0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:52 am

I'm a total RP whore, so for me it'll usually be the more the merrier. Having said that, I'm generally happy to go along with whatever works best for you two and I'll fit in around it.

I expect for Doug it'll be a relatively straightforward path, since he already has a pretty good idea of where he's heading. The uncertainty there lies around what he finds at the temple and how they respond to him.

For Violet I'm less sure what she wants, or needs, by way of a mentor. How far can she get being self-taught? I can see advantages to making contacts with other magicians but I think she'll be a deal more circumspect about the whole thing.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:24 pm

It should be straight forward for Doug but I want everyone to have a meaningful choice and benefits for the path they chose. For example the choices for Alloria were the Iron Oak circle or the Chauntean Circle. The benefits I was thinking of giving her for her choice would be improved AC/damage from spells like Barkskin and Shillelagh. If she had gone the other way I was thinking something like increased volume for spells like Create food and water.

So I want to come up with some different mentors for the priests of Chauntea for Doug. With some tangible benefits for each.

For violet I hadn't considered the self-taught route. I think the downside to that would mean it would initially harder for her to research new spells relying on finding other scrolls and spellbooks but it would be easier for her to decipher other wizards notes. And when she did experiment with new spells we could add unique twists to them as she would find her own way to make them happen.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 pm

Yeah, I'm willing to react off whatever. I kinda liked the level of detail we did with Alloria so I guess I would say more of that level would be best. But I also expect each player, PC & NPC combo will be a bit different. Alloria is quiet and not very talkative. Dollin is the opposite.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Sorry about the lack of posts this week. Stress and depression have been getting the better of me
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:28 am

Fallout_Monkey wrote:Sorry about the lack of posts this week. Stress and depression have been getting the better of me

Don't worry about it. A lot of people are having to deal with a lot more crap these days. You look after yourself and do whatever you need to stay safe and sane. We'll still be here whenever you can pop in for a bit of light relief from the grind of real life.

I had to cancel my tabletop game yesterday because I've had a cough all week and there are some people in my group who I really wouldn't want to put at risk. Life goes on, but adjustments are necessary.

I intend to provide a detailed response to the latest post, but I need time to compose it and I have things on today. I'll get to it later when I have the time. :thumbup:

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:54 pm

Agree with Lord Foul. My face-to-face game has become an online game... we adjust, adapt and make the best of the current hand we're dealt.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Leaving a break there so Lord Foul can step in and put some response in. Don't want to hog all the spotlight! :D

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Ikoma wrote:Leaving a break there so Lord Foul can step in and put some response in. Don't want to hog all the spotlight! :D

Er... just read your post. Alloria isn't there, you know. She went off with the druids. Do you want to edit your post before I join in?

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:58 pm

<sigh> Yes. I forgot one of my own PCs had temporarily left the group... I'll fix it.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Re. latest post: are you going to show us the letter?

Return to “Play By Post”