0-level D&D game IC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Re: 0-level D&D game IC thread

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:39 am

"Suppose we capture them?" suggests Violet. :think:

"Would that give us a sufficient position of strength to persuade those at the tomb to let us extract Paul without interference?"
:eh:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 am

"That would possibly do it." Jacob says "As long as they aren't being led by a bug bear or hobgoblin. Though we do have someone who can go invisible to scout out the tomb and find out before we negotiate." He looks at Alyssa "We'd probably have to dress her in goblin clothes so they didn't smell her but that could give us an advantage when talk to them. But first how are you planning on capturing the patrol?"
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:39 pm

"Well, I have some magic tricks..." :think:

"If there are only a few goblins I could maybe send them all to sleep, or if there are more of them I could make it appear that we are backed up by a squad of serious dwarven warriors... or something. With Acker and Rowan and you leading the 'men' you could make us appear to be a force to be reckoned with." :eh:

"That would still need somebody convincing to handle the talking... but we've had some success with that before. Dollin is quite the orator when he turns on that hobbit charm!"
:)

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Doug interjects... :problem:

"I don't like the sound of sending Alyssa into a goblin lair alone, invisible or not. If we have to send someone in invisible I'd feel a lot happier about it if Alyssa would agree to lend her ring to one of us for that task." :eh:

He casts a sidelong glance in Billie's direction.
:think:

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:43 pm

(Hey FM, can you give us a quick description of the area we're in? Are we on a distinct path? Is there any cover, like trees or bushes?)

Rowan nods along to Violet's suggestions. "If we're going to try to intimidate them, we need to make sure they don't just run away from us on sight. Some of us should try to get behind them, as we did at Yannock's."

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Dollin pipes up, "None of my magic will help anyone sneak... but I can probably distract a group pretty easy. So if you want 'em looking one way, I'm your halfling!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:51 am

The group is on a heavily used game trail. The area around them has many trees and bushes that could be used to hide but also has several pockets and pools of water of unknown depth which make navigation off the trail difficult but not impassible.
Last edited by Fallout_Monkey on Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my wife's book

Arbuthnott
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Arbuthnott » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:05 pm

"Doug's righ'; I'm all fer yeh comin' along with us, girly, bu' I'd feel righ' awful sendin' you off in there alone." Billie looks concerned, perhaps not quite understanding the irony of what she just said :lol:

"I'd be more'n 'appy to come with yeh though, or even jus' take a quick look meself."

Considering the planning currently going on around her, Billie cocks a head to the side in thought. She pulls out a rope and starts fiddling with it as she speaks.

"If we're wan'in' to ge' behind 'em, it'd be easier ta le' them pass us by. If Viole', Dollin, Acker and Doug all scoo' down the path a bi', Rowan, Jacob'n I'll hide in those bushes."

"Viole', can you make i' look like these dwarven warriors are with both groups, or jus' the one? Dollin, can yeh keep 'em lookin' forward at'chu? Tha'll keep 'em from noticin' us in the bushes 'till we jump ou', and from lookin' too closely a' Violet's... magic."

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:07 am

"I'm not so well practiced as to be confident of making two separate groups," says Violet. :think:

"I think I can make one group appear convincing enough to pass inspection at a distance at least, and I can add some basic sound effects to enhance the scene when the goblins approach." :)

"Do we want to give it a try, then? Best get into position if we do." :eh:

She looks around the group for assent or objection... :think:

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:11 am

"Seems like a decent plan to me," agrees Doug. :)

"I'm sure Acker and I can act the part of leaders of the dwarf platoon. You fancy being the officer, Acker?"

Return to “Play By Post”