0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:40 am

Let start this thread off with you guys posting your characters and maybe since there are ten different characters picking a colour for their posts to make it easy to follow them. Let me know what your characters are interested in doing. Competitions or carousing or chating whatever strikes your fancy.

EDIT Adding a list of locations, characters and their names so I can keep them straight
Characters and Names:
The Reeve
Johan, the local hedge mage
Molly, halfling woman and friend of Doug
Mr. Bates, the local money lender and father of Norman
Beedle, the overweight inn keeper
Torla, Half-orc woman, carter, strongman competitor
Harlen, Blacksmith, Last year's strongman champion
Addle, Gnome man, Farmer, strongman competitor
Hedwing, Halfling bookbinder and widower, Daughter Alyssa, Wife was village cobbler killed by bandits on the road returning from Westhampton
Old Meg, Deceased Former baker, Norman stole her pie
Jozan, another farmer Deceased
Vi and Ben, Archery tournament organizers
Drew, Livery stable owner
Count Ortho Caelifer - Noble ruler of the Caelifera county where West Haven resides
Harvest Wardens(Hoppers) - Knights and soldiers in service to Count Ortho

Locations
West Haven - The village the story begins in
East Willow - The next village east of West Haven. Struck by a mysterious plague
Axe Peak - The next village north of West Haven. Heavy snows blocked the pass last winter and food stores ran out and many starved to death.
Westhampton - The next shire west of West Haven. Added by Ikoma, Dollin has overstayed his welcome
Crestwall - City to the south of West Haven. Home of the Caelifer family
Last edited by Fallout_Monkey on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Okay, here's a holding post for my characters. I'll fill in more details as we go. :thumbup:

Duggan "Doug" McMurphy

Dwarf; Male
ST 11; DEX 9; CON 16; INT 11; WIS 14; CHR 13
HP 6; SP 3

Doug is a potato farmer, a contented jolly sort who enjoys his food and likes nothing better than to share stories in the inn over a few ales. He has a four-leaf clover pressed inside a book discussing manner and etiquette. He thinks the clover will bring him good luck in the harvest and is interested in the ways people behave and talk to each other. He is far too humble to actually believe he might some day become a priest. His name is Duggan, or "Doug" for short.

Interested in pie tasting and pie eating, carousing in a jolly way and generally enjoying the festivities.

Norman Bates

Human; Male
ST 6; DEX 15; CON 11; INT 9; WIS 6; CHR 11
HP 3; SP 3

Norman is the son of the local moneylender. He's a weasel and not very bright. He has a glass orb filled with moving smoke, which he believes to have magical properties of concealment, if only he could figure out how to work it. He's a bit of a dick and everyone despises him, even though many are polite so as not to offend his father. He lives off an allowance from his father. He's spoilt and entitled, but his tastes exceed his allowance so he has to get inventive to find additional funds, and he's none too bothered how that happens or who gets ripped off to pay for his pleasures.

Interested in making a fast buck, so will offer to stake Rogar in the strongman competition for half the winnings.

Rogar son of Dierdre

Half-Orc; Male
ST 18; DEX 9; CON 9; INT 8; WIS 5; CHR 10
HP 3; SP 0

Rogar is a woodcutter who lives alone in a shack in the forest. He possesses a small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives you unsettling dreams when you sleep near it. The dreams used to bother him but he's starting to get used to them now {twitch}, and at least he doesn't get bothered at night by wildlife. His human mother wanted to call him Roger, but couldn't write so put Rogar instead. She remains the only one to ever call him Roger.

Happy to enter any competition that will show off his prowess, but has no money. Will accept Norman's offer.

Violet Tassels

Half-Elf; Female
ST 6; DEX 16; CON 9; INT 18; WIS 12; CHR 9
HP 1; SP 3

Violet is a weaver of fine silks and such like, and possesses a silver spoon with an M engraved on the handle, a memento of her lost mother, Mirella. She is watchful for any kind of danger and tries to avoid confrontation if at all possible. People think she's a coward. They may be right.

Will come out for a while to put up some decorations she has made, but will avoid anyone being overly loud and boisterous.

.................................................................................................

Duggan "Doug" McMurphy

Cleric level 1
Dwarf; Male; Align NG
ST 11; DEX 9; CON 16; INT 11; WIS 14; CHR 13
Speed 20 feet; Initiative -1
BAB +0; Melee Attack +0; Missile Attack -1; +1 to hit orcs and goblinoids
No Armour (AC 9); +4 AC v giant type creatures
Saves: Fort +5; Ref -1; Will +4; +2 v poison; +2 v magic
Racial abilities: Darkvision 60 feet; Weapon Familiarity (pick = simple); +2 on checks involving stone or metal
Class abilities: Turn or rebuke undead (8/day)
Feats: Extra Turning (background); Scribe Scroll
Deity: Chauntea; Domains: Good (cast good spells at +1 level); Plant (rebuke or command plant creatures (8/day))
Spells per day: 3 x 0-level; 3 x 1st (Domain = Prot Evil; Entangle)
HP 11
SP 3
Equipment: Heavy Pick (1d6 piercing, crit x4)

Violet Tassels

Wizard level 1
Half-Elf; Female; Align CG
ST 6; DEX 16; CON 9; INT 18; WIS 12; CHR 9
Speed 30 feet; Initiative +7
BAB +0; Melee Attack -2; Missile Attack +3
No Armour (AC 13)
Saves: Fort -1; Ref +3; Will +3; +2 v enchantments
Racial abilities: Immune to sleep magic; Low light vision; +1 on listen, search and spot checks; +2 on diplomacy and gather information checks; Weapon Familiarity (proficient with shortbow)
Class abilities: Summon Familiar; Scribe Scroll
Feats: Improved Initiative (background); Toughness
Spells known: 0-level (all); 1st (7) Charm Person, Colour Spray, Disguise Self, Feather Fall, Mage Armour, Silent Image, Sleep
Spells per day: 3 x 0-level; 2 x 1st
HP 6
SP 3
Equipment: Shortbow (1d6 piercing, crit x3, range 60 feet); 2 Quivers (34 arrows); Dagger (1d4 piercing or slashing, crit x2 (19-20))
Last edited by Lord Foul on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Let's give this a try....

Prof. Dollin Underhill

Halfing; Male
STR: 5; DEX: 13; CON: 8; INT: 8; WIS: 9; CHA: 19
HP 3; SP 3
BAB: 0; Melee Atck: -2; Ranged Atck: +2; AC: 12
FORT: +1; REF: +5; WILL: +3; INIT: +1
Bard Feature: Bardic Knowledge, Bardic Music (countersong, fascinate, inspire courage)
0-level spells: Daze, Flare, Prestidigitation, Resistance
Feats: Dodge, Weapon Finese
Skills: Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Gather Information +8, Hide +5, Listen +2, Perform oratory +3, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +0

Dollin calls himself a professor. But he can be remarkably vague when it comes to where he earned any degree. In addition, he is unusually young to have such a title. But Dollin can speak with such authority and confidence on almost any subject that it is easy to understand how he gets away with such flim-flammery. Young Dollin has recently begun a career selling remedies on behalf of an actual apothecary. Dollin's colorful extemporaneous truth-adjacent statements caused business to boom. To the point that demand exceeded supply. Dollin - not wanting to see potential sales lost - mixed up some extra supply out of oil, vinegar and water. When the ruse began to be uncovered, Dollin was forced to flee to his home, even forced to leave his hard-stolen bag of coin behin.

Deeply superstitious, Dollin carries a lucky rabbits foot that he thinks gives him powers. He knows the right way to influence fate under any circumstance.

Alloria West-star

Elf; Female
STR: 3; DEX: 12; CON: 16; INT: 7; WIS: 13; CHA: 14
HP 4; SP 6
BAB: 0; Melee Atck: -4; Ranged Atck: +1; AC: 11
FORT: +5; REF: +1; WILL: +3; INIT: +1
Druid Feature: Animal companion (eagle or hawk), nature sense, wild empathy
0-level spells: Cure Minor Wounds, Guidance, Know Direction
1-st level spell: Summon Nature's Ally
Feats: Augment Summoning
Skills: Handle Animal +4, Knowledge Nature +2, Spot +5, Wilderness Lore +5

Alloria is perceived as slow, stupid even. And it is true she knows little of what the villagers consider to be knowledge. But Alloria knows the forest. She knows the flora and the fauna. She knows the rhythms and rituals. She can feel the spirits of the forest. They 'talk' to her and she hears them. She cannot read the written word but nature is an open book to her.

Villagers don't know what to make of her. She's never in a hurry. Patient perhaps to fault.

Kayzo Blueflow

Dwarf; Male
STR: 11; DEX: 13; CON: 10; INT: 10; WIS: 14; CHA: 7
HP 2; SP 4

Kayzo leads a simple life, pulling the ferry across the river. He sees many travelers come and go, much like the water that passes around and under his ferry. Kayso is the proverbial salt of the earth, dependable and unnoticed. But Kayzo carries a secret. Three years ago, Kayze sailed with river pirates. Never the fiercest or the bravest, Kayzo did his job, raided river boats, and split the loot. One raid, however, went badly. This boat was ready for them. Guard after guard ran Kayzo's shipmates through, tossing their corpses overboard. Kayzo's very blandness is what saved him. He was literally overlooked during a battle. Stealing the pirate colors, Kayzo slipped away into the night, found himself and another job on the river, this time an honest one, and wonders if anyone will ever notice him.

Answers to almost any name, most often 'Hey you!'

Acker 'the Hacker' Mason

Dwarf; Male
STR: 16; DEX: 13; CON: 15; INT: 10; WIS: 8; CHA: 6
HP 4; SP 3
BAB: 1; Melee Atck: +4; Ranged Atck: +2; AC: 11
FORT: +4; REF: +1; WILL: -1; INIT: +1
Feats: Power Attack, Weapon Focus [Axe]
Skills: Climb +4, Handle Animal -1, Intimidate +2, Jump +4, Swim +4

Most people think Acker knows one thing, stone cutting and carving. But Acker has a secret. He's great at hitting anything. With bulging arms and a thickly muscled back, he can crack a granite block with one well placed swing of his hammer - and a skull even easier.

Acker has the heart of a poet, even if cannot express himself. He pines for his first love, who died years ago. He'll never feel the same way about anyone ever again.
Last edited by Ikoma on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 am

Just noticed the IC thread. It's late and I'm tired from a full day of relaxing. I'll the IC posts up in the morning.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:16 am

If Norman wants to steal the pie lets have him roll + his dex mod for how stealthy he is 12 being enough to not be seen by the pie baker. Let's also say that Doug is in the area and have him Roll + his Wis mod to spot Norman messing with the pie. Also roll + Norman's wis for how hot the pie still is: 1 being fresh from the oven and 15 being safe to eat
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Ikoma, the blue text you are using is very hard to read. Any chance you could lighten it a bit?

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:If Norman wants to steal the pie lets have him roll + his dex mod for how stealthy he is 12 being enough to not be seen by the pie baker. Let's also say that Doug is in the area and have him Roll + his Wis mod to spot Norman messing with the pie. Also roll + Norman's wis for how hot the pie still is: 1 being fresh from the oven and 15 being safe to eat

Norman see pie = Norman steal pie
Roll = 16(+2) = 18
Nifty Norman!

Eagle eyed Doug
Roll = 6(+2) = 8
Doesn't look like Doug spotted him

The Pie
Roll = 11(-2) = 9
Pie is hot to handle, but not burning

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Just to let you know, I'm going to be a bit flaky over the next week. I'm around tomorrow, but then I'm off to Venice until Sunday, back for a day, and then off to Edinburgh until late Tuesday evening. I won't have access to the interwebz while I'm away.

Hopefully this will give Ikoma the chance to catch up. :thumbup:

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 pm

I was thinking the pie-tasting competition was like what they do at fairs where the pies are brought from home and then there are judges who have a taste and then decide who came in first second and third. Then I was thinking the left over pies from could be added to the pie eating competition. I thought it would be an interesting twist that way the pie eating competitors had to eat any bad pies as well as the good, much to the amusement of the rest of the town.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood the nature of the event. Do you want Doug to be one of the judges or to enter one of his own pasties? I'm happy with either.

Return to “Play By Post”