0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:53 am

Acker squints as he looks up. "Someone with a bow want to bring it down?" He's still putting on the tough guy act for the goblins, hoping one of them speaks up if they know something.... anything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:44 pm

"Probably best not to harm it," ventures Violet. "We know somebody who uses animals to keep a watch on things. It might be friendly. Or, if not, it could be someone else with similar powers." :think:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 am

Billie initially rears back as soon as she catches the sound of voices from above, but after a few tense moments she releases a quite breath as she remembers that she is currently invisible. With a smile, she makes for the hand holds to the left of the entrance, puts down the branch and begins to climb.

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:25 pm

All of a sudden the hawk stops circling, tucks in its wings and dives silently towards the group. As it reaches the tree tops the wings spread out again and it flies towards a large branch. As group watches it seems to transform. One sec its a hawk the next a small dainty feminine figure steps onto the branch. You're not quite sure what she is. Humanoid but dainty like an elf, short as a gnome, hairy feet, long layered blond hair, wearing a worn child's flower dress. She holds a small thick tome closed in one hand. She waves with the other.

"Hello" She says in common.

Billie reaches the top of the hill with easy. She hears the two talking still. One stifles a laugh. As she peeks over the edge she can see several bushes that would make great hiding places. She can make out behind two shrubs a couple pairs of boots.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:22 am

"Hello," answers Doug with a smile. :)

"That's quite a trick. It must be so exciting to be able to fly as a hawk."

"Oh, sorry, I'm forgetting my manners. My name is Doug. How do you do? Are you connected with one of the groups out here?"
:)

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am

Doug's calm voice stops Acker with his hands in the process of swinging the axe off his shoulder. Startled by the change more than anything else, Acker was instantly responding 'in character' as the bully before even thinking. Not that thinking is the stone mason's strong suit to begin with...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Rowan steps closer to the goblins, eyeing this mysterious stranger. At Doug's introduction, he offers a brief wave and a "H'llo".

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:50 am

Getting as close the the shrubs as she dares, Billie turns back to observe the clearing below. Presumably the entrance to the tomb is out of site below the lip of the hill; is there a clear blindspot from the side of the clearing to the tomb entrance?

With that, Billie begins the walk back towards the group, slightly distracted as she thinks. She keeps the ring on, however.

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue May 04, 2021 4:33 pm

From her vantage point Billie notices that the only part of the clearing she can't see is the area directly in front of the steep hill. [The foliage at the clearings edges reach the side of the hill, so you could sneak along the hill from either of those points to the entrance]

"I am called Seratha" The girl replies. "Where are the rest of your forces? Zadle spoke of a small company of dwarves who had captured part of my tribe. I see my scouts but no sign or even tracks of dwarves anywhere nearby."
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 pm

"I see no other dwarves. Perhaps your scout was mistaken, or exaggerating," replies Doug with a smile. :)

"As you can see we have your scouts, but they are mostly unharmed. One of them was injured, but we've made sure he'll recover without any long-term effects."

"We really don't want to cause you any trouble. We just want access to the place you are using as a lair, so we might retrieve something from inside. But our prior dealings with goblins have not always gone well, so we took these scouts hostage to ensure cooperation."

"If you'll allow us to enter the tomb and take the thing we seek, then we'll release these goblins without any further harm and be on our way. I'm sure you can see that getting into hostilities will only end badly for all of us."
:)

Return to “Play By Post”