Shadowrun PbP setup discussion.

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Magmoo
Couponing Champion

Re: Shadowrun PbP setup discussion.

Postby Magmoo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 am

Waiting on Johann to finish up and express his preferences. After that I'm going to do a summation and representation of what we've decided on as well as a little story about the university to set the tone. This should hopefully put us all one the same page though I welcome calls to tweak things. After that we will officially start. I will create an In Character thread with a starting prompt and rename this thread to the Out of Character thread.

Remind me, have I discussed an experience/leveling system with you all yet?
"Bureaucracy is far more effective when everyone's dead, you know." TEMPORAL CORRECTOR ZERO - Romantically Apocalyptic

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Magmoo wrote:Remind me, have I discussed an experience/leveling system with you all yet?

Nope.
So Many Idiots, So Little Ammo...

ImageImage

Magmoo
Couponing Champion

Postby Magmoo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:53 am

So what I'm thinking is because we won't have natural session breaks we need some other milestone marker. So a goal system should fit our need. There will be both group and personal goals. When ever something significant is achieved for the group everyone gets a point to spend. For personal goals, whenever a significant personal goal is achieved or a major character incident takes place then that player gets a point to spend. Think the kind of events that could justify writing or changing an aspect. However once a player has gained a point from a personal event they cannot gain another personal event point until every other player has also done so. There is no limit on the rate of group goals except play itself. Goals do not have to be expressly stated in advance but if they are not there should be a rough consensus on whether something was a goal event with the GM giving a final ruling if necessary.

Point costs for upgrades are as follows. An additional aspect and fate pool point can be purchased for 5 xp points. A new aspect or an additional fate point costs 3 each. A stunt point costs 2 xp points. To raise or purchase a new skill a number of xp equal to the next level up must be paid. 1 for level 1. 2 for 2 and so on. You cannot level more than one skill level at one time and at least one major milestone has to take place between all upgrade purchases.

Thoughts? Potential problems?
Last edited by Magmoo on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bureaucracy is far more effective when everyone's dead, you know." TEMPORAL CORRECTOR ZERO - Romantically Apocalyptic

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 am

Sounds good to me. :thumbup:
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:35 pm

That'll work.

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:38 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:
Magmoo wrote:I'd also like everyone to speak to the kind jobs/things their character is willing and conversely not willing to do.

I think Kaitlynn is pretty okay with anything up to and including theft and breaking and entering, but would shy away from violent crime, as that's what lead to the death of her parents. That said, she's not above defending herself when attacked, she grew up on the streets. She just doesn't want to be the aggressor.

I've been thinking on this and as an additional point, I think Kaitlynn would be hesitant to do anything that would piss of Ares. Like, obviously, no one wants to get the attention of any of the big 10, but since they're literally putting her through college she wouldn't want to do anything that could jeopardize that.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:I've been thinking on this and as an additional point, I think Kaitlynn would be hesitant to do anything that would piss of Ares. Like, obviously, no one wants to get the attention of any of the big 10, but since they're literally putting her through college she wouldn't want to do anything that could jeopardize that.

I, for one, can get behind not wanting to have the Knight Errants on my ass.

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 am

Flession wrote:
Magmoo wrote:Whatever people prefer. Given that it will be a roll-lite game I'm even fine with the honor system but if people know a good online tool that is easy to cut and paste the results to the forum then we can use that.

Orokos would do the trick, then, if that's what you are looking for.

Just a display: 4dF 2

Did we ever reach a consensus on this? I mean I'm cool with whatever, just figured that's something that could use a bit of clarification before we actually start.

Flession
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Flession » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 am

I think Magmoo left it up to our own prefs.

If you want, I can explain how to use Orokos. It's fairly easy, really.

ImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Pinging Johann.

Johann wrote:

His last post here was 2 & 1/2 weeks ago, maybe he forgot about the game?

Return to “Play By Post”