Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Discussion Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Re: Sour Apple (Dresden RPG, Discussion Thread)

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Everyone should have their PMs now. Just make any corrections and get them back to me, a couple people need to finish up their aspects and we can start.

Also, Mariyta - if you're going to stick with Telekinesis did you look at the Channeling power? It's basically 'can spellcast but only one thing', so you could take Channeling (Telekinesis) and then we'd have rules from the book to go off instead of a made up thing.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Mariyta
'something' per Dan's request

Postby Mariyta » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:58 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:Everyone should have their PMs now. Just make any corrections and get them back to me, a couple people need to finish up their aspects and we can start.

Also, Mariyta - if you're going to stick with Telekinesis did you look at the Channeling power? It's basically 'can spellcast but only one thing', so you could take Channeling (Telekinesis) and then we'd have rules from the book to go off instead of a made up thing.

Sounds good to me
All's fair in love and the apocalypse.

Johann
Host

Postby Johann » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 am

Liam Smith

Template -- Changeling / Goblin
High Concept -- Knight of Mortality
Trouble -- Cares about mortals
Where did you come from -- Abandoned and raised in fosterage, Liam grew intolerant of bullies, both adult and child. Stronger and tougher than other children, he would often protect those too weak to protect themselves, which generally led to problems for him. As a result, he never stayed long in one family or institution.
Aspect -- "I hate bullies"
Rising conflict -- As an adolescent, he was first introduced the the fey and his true parentage. He was not impressed. His father, a callous and brutal wild fey, provided him with his first impression of the supernatural.
Aspect -- "A kind word and cold iron will get you farther"
First Adventure -- A customer's brother is in the hospital, and his condition is worsening. The doctors don't know why, and it's happening to others. The source of the problem turns out to be a phage feeding on weakened humans from the Nevernever. A few modifications to the hammer later, to help with non-fey, Liam goes to the hospital to do battle. One of the doctors at the hospital is strangely perceptive, and helps Liam find an out of the way spot to cross over and even runs interference to keep him undisturbed from the mortal side while the threat is dealt with.
Aspect: "Every problem looks like a nail."
Guest Starring -- ???
Aspect: "Yeah, that'll buff out."
Guest Starring Redux -- ???
Aspect: "That'll go great in my collection"

Weapons 4
Lore 4
Craftsmanship 3
Athletics 3
Might 2
Resources 2
Conviction 2
Contacts 1
Discipline 1
Endurance 1
Alertness 1
Empathy 1

Stunts / Powers
Ritual (Crafting) (-2)
Refinement (Extra slots) (-1)
Weapon: Wall of Death (-1)

Enchanted Items:
Anvil: Focus (Extra Frequency)
Hammer: Force blast +4 3/day
Steel Bracer: Earth evocation (Gravity manipulation) +4 3/day
Open Potion Slots x2

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm

So, just so everyone's on the same page these are the thing I'm waiting on to start:

• Flession's Character Adam needs 1 more Aspect.
  • Fallout_Monkey's character Morgan needs 4 more aspects.
  • Waiting on a PM from Fridrik about his intro.

Johann and Mariyta seem to be squared away. Honestly, I could just start when we get Flession's last aspect, since the first scene will be him and Mariyta.

Pinging those three players so they're aware:

Flession wrote:
Fridrik wrote:
Fallout_Monkey wrote:

EDIT: I'm fine with dropping the guest starring part and just filling in aspects, since it'll go faster.
Last edited by DistinctlyBenign on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 pm

If no one else wants to hang with the pizza driver, that's fine; I'll make a aspect up shortly.
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: Dresden Files setup discussion (full up)

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:21 am

Finished Aspects

Morgan

Emissary of Power
High Concept: Tricked into being an Erote
Trouble: "It wants to be taken"
Aspects: Aphrodite's "Gift" (Cassandra's Tears), Tumblers In the Blood, Competitive Freerunner, Ladies First, Nobody else for the Job but Me

Skills:

4 Burglary
3 Deceit, Stealth
2 Alertness, Athletics, Endurance*, Investigation, Resources
1 Conviction*, Driving, Fists, Presence*, Weapons
0 Contacts, Discipline, Empathy, Guns, Intimidation, Lore, Might, Performance, Rapport, Scholarship, Survival

Stunts and Powers
Addictive Saliva [–1]
Marked by Power [–1]
Cassandra’s Tears [–0]
Incite Emotion [–1] (Desire)
Holy Touch [–1]
Righteousness [–2]

Stress:
Physical OOO
Mental OOO
Social OOO

Refresh 1

Basic Background Points:
-Morgan was a thief
-He stole something from Aphrodite in return she tricked him into becoming one of her Erotes

Where Did You Come From:
My parents are immigrants from New Zealand. My dad, a locksmith and safe expert, taught me everything about his business in the hopes that I would take it over one day.
Aspect: Tumblers in the blood

What Shaped You:
As a teen I got into fights too often. My parents wanted to find a non-violent outlet for me and signed me up for Parkour classes. I took to it like a duck to water. I still compete in Freerunning events
Aspect: Competitive Freerunner

First Adventure:
It was my first errand for Aphrodite. She wanted me to steal a box she claimed was hers that was on display at the Brooklyn Museum. During the job the box got destroyed(possibly due the actions of one of the other players) releasing some sort of glowing light into the world. The goddess was pissed and gave me the "gift" of prophetic vision's of romantic relationships of the people I meet and the "curse" of no believing me about them.
Aspect: Aphrodite's "Gift"
Check out my wife's book

DistinctlyBenign

Re: Dresden Files setup discussion (full up)

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:10 am

Looks good. :thumbup:

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:12 am

Adam Smith

Aspects
HIGH CONCEPT
Pizza Delivery Boy
After stumbling across the Supernatural by accident, Adam seems to want to get involved, more out of boredom out of the mundane.
TROUBLE
Running in the '90s
Adam likes things fast. His car is a powerhouse and he tends to enjoy pushing its limits in city limits (when traffic allows). He has a few speeding tickets along the way, and tends to be a bit more eager to run into danger than most, relying on his boxing skill to take care of his problems.

OTHER ASPECTS
Don't Stop The Music
As a young kid, he was often considered a coward and fearful of the world. Until he signed up for boxing, he gained a newfound confidence in himself. After that, he began to take life in a new direction and started living.
West End Guy
Born and raised in the Upper End of NYC, he knows how to handle the finer points of his life. His parents being something to do busybodies, they had high hopes for him in his academic career until he took a more athletic aspect. Still, he's been plenty resourceful and knows the ropes if he has to use them.
Remember Me
How he got involved with all this involved meeting a girl outside of a old abandoned sewer. Curious, he followed her down to the an old subway station and witnessing an attempt to cross over to the Nevernever, (though he doesn't have the slightest clue as to what he witnessed). Ever since then, he continues to bug the girl to learn more about all this, promising to keep his mouth shut if she continues to sate his curiosity.
Help Me To Say Goodbye
Delivered a pizza one night to a strange drunk and after a few minutes of dealing with whatever issues he was feeling, he offered me a $50 tip for hearing him out and told me to spend it on my girlfriend since she wasn't going to be around long after that. 2 weeks later, he found her sleeping with one of his friends. He's on the long road of recovery to trust another woman again like that, but he's making his way down it nonetheless.
Back on the Rocks

Skills:
Great (+4)
Driving
Good (+3)
Fists, Investigation
Fair (+2)
Alertness, Athletics, Endurance, Resources
Average (+1)
Burglary, Contacts, Conviction, Presence, Rapport, Scholarship, Stealth

Stunts & Powers

+2 Pure Mortal
Increase your starting refresh by 2 before taking any mortal stunts.

-1 Footwork
You’re fast on your feet and have been in enough fistfights to know how to make yourself a hard target. You may use Fists to dodge attacks instead of Athletics, in all the circumstances where Athletics might apply (page 121).

-1 Lethal Weapon
Your hands are lethal weapons. When using Fists to strike an unarmored opponent you are considered to have Weapon:2 and against opponents with Armor:1, your Fists attacks are Weapon:1. There is no benefit against more heavily armored opponents.

-1 Too Fast to Hit
When making a full defense (page 199), gain an additional +1 to the roll (for a total of +3) if you also take a supplemental action to move one zone. You do not take the usual –1 penalty for the supplemental action.

-1 Shake the Tail
When you are the one being followed in a car-chase, you have a real talent for sudden turns and daring maneuvers to shake off your pursuers. Gain a +2 to Driving in such a case.

-1 Tough Stuff
The stuff of blunt trauma—fists, sticks, and stones—pose little trouble for you. Against such things, you have a natural Armor:1 (which stacks with other forms of protection). This does not apply to things like blades, bullets, and burns, but it makes you a beast in a burly brawl.

-1 Quick Eye
When examining a location for clues, your eye is quick to pick out the visual details. Your first Investigation roll to determine deeper details about a scene is two time increments (page 315) faster than usual.

Stress:
Physical OOOO
Mental OOO
Social OOO

Refresh 3
Last edited by Flession on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Alright cool. I'll probably start the game tomorrow night. :thumbup:

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Game is up!

As a note, we're using Orokos for dice rolls. Sour Apple seems to be... relatively unused as a campaign name. There's one roll from a Shadowrun game with that name in 2015, so we can probably just ignore that and use it.

EDIT: Still have not gotten a PM from Fridrik, so if we get through the first intro scene before I get that I'll skip his for now and move on to the one for Liam and Morgan.

Return to “Play By Post”