0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Arbuthnott » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:26 pm

Billie picks up on the mention of woses, and wracks her brain for where she's heard that word before. When it clicks, she gives the dwarves a pitying glance as she creeps over to examine the mural in more detail. She wants to know all she can about these beings.

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:17 pm

Billie looks at the stone carving of the wood wose. A small man like figure much shorter than the knight it's fighting. It's has disheveled hair and a beard laced and entwined with dry leaves, twigs, and nuts. He wears a simple garment seemingly carved to look like the same material in it's beard. It wields a branch-like spear, the tip of which is carved to depict it coated in poison.

"No it's been quiet since we moved in here a few weeks ago. Hmm. You've seen a Wose recently?" Seratha asks Doug. "Were they in large number? Did they have a Queen?"

Acker could never forget these creatures. Flashes of the fall of West Haven run through his mind. The fires, the people. He feels the anger welling up in him.

[Since Acker was trying to process his feelings I gave him a roll and he didn't do so great. I figure he might feel the urge to strike the carving of the wood wose but I'll leave the actual reacting to Ikoma. Also don't know how close Billie wants to get to the carving and whether she might be in the way if Acker does lash out.]
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:11 am

Acker was succeeding in controlling himself... or so he thought. At the mention of the 'Queen', he loses it. Acker knows stone. He's worked with it his entire life. He's not going to let this stand. The butt of his axe flashed up and out, smashing the wood wose in the face. His face is set in a snarl.

"Yeah... there were a lot. And yeah... there was a queen."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 am

Billie, being close to the mural to examine it, almost doesn't notice Acker move to strike. Before Acker's axe hits her she realizes what's happening and quickly and clumsily gets out of the way. Falling on her rear she bites her lip to keep from quiet.

The face of the stone wood wose breaks with Ackers attack and the broken pieces of it's mouth and nose fall to the floor.

Seratha's eyes widen as Acker lashes out and she takes a step back. "Is it alright to ask about this? A nearby Wose queen is a serious issue that could affect my tribe."
Last edited by Fallout_Monkey on Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Doug puts a comforting hand on Acker's shoulder.

"Easy, my friend. I know how you feel, but it's only a stone carving. Save your anger for the real thing." :eh:

Turning to Seratha he says:

"Perhaps I should introduce us better. We go by the name of the West Haven Weregild, and our village was recently destroyed by the wood woses and their Queen. We mean to see a reckoning, when we are able." :problem:

"But for now, we have more immediate concerns. Could you show us the statue you mentioned?"
:)
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:10 pm

"Of course" Seratha leads the group through the doorway in the mural wall. Walks past three more openings, one left and two right, before the hall sharply turns to the left. A pale blue glow is seen from the room ahead, as the group enters the small round room they see it is the water in small fountain in the centre that is creating the glow. Seratha continues past it and into another hall which is perpendicular to the fountain room and goes left. This hall then opens into a large room.

The room seems to be used as a gathering area for the goblins. seats made of leather and hide are placed in random spots on the floor, along with bone carve drinking cups, and small knives. On the other side of the room a large bonfire burns tended by a single female goblin. A few feet beyond it the statue you came to see. The glow of the fire's flicker illuminating it.

The room has two other exits, on the walls parallel to the statue, one left and the other right.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:07 am

Acker is visibly tense. His grip on his weapon is tight but he does not draw it. He is surprised somehow to see the female goblins. As if the thought that there are female goblins is new to him. But much of the other information seems to skim over his head as he - successfully so far - fights to maintain his composure in this environment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 pm

From the descriptions it appears this is the first goblin we have seen since arriving at the tomb. Is that right?

Doug steps forward towards the statue, giving a smile and a cheery "Hello" to the female goblin tending the fire. She may not understand his word but he hopes his tone and expression will communicate his peaceful intent.

He looks around the statue, at the walls and the plinth it stands upon. Sybil said the secret door lay "behind the statue", but that could mean various things. If there is a plaque on the statue's plinth he will take a look at that, and if he can't understand it he'll ask Seratha if she can.

Fallout_Monkey

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:24 am

[Yes this is the first goblin you've seen since you entered the tomb]

The goblin looks to Seratha at Doug's greeting. They have a brief exchange and she turns back to the fire, stirring it with a long stick.

"She said Hello" Seratha says.

The walls at the statue end of the room are angled to give the space around it a trapezoidal shape and the raised dias the statue sits on is cut to fit this area. The plaque on the front of the plinth simply reads the name Sextus Varius. Upon inspection of the statue Doug discovers the plinth has some writing carved into the back of it. Seratha translates it.

"It says 'If you are to keep it, you must first give it to me.' Looks like a riddle. Never knew this was here."
Last edited by Fallout_Monkey on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 pm

'If you are to keep it, you must first give it to me.' Doug repeats, mulling it over. :think:

"It does sound like a riddle, for sure. I wonder what it might mean. Something you can give but also keep."

"I suppose one could give one's word, and thereby keep one's word." :eh:

"It could also be something like... freedom. We'd need to free... something... in order to remain free ourselves." :think:

"But what might the "me" refer to? The statue? The restless spirit of the one entombed here?" :problem:

"If it's the statue then what could we give it?" :eh:

Is there anything upon the statue or lying on the ground beside it, where something might have fallen?

"Hmmm... no I think in such a case one's first instinct is often best. Perhaps it might relate to the oath we found earlier. Maybe we need to speak the oath to the spirit to gain its... cooperation." :eh:

We just need to find the way in... :)

"Let's all take a good look around the walls and the statue to see if we can find anything that might be a secret door."

Return to “Play By Post”