0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
User avatar
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 pm
Location: Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

The creature Acker hit stumbles to the ground from the force of the blow. It takes a moment to pull the axe from it's shoulder before trying to get up again.

"Acker!" The jeweler cries as she tosses him a bottle. Acker catches it easily
[Nat 20] "It's healing tonic. We're pinned down here. Get some help or a horse so we can get this wagon moving."

Alloria manages to knock a thorny dog off one of the archers. As she helps him up she waves the dagger at the creature to keep it at bay. It snarls and barks looking for an opening as the two retreat with the others.

As Violet watches the tree top move to come around a building she sees a tall slender woman holding a long glowing rope in one hand leading the ancient oak. She has dusky bark coloured skin and long silver hair that shines in the afternoon sun. The tree moves behind her like an animal on a leash, it's roots writhing like snakes or worms disturbing the earth and stones of village lane. It's branches dragging along the sides of houses on both sides of the street. The little men and dogs merely run around and past her except for two who walk beside her. These two are different from their fellow in that they wear some clothing. One wears boots and the other a tri-cornered hat.
Check out my wife's book

User avatar
Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore
Posts: 45151
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 am

Violet has seen enough. It is clear to her now that the village is doomed; there is nobody here capable of standing against that, whatever it is. Some woodland witch who can control trees! Time to find a way out of here.

The enemy are coming from the northwest, so she quickly hatches an escape route as she packs a few essential things into her loose canvas shoulder bag and dons a dull grey-green cloak with a hood and her best pair of walking boots. She makes sure to include her mother's silver spoon, in case she never returns. She attaches her dagger to her belt, takes up her shortbow and remaining arrows, and heads for her secret escape hatch in the attic.

Quietly lifting the hatch, she peers around to make sure nothing is observing, then she climbs out, closing the hatch behind her. The zip line is still there, almost invisible unless one knows to look for it, and she positions herself with a strap of polished leather over the wire, takes a deep breath and launches herself off the roof.


Roll is 15 if some kind of check is needed (+3 DEX?)

She lands gracefully on top of the shed outside the building where she has attached the other end of the line, and quietly drops down to the ground. Then she heads east, and south, away from the attackers, heading for the freshwater creek she knows will provide her with some cover to the edge of the village and beyond.

If she runs into any trouble on the way, she still has four more arrow shots rolled for from the ones I prepared earlier: 16+3(4), 10+3(4), 19+3(6), 18+3(2)

If she makes it out of the village she'll head east a bit and then circle round to the south road. Her destination is Crestwall, a week's travel to the south, where she intends to tell the nobles what has occurred here.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

User avatar
Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore
Posts: 45151
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 am

Doug continues to try to organise the retreat of as many villagers as he can, with the assistance of the visiting hobbit, who is proving to be a most resourceful chap. Doug looks out for any likely means of transport. Ideally wagons or carts, but any horses that might be ridden would be good too.

His aim is to get people onto transport and away from the attacking force. If he can find a wagon he'll take the driving seat and allow those better able to fight off any attackers.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

User avatar
Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore
Posts: 45151
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:05 am

Norman is terrified and wets himself as he runs for his life.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

User avatar
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron
Posts: 12968
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Pleasant Grove, UT
Contact:

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Acker yells back, "Thanks!" Before spinning and looking, first for another foe who might be dangerously close, but secondly for some kind of means of transport. The fair was full of animals before, draft horses mostly. But many of those have broken free out of fear in the exploding conflict. But there is a big pale grey colored shire draft, straining to break free of it's tether. No one seems to be around it, though a human man does lie dead in the dirt near the animal. Acker doesn't know... or care... at the moment if that was the owner of if Acker is about to commit theft.

Keeping the axe ready in the event that a wooden foe approaches, Acker does his best to calm his voice, "Come now, boy, calm yourself. Let's get you free."
[Animal Handling 13 (-1 WIS?) = 12
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron
Posts: 12968
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Pleasant Grove, UT
Contact:

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Alloria barely manages to keep her instinct to turn and run at bay. She knows in her head she is not faster than the wooden dogs and she is better off with others than alone. But her naturally intoverted nature mixed with a potent dose of adrenaline screaming "RUN!" into her brain is almost more than she can bear. She waves the dagger, not daring to risk any kind of brave attack and moves back. Out of the corner of her eye, she hears a big brute of a fellow trying to calm a beautiful horse.

She turns and runs to help him. A horse would be faster than the dogs. And bigger. "Here now lad, let's get that rope untied."
[Handle Animal assist: 8 (+1 WIS) = 9
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 pm
Location: Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 am

Norman runs and runs anytime he sees a little wooden man he turns a corner or back pedals if he has to. Running and escape is all he can think about. He exits an alley onto the main road and his face hits the dirt. He pushes himself up and looks at what he tripped on. Lying in the street is the body of his father, a spear wound in his chest. Before he can really process the death of his father Norman notices the shadow of a giant oak fall on him. Looking up he sees the most beautiful woman he has every seen walking with two of the woodmen and a giant oak being lead behind her

With the elf's help Acker manages to calm the horse and get it untied. More attackers are heading into the area following the archers the lass was with.

Alloria notices a few groups of defenders enter the village square where all the stalls had been setup. The idea that the attackers might be herding everyone comes to her mind.

Managing to avoid large groups of attackers Doug and Dollin's group arrive at the square. They see the strong men defending a wagon with some villagers inside. Some archers are just arriving, as well as a few other groups. They also see two people untying a horse. Dollin's wagon is here as well though the animal that pulled it is gone.
Check out my wife's book

User avatar
Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore
Posts: 45151
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Doug instinctively starts organising people to find horses or any other serviceable beasts of burden to pull wagons and help get people out of here. He'll devote his time to directing people to be more purposeful and bring the disparate groups together for a mass escape attempt on wagons.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

User avatar
Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore
Posts: 45151
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Norman looks at the corpse of his father. "He's dead, the bastard!" he thinks, a mixture of relief and genuine grief rushing through his mind. Then he looks up and sees a vision of loveliness... power and death on a rope!

He remains kneeling and gazes up at the woman.

"Mistress! How may I serve you?" he says.

And he means it.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

User avatar
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron
Posts: 12968
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Pleasant Grove, UT
Contact:

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Acker is grateful for the young elf's help. His first instinct is to find the jeweler, load as many as he can on this draft horse's back, and get out of here. His intentions are disrupted by a diminutive - but loud - halfling.

"Oi! Big man! Hitch that horse to my wagon and we can get more to safety!"

Alloria looks about, trying to suss out if their is a bigger plan the attackers are trying to achieve. [16 (+1 WIS) : 17]

Dollin works to attract escaping villagers to his wagon.

Acker leads the horse to the wagon and does his best to get the beast into the harness. [Handle Animal 13 (-1 WIS) : 12]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Return to “Play By Post”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest