0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 am

"Alright," The halfling says as he finishes opening the door and inserts a wedge at the base to keep it open. "Have a seat and I'll get to you right after I'm done with Pete. Pete come on in and we'll get this week's report."

Beyond the door is a small waiting room with a door and a desk at the opposite end. The sides of the room each have a bench that face each other. Pete and the halfling go through the door leaving you to wait.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 am

Dollin bustles is, looking for a prime and comfortable place to sit. He continues to carry on a light, pleasant chatter of 'small talk', asking opinions about the weather, favorite pies, the health of various family members - none of whom the halfling has met, of course.

Acker on the other hand, shuffles in last. Treating the place like a mausoleum or museum. The brawny dwarf looks paler inside than he does outside.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:51 am

Violet enters and waits for the others to begin taking seats, then she manoeuvres herself so that she takes the seat next to Billie, though further from the door and desk.

She does her best to ignore the noise of the prattling hobbit. After a week in his company she's getting quite good at it.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Arbuthnott
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby Arbuthnott » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Rowan follows after Dollin, sitting himself opposite the chatty halfling. He's content to make small talk, although his answers are often short and to the point.

Billie meanders over to Rowan, and plops herself down besides him; she turns to rest her back against his side as Violet sits next to her (coincidentally facing the entrance). She pulls out her notebook and flips through the pages, although she's perfectly open to engaging anyone in conversation. If not, she'll occasionally lean over to Violet and ask her opinion on a few inane topics.

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 pm

After a few minutes, the red haired halfling enters through the door and sits at the desk.

"Now then I'm Bodger." He says. "What can the Gilded Rosemallow do for you?"
Check out my wife's book

Arbuthnott
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby Arbuthnott » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Billie twists in her chair to look past Rowan. "Nice ta mee'cha Bodga. I'm Billie, an' this is Rowan, Violet, Dollin and..." she trails off with an apologetic look aimed at Acker. "'m sorry, friend, bu' yer name's comple'ly slipped me."

"I can' speak fer my friends here, but I was hopin' to see your collection o' books. I work over a' Steady's, so wha'ever you ask fer in return, 'm sure we can work sommin' out."

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 am

"I'm sorry," Bodger says. " and I'm sure you'll understand, our collection has some rare quite valuable tomes and direct access to the library is only granted to senior members of our guild. Our Junior members can't even examine a book without supervision. We accept research job requests if there is a particular subject or inquiry you need researched. These jobs aren't limited to just our library either."
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am

Acker finally speaks to say his name, "Acker... the Hacker some call me."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Violet waits, expecting Dollin to launch into conversation with the other hobbit... any moment now... :think:

When that doesn't happen, she reluctantly clears her throat and says:

"Mr Bodger, we are new to Crestwall and are in need of gainful work. During our travels we have discovered that we possess... certain aptitudes. We hear the Gilded Rosemallow is a fine place for those such as us to find work, problem-solving, investigating mysteries, locating lost property. We'll consider anything not immoral or unethical. Do you have anything that requires the attention of a group like us?"

:eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:17 am

"We may have something." Bodger says "Were you thinking about joining the guild? Also what certain aptitudes are you implying?"
Check out my wife's book

Return to “Play By Post”