0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 am

Acker rubs his temple.... 'a riddle?' Acker is not good with riddles. He listens as Doug runs through half-a-dozen ideas quicker than Acker can think of a single thought. But Acker can look around. And Acker knows stone. He gets down on one knee and reaches out, feeling around the base of the state and the edges of the decorations, feeling for seems.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:31 am

Billie follows back a cautious distance from the group after her scare. Although she pauses a second to admire the glowing fountain, she doesn't dither behind. She chooses to give the group a wide berth, initially staying near the entrance to the room.

As the others talk, however, Billie creeps forwards, unable to resist a puzzle. She cocks her head for a minute, thinking, before walking over directly to the statue. Leaning towards the statue's ear, she waits until somebody speaks before whispering "I order you to open."

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:36 pm

Doug and Acker's search of the walls reveals where a secret door is most probable. The is a tiny gap under the dias the spans the whole of its front side. There is a seam along between the angled walls and the dias, which then goes up the edge of the back wall. The dwarves come the conclusion that the dias and back wall will slide forward somehow.

When Billie order's the statue it's eyes glow blue for a moment then flash red. The statue speaks without moving

"Linguistics stone activated and updated." It says in an old dwarven dialect which bring back memories for Doug and Acker of the way their individual great-great grandparents used to talk. The statue then switches to a more human voice in the common tongue "Wrong. I Sextus Varius do not recognize your orders. Good guess though. You have two more tries."

[GM thought process if it matters: I figure given the long lives of dwarves means great grand parents are as common as grand parents to humans and rarely do great-great grandparents live to see a child grown. Also this would mean dialects would be slower to change over the centuries since the statue was built]
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:17 am

Acker could not be more shocked at this moment. To hear a dwarven voice in this place? On top of that...

"Who guessed? I didn't say anything! Doug, do you think it reads minds?!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:38 pm

Doug is almost as surprised... :o

"Er... well... perhaps it was listening to us... and has responded in the tongue we were speaking..." :eh:

"What was that it said? Wrong, but we have two more tries." :think:

Doug approaches the front of the statue, straightening his clothing and trying to look authoritative...

"Er... Lord Sextus Varius... we aim to serve law, battle chaos, and to keep the Delian lore secret. We bid you open the way and allow us entry."

:eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:27 pm

As soon as the statue begins to react, Billie jumps backwards, startled. She fixes her eyes on Seratha, looking for any reaction to suggest that her guise is up.

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Seratha's eyes remain fixed on the statue. Billie is pretty sure she hasn't been noticed.

The statue eye glow blue for a moment and then flash green. "Password accepted." The eyes then flash yellow. "Master Dwarf I'm sensing you are outnumbered by those who embody chaos. Are these your slaves or captives? Should I deploy countermeasures? That goblin queen is an especially nasty foe."

"True if I were their foe, which I'm not." Seratha says "You stupid racist machine."

"Quiet goblin filth least I awaken me actual body to deal with you. What say you Master Dwarf? You answered my riddle and are not steeped in chaos. Do you wish to override and open the door or eliminate this threat?"
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:00 pm

"Lord Varius, these goblins are not our enemies," replies Doug.

"We know very well that the goblins have long been servants of chaos, but times are changing and many strange events are occurring in the world around us. This goblin queen has dealt honourably with us, and we have an opportunity here to bring her and her people into the bosom of the law, that we might begin to forge a better future."

"Please stay you hand and take no action against them. We would show them that those who stand for the law are also honourable and may be trusted to keep their word."

"Open the door, if you will."
:)
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:49 pm

"Very well. Please ask me to close it when you are done admiring my tomb." The Statue's eye stop flashing and then the sound of stone rolling on stone and a mechanical clicking can be heard as it and the dias and the back wall move forward. Everything stops when the gap behind the back wall is wide enough for people to walk through.
Check out my wife's book

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:02 pm

Billie has to physically stop herself from whistling in admiration as the mechanism moves. She begins to move towards the entrance, but stops when she remembers what's inside: A Ghost! Worse, a ghost belonging to an oppressive militant organisation. She wonders briefly how she got into this situation.

She can't turn her curiosity off, however, and her eyes roam the entrance, searching for any hint of the mechanism, scholar or ghost within.

Return to “Play By Post”