Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 am

Appollyon wrote:Oh crap, yeah and if rage is down she'd be fatigued for an equal amount of time. Don't have the stats for that handy either. Sort of up to GU about how long and if the RP overrides the rules in this case. Ok with however you see the narrative.

If she is visibly fatigued then Hengis will use one of his scrolls of Lesser Restoration to restore her before we teleport. I'm not taking Thael to fight that beast impaired.
"...with frikin' lasers!"

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby sbonner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:42 am

Lord Foul wrote:[color=#00BFFF]
He steps carefully over the rubble in the direction of the glowing sword. If nobody stops him he'll pick it up and admire it, perhaps give it a few practice swings to guage its weight and balance...

Svendr is also caught by the sword. When Kyle starts walking that way instead of toward where we think the Jarl might be, Svendr will follow along like his shadow. Within 20 feet, Svendr exhales heavily and mutters to himself, "...with all the weight of the firmament..."

But, when he sees Kyle move to pick up the sword, Svendr snaps out of it. "Hold on, Kyle. A creation like that may have a mind of it's own, and may take yours with it. We've seen what happens when a person loses possession of their will, and you would be...unstoppable, perhaps, with that controlling you."

Svendr puts one arm on Kyle's shoulder. "I think we should take it, not leave it out, but you should pick it up without touching it. Like, push it into a box or something, I don't know. And pray to Mara to keep your mind about you. No offense, but it's not meant for the likes of us. It's for Hengis, if it's for anyone."

Almost as if an afterthought, "If we can't find a box, I could pick it up. Mara knows I'd be easy enough to take it away from. Might make for a good tale - the man who seized Goldbrand and then tossed it aside."
This is what happens when you let nerds go unwedgied for too long. - Goatunit
FTB on Google+

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:47 am

Kyle pauses at Svendr's intervention. He feels a sudden pang of jealousy... the bard is trying to take what is rightfully yours... but he pushes the thought aside once more... :problem:

"You may be right. I... I've been having these strange thoughts... like they're not my own... I don't know if they're coming from the sword, but I don't like them. They want me to do... bad things..."

"You take it, Sven. If you go mad I'll try to put you down gently." :)

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby sbonner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:45 pm

"Right." Svendr looks a bit wild-eyed for a second, but holds it in. He looks around for something to carry the sword in, and finds someone else's boiled leather or quilted armor or a stick to push it into the container with. If nothing is ready to hand, he'll express his regret, make a quip about Kyle keeping his sword handy, and pick the damn thing up.

Svendr is actively resisting the siren song of the sword. But, honestly, he won't be too put out if he fails. It'll make a great fucking story, someday.
FTB on Google+

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby keithcurtis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Unseen by all, Qadir is surprised to find that he has been invisibly drifting closer to the sword. Kyle and Svendr's words suddenly snap him out of whatever fugue he might have been in. He takes a deep breath and reminds himself of his earlier opinion of gods. It is best to fall beneath their notice. As flies to wanton boys...

He descends to the ground, becomes visible and makes a show of patting the worst of the dust from his clothing. He glances over at Kyle and Svendr. He considers for a moment and then confesses, "I too heard the lure of the weapon. And lure is the right word. It is bait for a trap."

He digs in his bag of holding for some of his costume pieces and pulls out a light cloak. "Wrap it in this, lest you be tempted." He considers again, and offers with visible reluctance, "If it must be removed if only to keep it from others, perhaps in this space outside of normal space and time?" He points at the deceptively large interior of the bag.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Kyle starts when Qadir appears nearby, his hand moving instinctively to his sword hilt. But he relaxes when he recognises the familiar figure.

"It has no scabbard. Something that sharp could easily tear through your bag if not protected."

He removes the scabbard that usually holds his own blade, Mistiltein.

"Maybe try this," he offers. "It is a little larger, I think, but should accommodate the curve of Goldbrand's blade."

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby sbonner » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Svendr grabs the cloak and the hilt and sheathes the sword.

I'll pause here in case anything happens when he uses the cloak to pick up the sword.
FTB on Google+

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 am

I don't want to be presumptuous in the narrative, but I'll just note that Hengis' three shadow mastiffs are also still around in the vicinity. Of course, being shadow mastiffs they are innately difficult to spot, but with this dust cloud they are likely to be suffering from itchy noses at the very least.

Kyle has minded the dogs before now, so I wouldn't expect them to give him any trouble. One of them was already very badly injured (on 1 HP) and may not have made it, but the other two are unharmed.

goatunit
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby goatunit » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I don't want to be presumptuous in the narrative, but I'll just note that Hengis' three shadow mastiffs are also still around in the vicinity. Of course, being shadow mastiffs they are innately difficult to spot, but with this dust cloud they are likely to be suffering from itchy noses at the very least.

Kyle has minded the dogs before now, so I wouldn't expect them to give him any trouble. One of them was already very badly injured (on 1 HP) and may not have made it, but the other two are unharmed.

Oh, right! In that case, it's also worth noting how incredibly fetchable the big golden stick is. Wowee! A fella could get him a lot of praise for turning up with that thing. Might even be granted the esteemed title of "Good Boy."

The blade is retrieved as described with no immediate ill effect. Once placed into the bag, the tingling thoughts cease--though of course their logic may remain.

Down in the dark of the earth, the sounds of screaming and fighting in distant corridors hardly distracts from the task at hand.

Given the narrative significance of the moment and Thael's well-played fury upon seeing what the Dunmer did to Kyle, I'll rule that despite having calmed somewhat in the moment, Thael's rage returns upon coming face-to-face with the elf again.

Thael's usual grace and cleverness are nowhere to be seen in her first thrust, replaced by a fury that threatens to shatter her delicate weapon against the dunmer's breastplate. Fortunately, her speed alone suffices to exploit the dunmer's surprise (18 dmg). The second thrust is accurate enough (15 dmg), but she's more a furious butcher than the dervish of death that D’avani taught her to be.

Oh, but there it is! A whip of her rapier draws a line of red as fine as calligraphy across the dunmer's face, sundering his top lip, slicing his left nostril, and splitting his left eye in two (crit - 46 dmg).

The dunmer falls back, barely catching himself on the soft earthen wall. For a moment you think he might beg for his life, but when his mouth opens there's only blood and dunmeri curses pour out. Of course, the ratio of blood to curses is quickly and irrevocably modified when his larynx is pierced by the needle tip of Thael's blade (crit - 39 dmg).

As he slides down to the floor, his eyes dart to Hengis and he mouths breathlessly some few words. "Faith" and "brother" stand out among them.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Hengis is pretty short on faith and brotherhood right now. He moves forward, still crouching low in the confined space of the tunnel, and gives his 'brother' a two-handed smash in the head with Gavel just to make absolutely sure he won't be getting up again.

"Nice work, lass," he says. "Noo, let's see if he has anything o' value aboot him."

He'll cast a Detect Magic and rifle the body for anything that shows up or otherwise appears of value, including spell books, jewellery and money, and any documents. Once that's done he says:

"Shall we gae back the way we came in, or d'ye want tae follow this tunnel tae see where it comes oot?" :D

Return to “Play By Post”