.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Glenn
I am the story stick

Postby Glenn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 pm

Azhrei Vep wrote:Warframe is back. And Spider-Man. Following that, I'm thinking Wild Arms 2 or Star Ocean 2. Tough choice.

I played Wild Arms 2 sometime back in 2002 i think. I remember liking it but i can't remember if i finished it. I love the Western/Fantasy/Scifi mashup. I really need to get around to playing Wild Arms 3 someday.

The series went full FFT with Wild Arms XF but I played that one all the way through. They need to make a new Wild Arms game (and Ogre Battle for that matter)

I've also been playing Zelda Necrodancer. I like that a lot of the music and sound seems to come from A Link to the Past. I had more fun playing it co-op. I can see myself playing through it several times.

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 pm

I still pull out Ogre battle now and again to give it a shot. I feel like you could make an amazing game by updating it, but I'm eternally on a search for games like it, and I can never find any.

Plenty of tactics games like FFT or Tactics Ogre, but nothing quite like Ogre Battle.

There's a game called Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn that's sort of like it, but that's the closest I've ever found.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:38 pm

JediSoth wrote:As I started a fourth... fifth? play-through of Fallout 4 (this time with the intention of being a mod-supported raider, no foolin'), I decided to bite the bullet and buy a PS4 so I can play Horizon Zero Dawn and explore some games I otherwise would never be exposed to on PC. Nothing in my Steam library appeals to me at the moment and I feel like things have become stagnant.

It arrives Friday. Naturally, that's D&D night and I have an author event on Saturday, so I won't get to hook it up and play until Sunday morning, at the earliest.

welcome to the PS4 side

here's my top PS4 exclusives in order:
1. Bloodborne
2. Persona 5
3. God of War
4. Spider-Man
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. MLB the Show - if you like baseball
7. Uncharted 4
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. The Last Guardian
10. inFamous Second Son

and a couple other good remakes if you havn't played them:
1. The Last of Us remastered
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy remake
4. Spyro trilogy remake
5. Shadow of the Collosus
-Casey

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:45 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:
welcome to the PS4 side

1. Bloodborne
2. Persona 5
3. God of War
4. Spider-Man
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Uncharted 4
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. The Last Guardian
10. inFamous Second Son

2. Ratchet & Clank
4. Spyro trilogy remake

Thanks for the recommendations. Hopefully, I'll be able to get used to a controller again. Every time I try out an SNES game (whether it's on a Wii, a Nintendo DS, or the SNES Classic, I find that either my reflexes just aren't up to those games anymore, "Nintendo Hard" is A Thing, or both.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am

JediSoth wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:
welcome to the PS4 side

1. Bloodborne
2. Persona 5
3. God of War
4. Spider-Man
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Uncharted 4
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. The Last Guardian
10. inFamous Second Son

2. Ratchet & Clank
4. Spyro trilogy remake

Thanks for the recommendations. Hopefully, I'll be able to get used to a controller again. Every time I try out an SNES game (whether it's on a Wii, a Nintendo DS, or the SNES Classic, I find that either my reflexes just aren't up to those games anymore, "Nintendo Hard" is A Thing, or both.
Also Journey has a great version on the PS4. Man that games looks great in crisp HD.

Lord Foul complained about my phones automatic sig so I changed it. - Sent from jizzmop 4040 using bollocks
Have you found the yellow sign?

Azhrei Vep
Player Possessed NPC

Postby Azhrei Vep » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 am

I'd throw Sekiro and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon onto that pile, too.

And whatever the fancy re-release of Dragon's Crown on PS4 is called if you didn't play it on PS3. Because fucking hell, that is a fantastic beat 'em up.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:30 am

Started Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend. The hype was real; it's the first game to really engage me since I finished the Elsweyr expansion for Elder Scrolls Online. I'd been flitting from game to game trying to find something to grab me for at least 4-6 weeks now.

Hopefully, when I finish, I'll be able to find other equally enjoyable games, otherwise HZD will be the single most expensive single-player game I've ever bought (counting paid DLCs and vanity crap, I've spent more money on ESO and probably even Star Wars: The Old Republic over the years and years I've played them).
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:06 am

JediSoth wrote:Started Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend. The hype was real; it's the first game to really engage me since I finished the Elsweyr expansion for Elder Scrolls Online. I'd been flitting from game to game trying to find something to grab me for at least 4-6 weeks now.

Hopefully, when I finish, I'll be able to find other equally enjoyable games, otherwise HZD will be the single most expensive single-player game I've ever bought (counting paid DLCs and vanity crap, I've spent more money on ESO and probably even Star Wars: The Old Republic over the years and years I've played them).
It's generally pretty hard for me personally to get into even the best sandbox games, but I really enjoyed what I played of Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not Witcher 3 levels in terms of the quality of writing overall, but the world is gorgeous and fun to explore and the monster hunting is a blast, most of the time.

Lord Foul complained about my phones automatic sig so I changed it. - Sent from jizzmop 4040 using bollocks

Return to “Video Games”