Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Game Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Re: Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Game Thread)

Postby Flession » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:15 am

"You said it, not me."

Not that he knew any wizards or magic casters. It was only Tessa that he knew with any mystical connection. That and that hobo in the old subway tunnel, but he wasn't much good for talking. His face looks over at the book flying over to the woman, nodding like was used to it and got to see it all the time. Acting like it was no big deal to impress the nice lady before looking back at Tessa.

It never got old watching her work her powers, almost as if she was a Jedi using the Force to move things around. She just needed John Williams playing something in the background to capture the moment completely.
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:35 am

Candice stared wide eyed at the floating book, and then back at Tessa. "So, yo... you're a wizard!" she stammered. She accepted the book from Tessa but looked a little disappointed with it. "Will this let me... exorcise the ghost? Is exorcise the right word? ...would we even be able to do that ourselves or do we need to hire someone?" She glances up at Adam and Tessa again. "Would we be able to hire you?"
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Mariyta
'something' per Dan's request

Postby Mariyta » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:08 am

Tessa laughed. "I'm a small time wizard, yes. I'm really only good at telekinesis, moving things with my mind. I wouldn't be able to help you get rid of the ghost, but I can put you in touch with someone who can." She paused a moment before adding, "I'd need to see her first though. So I can choose the right person, of course." Tessa's heart fluttered. For all her book smarts, she'd never actually seen a ghost. She couldn't pass this chance up.
All's fair in love and the apocalypse.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:28 pm

They needed a old priest and a young priest to help them with that. Unfortunately, he didn't really know any. Maybe a few Reverands, but they were on TV.

Still didn't mean he wasn't going to come help her, no way he wasn't going to miss a actual opportunity to check out a ghost.

"We'll certainly do what we can, miss."
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Candice breathed a sigh of relief. "That's so sweet of you. I'll call the girls and have a few more people who have seen her there to meet you. When do you get off work?" The three negotiated a meeting time and exchanged an address and Candice was off. When she was gone Adam and Tessa exchanged a glance and a smirk. Ghosts! This should prove interesting...

"Reports across Harlem today of sightings of wild Foxes. We would like to remind residents that though they may seem cute, Foxes are wild animals and if you see one you should call animal control on them immediately." The reporter on the TV behind the deli recited. She had immaculate hair and skin, features that belonged on a supermodel… and of course most of the customers in the deli were aware that she was red court vampire. "In other news, the Palace Theater debuts the new musical RENT next week…"

The deli was fairly busy for it's lunchtime rush. Being the only deli in town that caters to the supernatural will do that. And Dana's Deli had amazing sandwiches to boot, plus the fact that the place is accords neutral ground acted as a great deterrent from ending up with a knife in your back from some paranormal political dispute, so folks could actually relax for a bit.

"That's some fine work you did on the Roadking, Liam." The rotund man managed in between the final bites of his sandwich. "Shame you couldn't get your wards to work on something a bit sportier though. I'd love to cruise around in Lamborghini or something."

Across from the man sat another, short but very broad in the shoulders, with a big bushy black beard. The man had a somewhat unconventional look to him, a very asymmetrical face, but somehow it gave off an air of being unique rather than ugly.

"Well you know how it is," Liam said "you have powers that mere mortal men could not fathom, but you have to drive around in an old Junker. On the whole, I'd say that tradeoff is stacked in your favor."

The larger man gave a curt laugh. "I suppose you're right. Anyway, lunch is on me, but I really must be going." He threw a few bills onto the table. " Counsel meeting. So I get to listen to the Merlin drone on about tiny political hiccups for three hours, can't wait." He gave another short laugh and walked out.

Liam was just about to get up when he overheard a snippet of conversation from across the Deli that peaked his interest, he decided to listen in….

"From what I understand, the spirit has started attacking people darling." The woman was stunningly gorgeous, with deep ocher skin, features that seemed almost sculpted they were so perfect, and a long golden dress completely covered in intricately stitched patterns. She had two visible tattoos, a white seashell on her neck and a golden apple on her left forearm. "Which is why we need you. Most of my followers are more… concept people. You're more of an action person. Also, aren't you going to eat? You'll need your strength, love."

The man sitting across from her – Morgan - did not look amused by her flirty nicknames. He seemed to be of Polynesian descent, with shoulder length black hair, brown eyes, and his top left canine tooth being more pronounced than the others. His features weren't hideous by any measure, but by sitting across from such a beautiful woman they seemed almost exaggeratedly unattractive by comparison. He was dressed mostly in black, with a leather jacket and jeans.

There was a paper bag sitting on the table, which Morgan tapped in annoyance. "I got my lunch to go. Just tell me where I'm going so I can get to it."

The woman's face curled into a sly smile. "Now now, we can't have your pretty little head just rushing into the danger without the facts. Sit, eat, drink in the experience. You know what some men would give for a lunch with me?" She gave a full bodied laugh, and Morgan could tell he was going to be here a while...

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:05 pm

Morgan leaned back in his chair and looked away from his lunch companion. "Yeah well, people aught to be careful what they wish for. You chew 'em up and spit 'em out." Morgan reached out his hand and opened his can of cherry coke and took a sip.

"There, happy?" Morgan didn't wait for a response "I don't know why you need a locksmith for a ghost problem. Don't you have some priests handy that could take care of it for you?"
Check out my wife's book

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:50 am

The woman flashed a smile. "A locksmith? I suppose that's one word for it." she took a sip from her drink, leaving a ring of golden lipstick on the straw. "Yes, if I simply wanted the ghost dealt with the power of faith would be a very effective way to do that. But I want to know why the ghost showed up at all, love. You have a certain... knack for getting into places where others might not want you to be. I think those skills might be necessary if we are to determine why a spirit seems to have randomly appeared when there have been no recent deaths in the building."

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am

"So you need me to sneak in and find what; Some evidence of a séance? and then what, report it back to you?" Morgan asked.
Check out my wife's book

Johann
Host

Postby Johann » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 am

Liam, a shorter than average man with an overly full beard and a rolling, bowlegged stride, goes to the counter to get a turkey and cheese and a coke. He returns to his table and continues his meal.

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:37 pm

The woman glanced up at the man approaching the counter and gave him a wink. Turning back to the man she is seated with she replied "That's about the size of it yes. Something is responsible for this spirits appearance and I'd like to know what."

Morgan continued to look unamused. "Why all the secrecy? If you have followers in the building, can't you send someone through the front door?" he asks.

"It's a big building darling. My followers have an office there, but there are a few other offices, as well as apartments above them. You should have free access to the areas my followers can go to, but if the ritual was carried out in someone's apartment, well I don't exactly have the keys to everyone's door." The woman finished the last bite of her lunch. She ate so gracefully and fluidly that one barely noticed she was eating during the conversation, despite having been the one carrying most of it. Meanwhile her companion had not yet removed his lunch from it's bag.

"Why do you care?" Morgan was blunt and to the point, as always.

"Because I have followers in the building, love. I do care about each and every one of my pretty little followers." She gave a sly smile. "That includes you, even if you don't like to count yourself amount the number. But, of course, there's also the thought that this could possibly be specifically targeting my followers. I may be a goddess of love, but there does seem to be a lot of hate in the world sometimes..." She looks briefly sad for a moment before continuing. "I don't have the information yet, which is why I'm sending you to gather it."

"Is there a rush on this or can I take my time and blend in? Maybe get hired on as a janitor for the building?"

The woman sits back and thinks for a second. "I suppose that depends on how active this spirit is. I've only heard reports of it attacking one person so far, though it has spooked my followers several times over the past week. If there are more attacks, well that certainly shortens the timeline. If the spirit seems content with just being passive, feel free to take your time and do things right."

"So, are you done being coy yet? Will you tell me where the building is?"

She sighed. "You know, some days I feel like you don't enjoy my company." She gave a smile. Then passed on the address of a building in Brooklyn, on Commercial Street.

Return to “Play By Post”