Ashen Shores (OOC Thread)

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Re: Ashen Shores (OOC Thread)

Postby Larenil » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Sorry, this has been a mess of a month for me. I was on vacation for a week, my computer died, then got sent on two last minute business trips back to back. Sooooo..... that was a mess. In any case, I'm back now, and yes, I am working on XP. I need to sieve through the pages and make sure I get everything, so that won't be super fast. However, I will keep the story moving in the meantime.

As for Emerald, if you want some time to think about it, App, we can deposit Iygus, Brald, and Larik safely back in Seldar, then head to the Isles for some quick fun and give you a chance to decide while you get to know the islands.
Let's go do whatever was the last thing that Morlan thought was a bad idea.

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:07 am

Date today 25 August

Larenil - last active 27 July
Appollyon - last active 12 July
Clear Ix - last active 22 June

Are we dead now? :eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Holy mackerel. I've traveled 14,000 miles in the last 8 weeks. I had this mostly typed up, then got called away again for work, and while gone, my work laptop keyboard broke. I swear this has been a disaster. Anyway, posting in the IC thread now. I intend to keep this moving, barring any more computer disasters.

My intent is to let you all discuss briefly if you want to try to hit the islands or stick around Seldar. I'm leaving this conversation in the islands in the case that you want to see anything else down here or have any questions of the area, etc.

Clear Ix
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

Postby Clear Ix » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Hey everyone! I know it doesn't look like it, but I do check the forums. However, if there doesn't seem to be any action or a needed response, I usually don't log in. Looking forward to get this story back in gear. Hopefully our fearless leader won't have any more computer issues for a while! :lol:

Appollyon
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Appollyon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:07 pm

My answer is very similar, while I check In every couple days, I don't log in.

I'm glad to see the flurry of posts and will respond in the next day or so after reading more thoroughly.

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Ugggggh. I now have to head to Tennessee the week after next. Will this travel never end?! At least I keep my frequent flyer points.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm

I'm off to Ireland tomorrow morning and not back until late Friday evening.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:50 am

Regarding an inn, this is the kind of thing Sterling has in mind.

Preferably with some kind of a garden area with a terrace that can accommodate indoor/outdoor musical performances etc.

Larenil
NZB Leftenant

Postby Larenil » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:10 pm

That would probably do well in the Isles, given their penchant for natural buildings. Of course, finding space for a new building may be impossible, but you might be able to make it happen by rehabbing an old one.

I'm out this coming week until Friday on a business trip. I don't know what my internet will be like while there, but I will try and check in if I can.

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm perfectly willing to redesign on an existing site that has the right space and potential. I have no idea of the cost involved (hence Sterling's continual pushing for costs), but working on the assumption that ordinary folk run inns in these settings they can't be so expensive as to be in the realms of fantasy hero treasure hauls. My working assumption is that Sterling is now wealthy enough to be able to afford to buy a decent plot and build something pretty unique and exceptional.

There is also another matter I'd like some information on, when you have the time. Sterling is a multi-cultural chap. Born in Tarvel, raised in Anorien, served in Seldar, adopted by the wild elves of Reanvane and now planning to settle in the Isles. What I'd like to know about is the marriage customs of these cultures. Things like the giving of tokens, whether it is usual to ask permission of the father, who is expected to make the proposal, what kind of ceremony (and any preliminaries) is normal, and who has the authority to conduct the ceremony. And anything else I've missed. Sterling is a very lawful type and he wants to do things right; he's just not sure what right looks like in his particular case.

Return to “Play By Post”