0-level D&D esque game interest check

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: 0-level D&D esque game interest check

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 am

Ikoma wrote:
Fallout_Monkey wrote:
Ikoma wrote:I'm gonna go with the Halfling as a Doctor but run him more as a snake oil salesman / conman kind of thing. I like the idea of him having a rabbit's foot and being deeply superstitious.

So is he a traveling salesman? If so is he just passing through or is this his home he always comes back to to resupply? If not what keeps him from getting lynch mobbed? Are his cold tonics just that good?

I think it all works better if this is his home base and he doesn't sell here. As far as why he isn't lynched, he's probably a Sorcerer/Bard multiclass who uses magic to swindle peasants in nearby villages and hamlets.

Fallout_Monkey wrote:
Ikoma wrote:I think the Elf would make a good Shaman. I'll give her the candle that can't be lit. Don't know what to make of it yet but I'm sure it'll be fun once we figure out a way to move forward.

Is she more about ancestor worship or animal spirits? Is she a healer as well and would she be at odds with your Doctor?

I would go animal spirits. In D&D terms, she shifts shapes to compensate for her horrible strength stat.

In D&D terms these characters have no class yet. Basically level 0 commoners, so no spells or shape shift abilities yet. But I don't think that will hinder these characters at their jobs.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Do you want me to wait a little longer for other players before I start?
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:03 pm

If you want/need another player to make up the numbers I could give it a go. There's nothing much happening in my other games right now.

Let me find my dice and I'll be back with some numbers.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:Do you want me to wait a little longer for other players before I start?

Yeah, I think that would be best.

Anyone want to join me in this experiment?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Okay, dice found, let's go... :thumbup:

PC1: race = 4 (dwarf): ST 11, DEX 9, CON 14(+2), INT 11, WIS 12(+2), CHR 15(-2): HP 3(+3); SP 1(+2)

PC2: race = 6 (elf): ST 12, DEX 14(+2), CON 8(-2), INT 8(+2), WIS 13, CHR 12: HP 1(-2); SP 4(+1)

Oops! Looks like that one died. Great start! :facepalm:

PC3: race = 5 (human): ST 6, DEX 13(+2), CON 11, INT 9, WIS 6, CHR 11: HP 3; SP 5(-2)

Only decent stat is DEX, so might as well boost that and be some kind of sneak! :shifty:

PC4: race = 2 (half-orc): ST 16(+2), DEX 9, CON 9, INT 8, WIS 5, CHR 10: HP 4(-1); SP 3(-3)

Eeek! Another one with only one good stat. At least it's ST. Could be a lumberjack or menhir deliveryman.

Bonus PC5: race = 8 (half-elf): ST 6, DEX 16, CON 9, INT 16(+2), WIS 12, CHR 9: HP 2(-1); SP 2(+1)

Yay! Two decent stats. Almost died again, though. That was close. Better boost INT to have a chance of surviving with 1 HP. :think:

So, looks like I have:
a stout dwarf with good CON and decent WIS
a sneaky human with decent DEX but no brains or brawn
a really strong half-orc with even worse brains
and a clever half-elf with good DEX but severe paranoia

What could possibly go wrong? :D

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:26 pm

maybe the elf that died was the parent to the half-elf.

Here are you options for professions and your trinkets:
Brigand
Weaver
Woodcutter
miner
Potato Farmer
moneylender

A silver spoon with an M engraved on the handle
A four-leaf clover pressed inside a book discussing manner and etiquette
A small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives you unsettling dreams when you sleep near it
A glass orb filled with moving smoke
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:maybe the elf that died was the parent to the half-elf.

I really like that idea, thanks. :thumbup:

I think the half-elf will be a weaver of fine silks and such like, and will possess a silver spoon with an M engraved on the handle, a memento of her lost mother, Mirella. She is watchful for any kind of danger and tries to avoid confrontation if at all possible. People think she's a coward. They may be right. I like the name Violet for this one.

The human will be a moneylender, or work for one. He's a weasel and not very bright, so maybe the son of the local loan shark. He has a glass orb filled with moving smoke, which he believes to have magical properties of concealment, if only he could figure out how to work it. He's a bit of a dick and everyone despises him, even though many are polite so as not to offend his father. I think I'm going to call him Norman.

The half-orc is a woodcutter who lives alone in a shack in the forest. He possesses a small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives you unsettling dreams when you sleep near it. The dreams used to bother him but he's starting to get used to them now {twitch}, and at least he doesn't get bothered at night by wildlife. His human parent wanted to call him Roger, but couldn't write so put Rogar instead.

The dwarf is a potato farmer, a contented jolly sort who enjoys his food and likes nothing better than to share stories in the inn over a few ales. He has a four-leaf clover pressed inside a book discussing manner and etiquette. He thinks the clover will bring him good luck in the harvest and is interested in the ways people behave and talk to each other. He is far too humble to actually believe he might some day become a priest. His name is Duggan, or "Dug" for short.

Does all this sound okay? Happy to change anything that doesn't fit. :eh:

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:The human will be a moneylender, or work for one. He's a weasel and not very bright, so maybe the son of the local loan shark. He has a glass orb filled with moving smoke, which he believes to have magical properties of concealment, if only he could figure out how to work it. He's a bit of a dick and everyone despises him, even though many are polite so as not to offend his father. I think I'm going to call him Norman.

Does he live on an allowance and only has 3 silver left till next time. Or does he just use has dad's credit everywhere?

Lord Foul wrote:I think the half-elf will be a weaver of fine silks and such like, and will possess a silver spoon with an M engraved on the handle, a memento of her lost mother, Mirella. She is watchful for any kind of danger and tries to avoid confrontation if at all possible. People think she's a coward. They may be right. I like the name Violet for this one.

The half-orc is a woodcutter who lives alone in a shack in the forest. He possesses a small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives you unsettling dreams when you sleep near it. The dreams used to bother him but he's starting to get used to them now {twitch}, and at least he doesn't get bothered at night by wildlife. His human parent wanted to call him Roger, but couldn't write so put Rogar instead.

The dwarf is a potato farmer, a contented jolly sort who enjoys his food and likes nothing better than to share stories in the inn over a few ales. He has a four-leaf clover pressed inside a book discussing manner and etiquette. He thinks the clover will bring him good luck in the harvest and is interested in the ways people behave and talk to each other. He is far too humble to actually believe he might some day become a priest. His name is Duggan, or "Dug" for short.

I like all these characters. All looks good.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Fallout_Monkey wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:The human will be a moneylender, or work for one. He's a weasel and not very bright, so maybe the son of the local loan shark. He has a glass orb filled with moving smoke, which he believes to have magical properties of concealment, if only he could figure out how to work it. He's a bit of a dick and everyone despises him, even though many are polite so as not to offend his father. I think I'm going to call him Norman.

Does he live on an allowance and only has 3 silver left till next time. Or does he just use has dad's credit everywhere?

I think the allowance works well. He's spoilt and entitled, but his tastes exceed his allowance so he has to get inventive to find additional funds, and he's none too bothered how that happens or who gets ripped off to pay for his pleasures.

Told you he's a rat.

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:48 am

I think we've got all the players we are going to get so I think I start this game tomorrow
Check out my wife's book

Return to “Play By Post”