0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Violet's attention is snatched away at the mention of books... :eh:

"Books, you say? That does sound interesting. I have a keen interest in books myself. Do you know how a person might get to take a look at this collection, by any chance?"

"Oh... my name is Violet. This is Dollin and the quiet muscly one is Acker. Nice to make your acquaintance."
:)
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Arbuthnott
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby Arbuthnott » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Billie's entire demeanor changes as Dollin mentions your heroic out-of-town escapades. She stops moving, standing straighter and taller; Rowan, noticing this, stands and begins walking over. "Really? But tha's amazing! You travel around, savin' people? Well if tha's the case, maybe we could-" "-show you around town after our business here is done." Rowan interupts Billie with a hand to the shoulder. They stare at each other for a few seconds, before Billie's earlier grin returns and she turns back towards Dollin and Violet.

Hearing Violet introduce the group, Rowan returns the favour. "And it's nice to make yours. My name is Rowan, and this is my sister Billie." He then gives Acker a quick nod of acknowledgement, before turning to Dollin. "If you want a tour of the town, I can show you my favourite haunt. Not everyone agrees with me there, but if it's ale you're after, it's got the best."

Billie instead turns to Violet. "I avn't been 'ere meself yet; I only 'eard about the library the other day. I'm gonna see if they'll le' me take a look around; If ya fancy, ya could tag along?"

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:53 pm

"I'd like that," replies Violet with a smile. "Do you have a special interest in books of a certain type, or just writings in general?" :)

Arbuthnott

Postby Arbuthnott » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:00 pm

"Me? I like a good story; hearin' abou' ancient kings and grand adventures. But mos'ly I like learnin' abou' how stuff works, ya see? I's brillian', the stuff you can make if ya know enough abou' it." Billie looks at Violet appraisingly for a second before pulling out her notebook and flipping to a well-worn page. "Here, I don' suppose you recognise any o' this?" The page shows a well organised list of shapes, no two repeated.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Violet looks at the page of shapes intently... :eh: (and rolls a 14 (+4 INT) to check if any of it makes sense)

"I'm a weaver by trade," she says to Billie, "but I've noticed that many things can be woven that are quite beyond the normal, if you only know how to grasp them and coax them into the shape you want. I've been experimenting with that sort of thing... with some small success. It may be that these shapes represent another type of weaving... something a little more... practical." :think:

Arbuthnott

Postby Arbuthnott » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Billie looks at the notebook forlornly. "Yeah, I saw these a few years back in the shop, copied each symbol down. I though' they migh' be some kind o' runes, but they're nothin' like is shown in any rune book I've found."

She seems intrigued at Violet's theory. "Tha'd be grea' if i' were. So, yer a weaver, then? How'd you learn all this stuff, anyway?" Her expression turns wistful. "I' must be grea', travelin' the world, reading books from all over."
Last edited by Arbuthnott on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm

"I expect it must be," answers Violet. "But truth to tell I've only been travelling for the last week, since our village was massacred by the plant people. I've no more experience than that, so I have as much to learn from a library of books as you do." :)

"I wonder when this place opens?" :think:

She turns to the beggar then, and says:

"Good morning to you, sir. I wonder, do you know when the doors might open? Or are we all just waiting outside with no need? Can we go inside?"
:eh:

Arbuthnott

Postby Arbuthnott » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Billie blanches at Violet's reference to the massacre, and steps aside as she addresses the beggar. :sick:

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:45 pm

A look of surprise comes over the the beggars face.

"Sorry," He says. "people usually don't ask me nicely for things. The guild usually opens up around this time of day. Though Bodger sometimes sleeps in. Also I'm sad to hear about your village. Was it West Haven? There have been rumors around town about the attack."
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:01 pm

"It was West Haven, yes," replies Violet. "I think only a few of us made it out alive, and the journey here was almost as dangerous, with the bandits and the goblins and wolves. Still, we made it, and now we need some way to earn a living."

"What can you tell us about this guild? Are they trustworthy?"
:)

Return to “Play By Post”