Ashen Shores (IC Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Clear Ix
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

Re: Ashen Shores (IC Thread)

Postby Clear Ix » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:40 am

"Protector Hamish, I'll get right to it. The good lady and I plan on posing as poppy addicts, we need something that will simulate some of the physical symptoms without actually causing addiction. We'd need a range going from mild to high levels of withdrawal and from mild to high levels of intoxication. Ideally, this could be done without needing a counter agent to reverse symptoms. Some effects we've noticed are extremes in eye dilation and constriction, sweating . . . I'm sure you could think of other effects since you've likely had to deal with helping some of these folks.
"If it is easier to replicate these symptoms in a human than on a halfling, I can occupy myself with other matters while my colleague poses as an addict. Or, we could both play the part. Devia, what are your thoughts?"

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:38 pm

The druid listens carefully, then turns and begins going through all his nicknacks around the room. "I believe I can help with these." He hands Marlin a small glass bottle with a dropper. (Note: this is drawn by mouth through a glass dropper) "Apply 1-2 drops of this in each eye for dilation. It will last for an hour or two, and it will make your eyes sensitive to light, but it will leave you clearheaded."

He grinds up some herbs and other unidentifiable dried things in a mortar, then puts them into a small bag and hands it over. "This is a powder that will make you sweat. Simply take a pinch and eat it about ten minutes before you need to sweat. These supplements should make you uncomfortable, but will leave you with a full range of motion and thought." He pauses, then adds, "The powder might make you a little itchy about an hour in. It lasts around two hours."

Devia adds: "Do you have anything that might pass for drugs made from the poppy? We could always make our giant friend here pose as a drug dealer." She points to Sterling.

The druid shakes his head. "That material is rather unique, and stand-ins are rather easy to spot by anyone who knows their craft. I suspect the best way to go is to use the real material and be careful with it."

Devia smiles. "We can always buy a big barrel of the stuff!" The druid does not seem amused.

"Can I help you with anything else?" Protector Hamish asks.

Anybody want anything? Poultices? Draughts to make you stay awake all night? Now is the time to ask. If you're all good, we'll move on.
Let's go do whatever was the last thing that Morlan thought was a bad idea.

Appollyon
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Appollyon » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Kor raised an eyebrow, "Do you have any scent masking tinctures? Just wondering what you might have for hunting game."

Clear Ix

Postby Clear Ix » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am

"Ah, yes, a few wakefulness draughts could be quite useful for our upcoming work."

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:34 am

"Do you have anything that can help to resist the effects of drugs in case we should be poisoned by the drug dealers?" asks Sterling. :eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Clear Ix

Postby Clear Ix » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:52 pm

"Ah, good thinking Sterling! We may need this for ourselves or for some poor asset we meet along the way."

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm

The druid hands Kor a small metal jar. "This ointment masks scents. I am asked for it often by hunters."

To Marlin, he hands him a bottle of what looks like candies. "These keep you awake without suffering the effects of fatigue. If you feel tired, eat one. Don't take more than two before going to sleep or they can make you a little paranoid," he adds. "You will sleep longer once you've taken them, so be prepared to not be roused for some time."

To Sterling he thinks, rubbing his chin a moment. "I don't know that I have anything generic for all poisonings, so if they have a poison specifically meant to kill, you may be out of luck. On the other hand, if they try to poison you with their product, you can counteract it with this." He hands a small vial of a white paste, and an unusual hollow porcupine quill that has been polished and sharpened. "You will have to smear some of the paste onto the quill, then jam it into a large muscle, like your leg or your ass." Devia giggles. "It works quickly, but should you be poisoned with the drug again, it will be less effective each time, so use it carefully."

With your items settled, the druid bids you farewell.

"Well, off to Wendis?" Devia asks. She leads the way out of the castle, and you all head back down the mountain, stopping overnight at an inn, and then making Wendis the following afternoon. As you pull up on the outskirts of the town, the group halts. Devia looks to the group. "What's the plan? Marlin and I scrounge around for some drugs first, then scout the hangouts and report back for a plan, or are we going to bull rush the place and kick in some doors? And what about you Arienne? You want to be a drug addict?"

Arienne shakes her head. "I like that I am accepted here in the Isles, but truth be told, I still stick out. I think that it would be easier for a human and a halfling to blend in here, since there are others of you about." She moves a little closer to Sterling. "I'll be happy to help keep an ear out and act as a lookout. You have no idea how inconspicuous I have learned to make myself when I have had to move about with Hideans roaming around."

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:02 am

Sterling's relief is quite visible. :)

"I think it makes sense for Arienne and I to continue exploring the town in our true guise, a couple looking to settle here, keen to meet the people and find out more about life here. We'll wander about as tourists, poking our noses into every place we come across, and we'll take note of anything that looks suspicious but not act on it until we've had the chance to reconvene."

"If you two are going under, it might be best if Kor keeps a discreet eye on you, from a distance, and if you should happen to stir up a hornet's nest he can either help on the spot or come and fetch me for back-up. We're not going to be hiding so he should have no trouble finding us." :)

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:41 pm

"Then lead on, oh lord and Lady!" Devia says with an exaggerated flourish. She pulls her horse behind Sterling and Arienne, letting them lead the way. "Yuck it up, you two. Gotta make everyone think you're a bunch of rich schmucks willing to throw money around." She pulls out a wine bottle, spilling some on herself and taking a swig before passing the bottle to Marlin.

"Kor, you may want to head off to the side of us and take a more circuitous route into the town. We're going to pull up to the inn with our lord and lady, and once they're settled, we'll wait until it starts to get dark and head down to the docks. We'll look for you out the front door before we go. Sound good?" she asks everyone.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:37 pm

"Shall we visit this town, my Lady?" Sterling says with a grin and a sweeping flourish. :D

They lead the way into town, Sterling pointing out various landmarks to Arienne as they go, laughing and making happy small talk. Sterling pays no mind to any attention he attracts, leaving it to the experts behind him to take note of such things. He will smile and nod his head in greeting to any townsfolk who might look directly at him or greet him.

At the inn he dismounts first, then assists his lady, taking her into his embrace as he plucks her gently from her horse.

"See to the horses, Marlin, then you can take the rest of the day orff." And with that he takes Arienne's hand and they enter the inn.

Return to “Play By Post”