0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:19 pm

Successes: 2
Failures: 2

I know I said three failures and your captured but then that wolf had to roll a critical success. I'll use it to negate a previous failure. So it's now down to one dramatic roll. I'd like to remind this isn't combat it's a skill challenge. so you don't have to hit the worgs to escape. You can come up with any plausible idea and applying the rule of cool we will make it happen. Feel free to discuss OOC who is going to make this final roll and what you are trying to accomplish. If you want we can combine some actions from two more characters to make it feel like a team effort.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:38 am

This feels like it calls for a drive or handle animal roll to get away. Dollin still has the Inspire Courage up...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:35 pm

I have one trick left that might be workable if the worg has broken off pursuit to fight the wolf.

Doug has a long-range domain spell Entangle that he could put in the path of the oncoming goblin pack. With a good roll it might hold them up long enough for us to escape.

Of course, he'll need to stop the wagon, or pass the reins to Acker, in order to cast the spell, so a failure will probably allow the goblins to catch up and...

What do you reckon Ikoma?
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I have one trick left that might be workable if the worg has broken off pursuit to fight the wolf.

Doug has a long-range domain spell Entangle that he could put in the path of the oncoming goblin pack. With a good roll it might hold them up long enough for us to escape.

Of course, he'll need to stop the wagon, or pass the reins to Acker, in order to cast the spell, so a failure will probably allow the goblins to catch up and...

What do you reckon Ikoma?

Do it! At this point, we are one success away from escaping... or one failure from being caught. Sounds like a last ditch hail mary! Write it off, hand off the reins to Acker and let's let the dice fall where they may.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:32 am

That was kinda cool. Sniped right into my response. I've edited it so Alloria is responding.

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 am

In Alloria's backstory it sounds like she always had some sort of talent. I thought I might ask for a little more of her history. Feel free to answer the druid or not how you wish.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 am

If there is anything you guys want to while the druids sleep let me know otherwise I'll skip to the next morning.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 pm

I will update my post if there is anything you guys want to do during breakfast.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Leaving it open for Doug/Violet to respond before Dollin/Acker give their responses.

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:03 am

it occurs to me that I should ask you guys how much role playing you want to do to find mentors? Would you like roleplay the whole process from start to finish? Including your characters having to figure out where they want to look for them? Would you like NPCs to come to you and present a few options, Like we did with Alloria? Or Would you just want to gloss over the whole process OOC?
Check out my wife's book

Return to “Play By Post”