Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Game Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Mariyta
'something' per Dan's request

Re: Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Game Thread)

Postby Mariyta » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:17 am

Tessa looked sidelong at Janet as Rachel described her experiences. Something was off with that one. It might bear digging into. Ignoring Jacob completely, she focused on Rachel. "Two questions right now: when you weren't alone, who were with you? Also, do you happen to have that customer's video still? I want to see if maybe it caught anything."
All's fair in love and the apocalypse.

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Rachel replied "We do still have the tape, we saved it out. You can watch it in the screening room if you want, but I don't think it'll be much help, it's almost all static. I saw the spirit once downstairs with Candice, and once in the storage room with Janet."

Candice added "That was the first time I'd seen it, it gave me such a fright."
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:04 pm

"In every single occurrence it did the same motion over and over again? No variation whatsoever?" Adam tried to keep his emotions in check from the excitement of this. "And it always came after you, correct? No one else who saw it experience the same thing, right?"

He may know less about ghosts then his partner, but M.O.'s are at least something he can understand. He had seen enough reruns of Hill Street Blues, after all.
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 am

"Oh, no there are small variations in her actions, its not like she's a recording or anything. She just always always seems to have the same goal, which is to stab me." Rachel paused for a second, then turned to Candice and Janet "Has she never tried to stab either of you two?"

Janet just shook her head, while Candice chimed in "I... thought she had, but it occurs to me now that you were standing right next to me at the time."

Rachel buried her face in her hands. "Great, we don't have a randomly homicidal ghost, we have a ghost that just wants me dead specifically."

Mariyta

Postby Mariyta » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:44 am

"How interesting." Tessa tapped her chin. This was far beyond her areas of expertise, but she wasn't sure yet which of her contacts would be the best to get in touch with. "She clearly has a vendetta against you, but she doesn't seem to be someone you know. I wonder why. And if she's only been around a week and there haven't been any recent deaths... it's possible she was summoned."

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Candice spoke up, trying to comfort her co-worker "Well we don't know it's definitely after you. Maybe it's mistaking you for someone else?. In any case, maybe you should take a few days off until we get this figured out?" She turned back to Tessa and Adam "If you want to view that tape I can go get it ready for you, there are viewing rooms downstairs."

Mariyta

Postby Mariyta » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:44 pm

"That would be great," Tessa agreed. "Any help is important."

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Adam glanced over at the two of them. Apparently they had not put that fact together just yet; that seemed odd, but he knew enough of how people acted that during stressful situations. Sometimes when you're so fixated on a problem, you can ignore the obvious in front of you. The video tape was probably their best clue for now, best to pursue that before anything. He gave a casual nod at her with a large grin for having figured that clue out. He was being a pretty good Watson and a not too shabby Winston too.

"Let's go to the videotape!" He started to follow Tessa to where the tape, glancing over to see if anyone caught the reference.

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 am

Candice lead the two down to the viewing room. The room itself was fairly small, made for one person, but the pair were able to fit in easily enough, though Candice waited outside.

The video starts out fairly typically, a man in his mid 30's acting super macho and acting like he'd be able to solve all the problems of some lucky woman. About 45 seconds into the video static starts to fizz across the screen, a few seconds later the man stops talking mid sentence and starts starting wide eyed at something off to the side of the camera. The static progressively gets worse as an ethereal woman comes into frame. The woman looks modern, a sweater and jeans and big hair, you wouldn't think twice about seeing her walk down the street today. The man starts screaming and falls out of her chair, while the woman turns to look directly into the camera, with what looks like murderous intent in her eyes. Then the video goes completely static and stays that way.

As the video ends and the pair start to get up, the power goes out in the building. Candice can be seen in the hall from the light from the front windows, she nervously begins looking around. "Uh, this has never happened before."

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

Is there still light in the room form the streets or is it just this building?

There is a look of fear on Adam's face, then a look of excitement on it immediately after. Hard to see it in the dark..."Ooo! This could mean a haunting is about to begin!"...though the tone of his voice would surely express it, nonetheless. "Quickly, to the target, Rachel!"

He just needed to find the staircase...

ImageImage

Return to “Play By Post”