Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Appollyon
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Re: Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

Postby Appollyon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:54 pm

"That was for Kyle you rotten bastard!" Thael spits right before Hengis ends him. She takes a couple of heartbeats before turning to Hengis.

"I would leave now. Just in case there is any of our men who are wounded and could use your aid. We can explore later. You found it once, you can find it again." She looks at the body, "Do you want to take it with us?"

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Hengis listens for a few moments to the sounds coming from distant corridors... :think:

"Well, there's clearly some fightin' still gaein' on doon here, but I'd wager it's between two different sets of our enemies, sae I'm content tae leave them tae it if ye want tae gae back up tae find the others."

"They're all still alive, though, lassie. I picked up signs from Sven, Qadir and Kyle while I was lookin' fer this one. The Jarl and most of the mercenaries too, far as I could tell. There's a few enemy soldiers up there, but I reckon they'll most likely have lost the taste fer resistance. We can make sure though."

He picks up the dunmer's body in one huge hand, lays the other gently upon Thael's shoulder, and casts a Teleport to take them back to the place they were a few moments ago.

Then he'll do the Detect Magic and search of the dunmer.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

goatunit
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby goatunit » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:18 am

Dunmer's Gear wrote:*Full Plate
*Belt
*Cape
*Pouch
*Ring x2
*Greatsword

Daedra Worshipers wrote:*Chainmail x2
*Potion x2
*Heavy Steel Shield x2
*Longsword x2
600 Septims between them.

While looking over the dunmer's things, Hengis turns up a pouch of gems which he tosses to Svendr. The bard has a look inside and estimates the collection might be worth as much as 20,000 septims.

Additionally, a worn and yellowed journal is discovered, stamped with the symbol of Boethiah and held closed by a bit of yarn that loops over a button sewn to the front cover. The book or something within is also magical.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:51 am

Upon arriving back at the site of the sword, Thael and Hengis are reunited with the rest of their merry band, and there is much hugging and relief that we all appear to have come through this in one piece. :D

Two of Hengis' hounds come bounding up excitedly, with the third following along behind looking weak and limping badly. Hengis takes a few moments to ruffle their neck fur and call them all "GUID BOYS", and to heal the injured dog with a Cure Serious Wounds (3d8+12).

Once the loot is collected and added to the haul (I've updated the list in OOC), Hengis takes charge of the journal, saying: "I WOULDNAE BE SURPRISED IF THIS IS TRAPPED IN SOME WAY. I'LL TAKE SOME PRECAUTIONS BEFORE LOOKIN' INSIDE IT." He puts it away in his backpack for now.

Then, standing tall (very tall) and looking around the pile of rubble that was the tower, he calls out to the few people that can be seen picking their way through the devastation.

"THE KEEP IS FALLEN AND THE DRAGON BROUGHT DOON. FALKREATH IS FREE O' THE EMPIRE'S YOKE. YE MEN O' THE LEGION... THROW DOON YER ARMS AND SURRENDER AND YE'LL BE TREATED WI' DIGNITY AS PRISONERS O' WAR. FIGHT ON AND YE'LL MEET THE SAME FATE AS ALL THOSE LYIN' AROOND AT YER FEET." :eh:

He casts a steely gaze around, defying anyone to come and face him.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:57 am

Kyle picks up the dunmer's greatsword and gives it a few practice swings to guage its weight and balance.

"This thing took me down easily enough," he says. "It could serve as a decent replacement for Mistiltein until I find it again." :D

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:28 pm

I've just gone back over the events since Hengis cast his last load of buffing spells and, even with a generous interpretation of the time spent on conversation and mind-scanning, it looks like those spells will be running out about now. With a stricter interpretation I think they will have run out around the time of the return teleport, which would of course change his appearance for that last speech.

Hengis returns to his normal height and stature (and will stop talking in capitals).

Appollyon
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Appollyon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Not seeing any step forward Thaelestra throws a big hug around Kyle.

"I thought..." She didn't finish but did break the embrace, clapping him on the shoulder with a relieved smile on her face. "Shoulda known ye were too dense to stay dead." With a nervous laugh she put together the situation.

"Is the storm still approaching?" She asked, scrambling herself to try and get a higher vantage point to see.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:05 am

Kyle reddens a little at the embrace, remembering Boethiah's taunts, but he bluffs it out. :oops:

"I think I'm too dense to realise I was dead. I have Sven to thank for saving me. He pulled me out and healed me." :D

The big man gives the bard a friendly slap on the back that almost knocks him over.

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby sbonner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 am

Svendr pratfalls forward as if knocked for a loop, and comes up grinning. He figures a moment of laughter will help everyone shake off the tension of fighting the dunmer and defying a god-demon.
This is what happens when you let nerds go unwedgied for too long. - Goatunit
FTB on Google+

goatunit
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby goatunit » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Cheers go up from those rebels nearest the party, and are echoed from other clumps farther off in the town. Citizens begin to emerge timidly from their homes. Although some light skirmishing continues for several minutes, most legion soldiers still alive on the surface take Hengis up on his offer. After other captives are brought in by revolutionaries and mercenaries, a brief headcount numbers them at 44 legion soldiers, three officers, and 60 mercenaries. All signs point toward the vast majority of enemy mercenaries having fled.

As for those beneath the surface, the noises Hengis and Thael heard down there indicate that they aren't faring much better. If you're curious to make certain though, there's likely some means of access in the former throne room (from which the old jarl and the guards he was appointed are now emerging) as that seems to be how the dunmer made his way down.

(Hengis healed his dog 26 hp.)

Return to “Play By Post”