0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Wed May 27, 2020 10:40 am

Acker sits nearby, clearly listening to and enjoying the bedtime story himself.... but not coming out and saying so.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm

"The Gilded Rosemallow is a guild of 'rat catchers'." The Pastor explains. "Sorry that's what the locals call them. They do odd jobs for money. They like to think of themselves as problem solvers, explorers and treasure hunters."
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu May 28, 2020 9:50 am

Violet looks down at Dollin and says:

"That sounds like an interesting group. Maybe a way we could earn a bit of money. How would you feel about coming with me tomorrow to go and find out a bit more about them?"
:eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat May 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Dollin perks up, he attention drawn back from wherever it had wondered off to.

"Perform? For a crowd? For money? My good man, I can think of nothing I would like better!"

Then it sinks in there was two sets of questions...

"Ah, guild of rat catchers? That sounds like it might be profitable. Dirty, maybe dangerous, but certainly an avenue for earning some honest coin." He winks slyly on the word honest.

"But to address you two musicians. I've never been to college of any kind. I know I may have introduced myself as Professor Underhill in the past but I assure you that was a simple embellishment and I deeply regret any confusion I may have inadvertently caused. I have promised your most town's most persuasive captain of the guard and have no intention of proving myself a liar. As for the musical talent, such as it is, I have had no formal training in that arena. But I did learn at the feet of a master, my dear mother, god rest her soul. She sang so beautifully, it could make even a rough and rambunctious youth such as I sit still for bath, bed, or meal."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sun May 31, 2020 5:20 am

Ikoma wrote:"Ah, guild of rat catchers? That sounds like it might be profitable. Dirty, maybe dangerous, but certainly an avenue for earning some honest coin." He winks slyly on the word honest.

"Well, I prefer the ideas of problem solving, exploring and treasure hunting," replies Violet, "but I expect we'll find there's a variety of opportunities out there if we look in the right places. I have to say I find the notion quite exciting... but I'm also a little nervous about meeting a pack of 'rat catchers'. I'm really glad that you'll be coming along. I feel a lot safer with company." :)

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:38 am

Once the children have fallen asleep, Doug gets up and commands ET to follow him outside. He goes looking for Pastor Katrina and, when he finds her, he asks:

"Good evening Pastor. The children are asleep now and my friends are all settling into your bunkhouse. It's very kind of you to provide for us in this way. If there's anything we can do to repay your kindness please don't hesitate to let us know... that's in addition to my own service to the Temple, of course."

"I wanted to ask you something. ET here needs to put down roots into the soil to gain nourishment. Is there a place where you would prefer that he spends his nights? I wouldn't want to accidentally transgress by 'planting' him in the wrong plot of ground."
:)

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:48 pm

Pastor Katrina thinks about it for a moment.

"I imagine anywhere is fine." She says. "As long none of the crops are harmed, he should be able to put roots down without any issue. We'll have see what happens to the soil uses afterward. Can I ask you a question? What was it like? The Grain Mother's call to you, I mean. The harvest master is the only one I've known to have direct contact with her."
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:01 pm

"Well, I don't think I've had direct contact," answers Doug, "but it was surely sent by the Goddess."

"It was after we'd escaped the village and were on the way here in Professor Underhill's wagon. Terrance and the two boys were sick from the woses' poison and I was sore worried about them. When we stopped to rest the horses I took myself off a ways and I prayed to the Grain Goddess to help them. Then there was this strange feeling, like a light breeze brushing against me, and a voice in my head. I remember it clearly. It said:

"Faithful Doug your prayer has been heard. My mistress, the Grain Goddess sends you a boon. Though it is not much as her connection to you is weak. If you wish to strengthen your bond seek her disciples in Crestwall."

Then the voice faded away, but I felt tingling travel through me until it settled in my eyes and hands. When I got back to the others I could see the poison in them, like green lines stretching from their wounds toward their hearts like a spiders web. The tingling in my hands sort of balled up and I just knew it was healing magic and with a touch it would be released. I was able to cure both the boys, at least long enough for the others to brew the antidote. Saved their lives, thanks be to Chauntea!" :)

"I'm just sorry I couldn't do more," he says, rather sadly, casting a glance at ET as he remembers the brave shepherd who was lost. :(

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm

"You did what you could Doug." The Pastor says as she puts a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You and your group braved a lot to get those children out. That's a victory focus on that."
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:16 am

"So few, though," says Doug, his voice catching a little. "What they did... to the rest of the village... it's just horrible. All those people... women and children... just butchered! I've never felt so angry, or so desolate. I need to serve the Temple, Pastor, to be doing something... anything... to stop me thinking about all those children. Give me some direction and I'll follow faithfully." :( :|

Return to “Play By Post”