Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
goatunit
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

Postby goatunit » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Fredas, 1st of Morningstar

The dungeons of Plautis Carvain are cold, even by Nord standards. The common cell seems wreathed in a haunting fog from the sight of your fellow prisoners' breath hanging constantly in the chill, humid air. There are no windows to the outside, but you expect it must be shortly after midnight from the muffled celebratory sounds that echo down from the keep's Great Hall overhead.

A dour Nord in a single-occupant cell across the corridor moans bitterly about missing the New Life Festival.

"Who e'er heard of a drunk tank on New Life Day?" he howls. He'll be released tomorrow. He's one of the lucky ones. You doubt you'll be as fortunate.

Earlier today, the young Count Carvain came to inspect his dungeon. He couldn't be a day over twelve, and already he shows a cruel streak. He seemed convinced that there was a secret torture room down here, but swiftly grew bored at pushing bricks in the wall nearby and retreated to his plush comforts.

You look around at the faces of your fellow prisoners, curious what evils or bad luck landed them in this frying pan.

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Re: Elder Scrolls: The Final Scroll (IC)

Postby sbonner » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:29 am

I look across at the drunk. "You'd do best to keep hush, friend. You'll walk out of here tomorrow, but not if you catch the eye of that little Count. If he has his fun with you, you won't be going anywhere."

I look at the others in our cells. "I wonder how many of us will make it out."

I will sit a while, then start humming a tune to pass the time. If no one objects, I'll quietly sing the song that goes with it. It's a traditional highwayman's song, about a dashing rogue getting caught, sentenced to death, and lamenting that he'll not see his love again. In a curious twist of the song, it continues in the rogue's voice as it describes the night in the cell, being led out at dawn to the gallows, seeing his love that one last time across the crowd, and then ending abruptly -- presumably when the noose is wrung.

I stifle a sly grin after the song is done.

This is what happens when you let nerds go unwedgied for too long. - Goatunit
FTB on Google+

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:22 am

"I see ye're an optimist," says a tall man sitting in the far corner of the cell, his long blond hair straggly and unkempt.

"I dinnae recall those last verses o' that song. Are ye expecting to swing for yer crimes?"
"...with frikin' lasers!"

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby sbonner » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am

"Who can guess what a man might swing for here. I stole food. Might be worth it if I could have eaten it before they caught me."

"I am Svendr Soldin. I've been on the road since the mess at Markarth, and I've discovered I'm not so good at living off the wilds. The bears won't pay me for singing. Apparently I'm not so good at stealing, either."
FTB on Google+

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 am

"Seems they'll hang a man for most anything these days," replies the blond man with a scowl.

"Name's Hengis, Hengis of Scone. You were at Markarth too then? Bad business." He shakes his head sadly.

"If we should find a way out of here I'll show ye how to catch food. A man shouldn'e go hungry, even when he cannae rely on his lords and masters to put food on the table."
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Kai Gaiden
The Baron's Body Double

Postby Kai Gaiden » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

The Dunmer thrashed on his lumpy cot. Between the bitter cold, the scratchy and too-short wool blanket, and some outlander in the cell had decided it was a good time to hum, he found sleep elusive.
Last edited by Kai Gaiden on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vidya gaming entertainment!
http://www.youtube.com/memoocan

"Now the boxes are doing it!" -Chad

D3M410
Myopic Sycophant

Postby D3M410 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm

An attractive female, definitely human, but with just a hint of elfishness, looks upon her fellow captives. She keeps her face a blank mask, unwilling to show pity or weakness.

"Which side, if any of 'em were you on in the whole Markarth hub-bub?" she speaks in a sharp hushed tone.
Been out of the world for a spell... like to walk it a while.

sbonner
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby sbonner » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 pm

"I'm a Nord, aren't I? Ulfric certainly cleaned that mess up."

Svendr stands up, stretches. He groans and holds his back a moment, then shuffles around, getting the blood working a little. He takes a long look at the door, at it's lock, and listens outside it. "Wish I knew how to work one of these things," he says, motioning to the lock.
FTB on Google+

D3M410
Myopic Sycophant

Postby D3M410 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Bryg's face twitches slightly at the mention of Ulfric.

"Well, the locks here are fairly secure. But really, it's just a matter of patience and the right tools. I currently have neither. My name's Bryg by the way."
Been out of the world for a spell... like to walk it a while.

goatunit
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby goatunit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Thin shafts of light penetrate the planks of the ceiling, interrupted on occasion by some passing nobleman or servant on his way to or from the Great Hall. In a still moment as the minstrels break for drinks, you can make out the voices of kitchen staff as they gossip.

"...never thought I'd see the day!" a woman moans with clear bitterness. "The scandal of it! They can show all the writs and badges they want, but I won't never believe those Thalmor are here on the Emperor's orders!"

A more reserved male voice answers, "These are strange times, Holji. They go where they like - we've heard as much."

"That's as may be, but we've got nothing for them," the woman responds. "I wouldn't want to have nothing to bring them around."

"Don't worry," the man coes back. "That legion man with them, he bore the badge of a Tesserarius. He saw combat, I'm sure. There's no way he'd roll over if they pulled some stunt."

The music resumes before you can hear the rest of the conversation.

Return to “Play By Post”