Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Game Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Re: Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Game Thread)

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 am

The old brick building followed along commercial st, bending at roughly 45 degrees in the middle to follow the road. It stood 5 stories tall, small half windows along the ground implying it also had a basement. Though it was a brisk February day, the building seemed somehow even colder than the streets outside. There were four entrances on the front of the building, spaces for businesses and a door to the stairwell leading to the apartments higher up.

The first business had a sign reading Pink Rose Matchmaking Center. The sign was pretty garish, bright pink with a fairly cartoonish looking rose and a VHS tape that looked like it was drawn by a different artist. The sign on the door read closed, but there were still lights on inside.

Second was a laundromat and dry cleaners. The sign indicated that the coin-op machines were available 24/7, though the dry cleaning closed at 9. Two people could be seen in the windows reading magazines and waiting for their laundry.

The final business was dark with a 'this space for rent' sign hanging on the door.

Peering into the door to the apartments one could see from the mailboxes that there appear to be 15 in the building - 6 on each of the 3rd and 4th floors, and 3 on the 5th floor. 7 of the mailboxes had names on them, the rest were currently blank.

Scene Aspect: Otherworldly Chill

EDIT: Left the time a bit open ended, it's after lunch but before night.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Mariyta
'something' per Dan's request

Postby Mariyta » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Tessa bit her lip. The building looked a lot creepier than she was expecting. And her witchy senses were tingling. She peered into the windows of the Pink Rose Matchmaking Center, but didn't see anyone.

"Come on, Tess. You got this," she whispered to herself as she stepped up to the door. "It's just a ghost. No big deal. You've read about all there is to read about ghosts, remember? You're golden." She raised a shaking fist and knocked on the door.
All's fair in love and the apocalypse.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:40 pm

The drive there had been somewhat uneventful for him. He really wanted to bring up some things, but he could read the room well enough to tell she was a bit nervous over the situation.

While her face showed fear, his own was brimming with anticipation. Already this was better than whatever was going on at work.

"Just let me know what you need me to do, Tess. Consider me your Winston for this one."
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

Mariyta

Postby Mariyta » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:41 pm

"Don't you mean Watson?" Tess asked. "Just keep your eyes open for anything weird, anything that doesn't seem to fit or just...feels off, ya know?" She paused a moment. "And if you do see a ghost, do not try to touch it."

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:35 pm

"No, I mean Winston. He was the black Ghostbuster. I mean, I'm obviously not black, I mean, but he was the guy they hired off the street who didn't know anything, but still did the job." He nods, not really sure if Holmes ever dealt with ghost cases. Mostly since he never opened up the book before. He sighs in defeat, shaking his head "Suppose if you have to explain the joke..."

After listening to the instructions, he nods in earnest. "Got it, just point it out if I see eggs exploding or sinks and bathtubs filling with blood; no punching the ghost."

ImageImage

Mariyta

Postby Mariyta » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Tessa looked sidelong at Adam with a look of pure disgust on her face. "Bathtubs filling with blood? Yuck. Is that from the movie, too? I never really watched it all the way through. The premise is just too ridiculous. And books are always better."

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:25 pm

As the two stood conversing, eventuality a door opened in the back of the office and Candice emerged. "I'm glad both of you made it" she said, unlocking the door "I'm told one of my coworkers requested help as well... but she was a little fuzzy on details."

The front room was a waiting room, with a reception desk. There were five doors in the back, three marked 'Viewing room', one marked 'recording booth', and one with an 'employees only ' sign. Candice lead the pair through the employees only door, which lead upstairs where there was a break room as well as a few offices.

The break room contained three individuals, two women and a man. One woman looked pensive, and had short black hair. The other looked exhausted, with wavy brunette hair. The man had dark skin and a buzz cut, with a bored expression.

"These are my coworkers, Janet, Rachel, and Jacob." They all gave nods or waves. "Rachel seems to see the spirit most often, if you have any questions for her?" Jacob rolls his eyes at the word spirit.

Mariyta

Postby Mariyta » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Tessa nodded her head. "Nice to meet you all. Rachel, could you tell me a bit more about your interactions with the spirit?"

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:58 pm

He nods to the three of them, waving. "I'm Adam, this is my partner Tessa. Nice to meet you Janet, Rachel. Jacob." He nods at him, obviously the Doubting Thomas of the group. Not that he could blame him; he was in his very shoes no less than 6 months ago.

"Just want to ask some questions, do some checking on some things, and then if everything checks out, it can return back to business as usual for you." He sounded like a police officer; man this was getting cool!

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Rachel nodded and began "I first saw her a little over a week ago. I think I was the first one to see her, but I can't vouch for the people in the apartments above us..."

Janet cut in "I told you, the apartments have thresholds. A spirit can't pass through a threshold." Janet started nervously chewing on her thumbnail and repositioned herself so she could see out the window to the street below.

Rachel continued "Anyway, it's usually the same routine. The spirit is wandering around, notices me, then her eyes go wide and she rushes toward me with a knife. But then she just kind of... goes through me and disappears, I feel a wave of cold but no other ill effects. I see her about once a day, generally around sunset. It's almost always when I'm alone, usually in the storage room" She points to a door across the hall from the break room "But I have seen her downstairs twice. And she spooked off one of our customers, a guy here in the middle of recording a personal ad with us."

Jacob crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "I think you people have just watched Poltergeist one too many times."

Return to “Play By Post”