Ashen Shores (IC Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: Ashen Shores (IC Thread)

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Sterling looks around and shakes his head. :think:

"I don't like the look of all those marks and shrines. It looks like this place is more dangerous than Wendis, in terms of attacks by the sea devils. I'm not going to put you at risk by setting up near the coast where you might be carried off by sea creatures when I'm away on a mission."

"We need to find a place inland, but somewhere we're allowed to build an inn, so not a sacred druid grove." :think:

"I'm thinking that maybe we should seek the advice of somebody with influence. Somebody who might want to see us set up the kind of place we have in mind, and might be willing to help us find just the right place... and cut through any obstacles that we might otherwise incur."

"Arienne, Kor, let me take you to meet the Queen." :D

Devia and Marlin can catch up later. ;)
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Arienne looks at Sterling. "I can handle myself. I am used to working around Hildean Sailors in a port town, after all, so don't worry about trying to protect me. If we decide to look farther inland, that's fine with me, but don't do it because you're scared for my safety. I'm not a delicate flower."

"And the queen? She's really that good of a friend? I'd hate to think that we would take up the queen's time asking where we can build an inn. It hardly seems like a matter concerning her." She laughs. "Of course, I'd like to meet a real queen, too!" She pauses a moment. "You really know the queen that well?" she asks in earnest.
Let's go do whatever was the last thing that Morlan thought was a bad idea.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:09 pm

"To be honest, no. I mean, I don't know... really. She seemed really friendly and approachable when we met before, so I think it's worth a visit. If nothing else it'll give us a current impression of how the local royalty is likely to treat us, and that can't be a bad thing. Even if the Queen herself has no time for us there may be other people at the palace who can help us in our search."

"You never know until you ask." :)

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:08 am

Arienne still seems interested. "Well let's go see!" she says. "I think you should leave word for Marlin and Devia. It's at least a full day up the mountain."

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:50 am

"Right!" agrees Sterling with a broad grin. :D

He takes a strip of cloth and writes on it "Gone to palace to visit Queen. Catch up when you can. S. K. A." in Seldarian and ties it to one of his arrows, which he passes to Kor to fire into a convenient wooden lintel of a nearby outbuilding. It isn't exactly a beacon, but when Devia and Marlin return to this place to look for them it should be noticeable enough to catch their eye.

Then they set off at a comfortable pace towards the royal palace.

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:59 am

Devia and Marlin explore the town. They find that Eleri is significantly less bustling than Wendis and has a smaller population. There seems to be some drug problems here, and it appears to be endemic to the Isles. The poppy seems to be everywhere here, which is a little unusual. The fish people attack here as they do in Wendis, but there is less organized resistance to them, so they generally lock up at night and don't come out. The attacks are infrequent, so the populace has learned to live with them.

When they return, they find Sterling's unusual message, and head up to the top of the mountain.

Meanwhile...

Sterling, Kor, and Arienne take the road up the mountain to the palace. This trip takes two days at a normal pace, and the weather and scenery are so nice that they camp for the evening. The next day they reach the gates of the royal castle, which are open with a perfunctory guard in leather with a broadsword standing at the gate.

"Hello!" greets the guard pleasantly.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:07 pm

"Hello", replies Sterling, pleasantly. "My name is Sterling Blackthorn. I've been here before, some time ago, and I carried out a service for Her Majesty with some friends following that visit. I am back in the Isles now and looking to settle here with my betrothed, Arienne (gestures in her direction)." :D

"Thing is, we've been looking around for days and finding a suitable place is proving to be a bit of a problem. I know it's presumptuous, but would it be possible to get word to Her Majesty to let her know that we are here and would like to beg an audience if she is willing to meet with us?" :eh:

"Oh, and this is Korhithril Willowstream, one of the friends who helped carry out our mission for the Queen." :)

Appollyon
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Appollyon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:29 am

"Greetings." Kor addressed the guard. "It is truly a gem of a place you live on. I'd appreciate being able to Express that same sentiment to the ruler of said gem as well."

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:18 pm

The guard seems quite nice. "Of course," he replies to your greeting. "The Queen is away on royal business at the moment, but the royal seneschal is here and might be able to see to your property needs. Would you like me to see if he is available now, or would you like to make an appointment?"

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:25 am

"If you wouldn't mind finding out if he can see us now, that would be great, thank you."

To the others he notes, "That's the second time I've been here and the Queen has been away on business. I do hope there isn't another problem." :eh:

Return to “Play By Post”