0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm

I hadn't planned on it, since we all read Norman's perspective of what happened. I thought that was why you didn't write one.

to quote Norman:
Lord Foul wrote:Norman does as bidden, writing a full account of all that he has witnessed. However, as he really is a rat and has no allegiance other than to himself, he thinks to try to hedge his bets. Within the account he includes extra details about the wood creatures, their numbers, abilities and apparent weaknesses, which he leaves out when he reads it back to the Queen. He also adds a note that says "When you come look out for a human apparently helping the wood creatures, for I will help you to deal with them."

He thinks that he is giving himself the best chance to survive, whichever side proves victorious. Charmed he may be, but his nature dictates his self-serving actions.

So that would include the events he witnessed, The numbers and types of threats(The large viny creatures, the little men with spears, the wooden dogs, the lieutenants, and Queen Ainecotte herself), how the little woodmen erupted from the corpses of the dead(very different than what happened to ET). I believe the creation of the large viny creatures was mentioned at least once(groups of the little men chanting and summoning them), the creatures immunity to wooden weapons and weakness to fire, and the toxic sap they smear on their weapons.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 pm

That'll do, thanks. Enough there to go on. :thumbup:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:Sorry about the lack of posts this week. Stress and depression have been getting the better of me

How's it going, Fallout? Everything okay with you? :wave:

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Still struggling with everything. I'll try to do a post here soon.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:34 pm

If it helps your motivation, another 4 posts in the IC thread and this will become your favourite topic. :thumbup:

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:35 am

I'll keep checking every time I log in. As long as it takes. No pressure. Just know you've got supporters who like participating with you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Lord Foul wrote:If it helps your motivation, another 4 posts in the IC thread and this will become your favourite topic. :thumbup:

3 to go. Also I just realized this has been going for year. I think that's my longest PBP.

Ikoma wrote:I'll keep checking every time I log in. As long as it takes. No pressure. Just know you've got supporters who like participating with you.

I'm thankful for that and I'm glad I'm running a game good enough to keep everyone interested even with these issues.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu May 21, 2020 1:13 pm

I just wanted to say, if any part of the current problem is connected with the extra difficulty involved with keeping the game going through what might be termed an administrative break (a transitional phase where we gradually morph from 0-level charaters into 1st level characters) then I for one am quite happy with the notion of just having a bit of hand-waving and then we pick things up again at the start of chapter two.

This game has worked pretty well so far, but I worry that it may not be able to sustain itself through this boring patch.

There's really no substitute for actual stuff actually happening.

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri May 22, 2020 4:14 pm

I need to push myself to respond quicker and I think this part will feel less boring. I really want this game to succeed especially since my other games have failed.

Is this part boring you or was that you labeling this slow section? I figured I would setup the options for your character's trainers and once you decided how you wanted to train then just do a time skip. If it is feeling boring i can do something about it
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 pm

I am bored, but that may be more about the pace than the content. So long as things keep moving I should be okay with it. It's the week-long breaks between parts of a conversation where I find it difficult to sustain interest.

I think another issue I'm having is from the lack of much interaction between the characters, which of course is nothing to do with you but more something for Ikoma and I to deal with between ourselves. I wonder how both of you might feel about opening the game up to new players joining, to try to bring in some fresh input.

Return to “Play By Post”