0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Rogar will head into the melee, alongside Acker if he's up for it, and try to even the odds a bit. He'll go for one of the little men if he can reach one.

His next attack roll... is a 20! Somebody up there clearly has money on the 1 HP underdog. :D

at a 1d6*3 plus 6 anything but a 1 kills one of them outright. nice job.

I rolled a 3 for damage, if you want me to do it. Otherwise you can roll it yourself. I'm fine either way.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I'm happy to let you put an upper limit on Violet's arrow store, but I'd guess she'd keep at least a couple of full quivers (20 to a quiver). I'm fine with 40 if you are, or 60 if you are being generous.

I'm good with two quivers full.

Lord Foul wrote:I rolled a 3 for damage, if you want me to do it. Otherwise you can roll it yourself. I'm fine either way.

Yeah. That's why I gave the AC and HP of the monsters as well as the weapon damage. Speeds things up allows you guys to know what your rolls are doing in combat.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I'm happy to let you put an upper limit on Violet's arrow store, but I'd guess she'd keep at least a couple of full quivers (20 to a quiver). I'm fine with 40 if you are, or 60 if you are being generous.

I'm good with two quivers full.

Do you want me to roll some shots for Violet? If I do a few here you can use them as you feel appropriate to the situation. She has 16 DEX so that's +3 to hit.

Some arrow shots (unmodified): 18(3), 11(1), 16(5), 3, 16(2), 7, 16(4), 10(4), 19(6), 18(2)

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Do you want me to roll some shots for Violet? If I do a few here you can use them as you feel appropriate to the situation. She has 16 DEX so that's +3 to hit.

Some arrow shots (unmodified): 18(3), 11(1), 16(5), 3, 16(2), 7, 16(4), 10(4), 19(6), 18(2)

Sounds good. I'll make a few stealth vs search rolls every few shots to see if she gets spotted.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm

Acker's axe : 14 (+3) = 17, damage 4 (+3) = 7!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Acker's axe : 16 (+3) = 19, damage 5 (+3) = 8!

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Alloria's dagger : 15 (-4) = 11, damage 2 (-4) = 1

As I remember the rules, damage rolls have a minimum of 1 so Alloria will always do 1 damage with a dagger.

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Now that Violet has seen what is coming, I could do with a little more information about the village and its location, surroundings, roads out and other terrain features. She's going to try to get out, so I need to know what she knows about the best ways to leave the village unobserved by the invading creatures.

Also, what kind of authorities exist in the area? Who does she know of who might be able to deal with a threat of this nature (pardon the pun)? There doesn't appear to be any hope for the village, so she's reckoning the best bet is to go get help from somewhere else. Or at least survive to tell the tale.

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Good questions. The village is located on the southern border of some foothills before a large mountain range to the north. There are two roads that through the town, one north to south the other east to west. The forest edge is north of the village in the hills looking down on the village. The attackers are coming from the northwest. There is a small creek that runs through the east side of town that provides fresh water. It's shallow and only a few feet across.

Following the roads in order of closest communities: 2 days north will take you Axe Peak, a mostly dwarven mining village that had a rough winter. 3 days East is East Willow, a village that recently caught a mysterious deadly plague. 5 days west is Westhampton a shire populated by mostly by hobbits. A week south is the city of Crestwall, the home of the noble family who rules the county. I'll add some more later.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:53 pm

I'm taking a few liberties in my latest IC posts, let me know if I'm pushing too far.

Return to “Play By Post”