What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby BottledViolence » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Finally got around to playing some Steel Division: Normandy. Having fun with it and can tell it could hold my attention for a while. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to play. Too much other stuff and with the weather warming up, I'm able to get out in the garage and weld/organize/work on stuff again.

anelson96
I am the story stick

Postby anelson96 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:57 am

2/12 classes have finished their Mage Tower challenges on WoW for all the specs, with a handful of others having either one or two finished. I think I'll be working up my Shaman and Death Knight next.
'Worst Gamer in North America'
My Twitch

John
Host

Postby John » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Glenn wrote:My only complaints are the boss fights, and maybe the four main dungeons. Are too easy. Out of the five main boss fights for the game only two of them took more than one attempt. My skill level for these kinds of games is low. So if i'm having that easy of a time i'm sure plenty of people breezed right through them.

This seems to be the majority opinion and I agree with it too. BotW was really good but the main dungeons didn't have any meat on their bones. I know, I know, it's about exploring and the world being decentralized and most of the content being optional but blah. The N64 dungeons were better fleshed out and those games are 20 years old.

I'm ok with the combat of the main quest not being that hard. I think Zelda games should be finishable by young and/or casual gamers. Dark Souls 3 quality bosses are awesome but this is a fun-for-the-whole-family game.

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 pm

So, I found a new YouTube channel on game design, and I came across this video:

And I realized I have Day of the Tentacle Remastered and have never played it.

...but after starting it I realize that it's a sequel to Maniac Mansion... and after a tiny bit of googling I found out that Maniac Mansion is playable in it's entirety within Day of the Tentacle.

So, I'm playing Maniac Mansion, inside of Day of the Tentacle Remastered.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:17 am

I am bad at following video game news and I didn't even realize the folks who made FTL were making a new game, but Into the Breach came out today and I already put about two hours into it.

It's basically, if FTL was crossed with Advanced Wars, and the plot had time traveling giant robots fighting (space?) bugs.

I am enjoying it immensely, though I am hitting critical mass on 'games I am playing' at this point. I feel like if I push Maniac Mansion off to the side for too long I might not return to it.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm

monster hunter world, when i can, but after 60 hrs and beating the main story there's not much else to play for at the moment besides grinding the trophies. i think theres some free dlc in the works

getting back into hearthstone a bit. i have spell hunter and murloc paladin fully crafted for standard
-Casey

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Started yet another play through of Total War Warhammer 1/2. This time we are teaming up the dwarves and greenskins!

They did such a good job with the factions that every campaign we do we find some new twist that keeps the game fresh.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:44 pm

BottledViolence wrote:Started yet another play through of Total War Warhammer 1/2. This time we are teaming up the dwarves and greenskins!

They did such a good job with the factions that every campaign we do we find some new twist that keeps the game fresh.

Yeah there's a great deal of variance in how the game plays out even when playing the same faction in the same starting location. Gives it a surprisingly amount of replay-ability, even for a complex strategy game.

Orcs and Goblins are great. Fun to play and surprisingly hard to play too. You walk a constant razor thin margin between WAAAGH!!!ing your way to easy conquest of the entire continent and rapidly collapsing to internal squabbles and conflict if you lose any momentum.
Have you found the yellow sign?

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm

BottledViolence wrote:Started yet another play through of Total War Warhammer 1/2. This time we are teaming up the dwarves and greenskins!

Yeah there's a great deal of variance in how the game plays out even when playing the same faction in the same starting location. Gives it a surprisingly amount of replay-ability, even for a complex strategy game.

Orcs and Goblins are great. Fun to play and surprisingly hard to play too. You walk a constant razor thin margin between WAAAGH!!!ing your way to easy conquest of the entire continent and rapidly collapsing to internal squabbles and conflict if you lose any momentum.

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:46 pm

tombombodil wrote:

The WAAAGHs have been a continual disappointment when operating independently. Sending full stacks to defeat meager garrisons is 50/50 win or they get wiped out. This means that you end up spending a lot of time waiting for them to join a real army only to find you have a 95% chance to win so you auto it anyway. Having played a few other factions with fight or die mechanics, I'm very used to keeping a few shipping boy factions or rebellious territories around to brutalize.

Still fun even after playing for almost 500 hours.

Return to “Video Games”