0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Ikoma » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:44 am

Glad I came and read here before posting! :D

I too was a little confused but I figured I would just roll with it and have Dollin 'distract' everyone. Instead, I'll wait for the clarification.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:03 am

There that should be better. I even added a bit about Alyssa because I didn't see her mentioned in the ambush part of the plan.

Again sorry a bout the confusion. For some reason when I read Doug's post about move along the road I got the impression he and Jacob where going to attack the rear, Billie and Rowan flank on either side and the rest up front.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 pm

sorry. Work has been slamming me. I'll see if I can get a post up this weekend. If not, Tuesday(I have a long weekend) I will definitely post
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 pm

so this may turn into a chase but for now well handle this with initiative. If your fast enough maybe you can prevent them from getting very far. I rolled a 4 for the goblins so it should be easy for you guys to react to them attempting to run
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Okay, just read the IC post. What are the "all available directions" in which the goblins are scattering?

I don't have a decent enough mental image of the place to figure this out. I was picturing a swamp with a trail through it. But that would only give two available directions, both blocked, unless they're heading out into the swamp. How firm is the footing around here? Is it more like a field or meadow with soggy patches here and there, so they can pretty much go in any direction? Or are there other paths scattered randomly around the mainly marshy parts? :think:

Sorry for all the questions but I can't give a response without knowing a bit more about which ways they are fleeing.

Also, what language are they using? :eh:

Initiative rolls: Doug 10(-1)=9; Violet 3(+7)=10
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 am

They are speaking the Goblin language sorry. So only Violet would understand the words but I sure everyone can understand what they are trying to do.

Your first impression is correct their is one game trail. You aren't in a clearing, there are trees and undergrowth all around. The trail is on higher ground than the surrounding area and so is dryer. Just think wet forest and that should help with your visual.

Just to be clear they haven't taken more than a step because I wanted to give you guys a chance to react to their movements. So the directions they are going isn't completely clear yet. I'll say they may try to push past the individuals they see rather than going anywhere near the group of dwarves.

Does that clear everything up?
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:58 am

Oh and i forgot to roll for Jacob. He got a 5.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:30 am

Initiative: Dollin 15+1; Acker 10+1
Last edited by Ikoma on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:42 am

Fallout_Monkey wrote:They are speaking the Goblin language sorry. So only Violet would understand the words but I sure everyone can understand what they are trying to do.

Your first impression is correct their is one game trail. You aren't in a clearing, there are trees and undergrowth all around. The trail is on higher ground than the surrounding area and so is dryer. Just think wet forest and that should help with your visual.

Just to be clear they haven't taken more than a step because I wanted to give you guys a chance to react to their movements. So the directions they are going isn't completely clear yet. I'll say they may try to push past the individuals they see rather than going anywhere near the group of dwarves.

Does that clear everything up?

That's clear now, thanks. :thumbup:

I'll just wait to see where Rowan and Billie come in the initiative order before posting my actions.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Billie: 4+6=10

Rowan:
12+5=17

This should be fun ;)

Return to “Play By Post”