0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:02 am

Acker tilts his head. "Maybe we just bull our way in? The little green lads so far has been pretty easy to intimidate..."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Arbuthnott wrote:"So, wha's the plan? 'm happy usin' this to take a look around." Turning to Violet, she asks "Anythin' you wan' me ta keep'n eye out fer?"

"If you can get inside, knowing what obstacles, if any, lie between us and the statue of the knight on horseback would be useful. But the general disposition of the goblins and any others there is probably the priority right now. Try not to get caught by whoever is in charge there. She may have senses beyond the normal, so be careful." :eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:03 pm

"Perhaps a distraction might be useful," offers Doug. :)

"If we want to try to make a deal with the remaining goblins and their leader, somebody should go and talk to them. I'm happy to go. Of course, somebody will need to stay and guard the hostages, but that won't take all of us."

"Anybody else fancy coming along?" He looks directly at Dollin.
:)
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:26 pm

"Aye! I can help with a little negotiation."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 am

"I'll stay here to keep an eye on our friends. All of you be safe, alright?" Looking around for Alyssa, Rowan smiles at the girl. "Mind giving me a hand? I'll feel a lot safer with you keeping an eye out for me."

Were the goblins we ambushed armed? If so, Rowan will collect any weapons they have and offer them to the group with a "Better safe than sorry." The rest he'll pile at the base of a nearby tree.

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:31 am

"Sounds like a plan. 'll take a qui' look firs'; if i's all clear I'll come back'nd le' yeh know. Then you can 'elp me ge' inside proper." After confirming with Jacob the correct direction to go, she gives everyone a little wave, puts her other hand in a pocket, and proceeds to slip on the ring as she sticks her tongue out at Rowan.

Now invisible, she chuckles to herself at her brother's obvious exsasperation before sauntering in the direction of the ruins. The further she gets from where the party stopped, the more care she puts into walking silently. She keeps her eyes peeled for anything important: does she still have a shadow/leave footprints?; are there obvious signs of activity in the undergrowth?; have the goblins set any traps ahead of time?

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:42 pm

Following the directions Jacob gives her, Billie heads off ahead of the rest of the group. She notes that her footprints are not concealed but her shadow is. In a few minutes she reaches a the outskirts of clear area. The entrance to the tomb is set into a the side of a large rocky hill. The doors have been smashed in and only a few gnarled dead trees occupy the area before the entrance. A firepit nearby has recently been extinguished and gives off faint smoke. Billie sees no traps or people hiding.
Check out my wife's book

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:34 pm

Picking up a (now invisible) branch, Billie slowly slowly creeps into the clearing, making sure to only walk where the goblins have already left footprints. The main areas that she is interested in examining are the dead trees, the circumference of the clearing (including any traversable ground directly above the entrance of the tomb) and the entrance itself.

With Violet's warning in mind, she keeps an eye out for anything out of the ordinary; runes and such. She also cautiously uses the branch to poke the dead trees and tap the floor just inside the entrance of the tomb. Does she hear anything, either from the surrounding area or from within the tomb itself?

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:54 am

The clearing is grass covered except close to the entrance, so Billie has an easy time hiding her tracks. As she navigates the edge of the clearing she finds some hand holds cut into the side of the hill hidden where the left side of the clearing meets the side of the rocky hill.

Glancing at the top of the hill about twenty feet above the entrance, Billie can see living trees and other growth up there plenty of places to hide.

Looking at the trees Billie can see nothing out of the ordinary. A few crude cut marks carved by bored goblin sentries perhaps but no drawings or runes. Nothing happens when she pokes the trees.

Standing at the entrance Billie can see the remains of the heavy wooden double doors that used to stand a couple feet into cave like opening. The left hand side of the entrance is a wall for the room beyond, which is twenty feet across and extends to the right into darkness. There is an doorway in the way about five feet into the room. When Billie taps the floor she hears a couple of voices at the at the top of the hill.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 am

"That hawk is acting strange" Jacob says looking up at the sky, a little while after Billie leaves the group to scout ahead "It keeps circling us."

The goblins seem to get a bit agitated as he says this.
Check out my wife's book

Return to “Play By Post”