0-level D&D game OOC thread

A place for our members to run games on the board. No LARPing!
Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: 0-level D&D game OOC thread

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:21 am

The only nearby authority Violet would know of would be Count Ortho Caelifer and his knights the Harvest Wardens. The Caelifer family sigil is the locust so the wardens are colloquially known as the Hoppers. The warden's are the law enforcement and tax collectors for Caelifera county. They send out patrols regularly from Crestwall.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 am

With all her prep for a fast escape out of town, and given she is heading directly away from the attackers, I gave it a high/low roll and Violet doesn't run into any problems on her way out town. For Norman I did a DC 15 wisdom check to see if he got turned around in his frightened panic he rolled a 14 so 12 with his modifier. The text is a little ambiguous at the end because Dollin wouldn't know hardly any body in the village. I assume Doug would probably know almost everybody.
Check out my wife's book

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:28 am

I really like Lord Foul's latest post and don't see anything I could really add. Dollin, Acker, and Alloria are in the wagon and escaping with the refugees!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Thanks. I took a few liberties there, but I hoped you wouldn't mind as it all seemed to fit together so perfectly. :D
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:45 am

Just to note that the reason cavalry armed with sabres were so effective against infantry is that the momentum of the charging horse added to the impact of the blow. I wonder if a charging wagon might confer a similar benefit. :think:

Worth a try! :shifty:

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm willing to add a small bonus. Let's say half the strength mod of the attacker. So Acker with the tree-felling axe would do 1d6+6. I rolled a 1 so 7 damage total. Not enough to kill this guy but enough for him to defiantly take notice.
Check out my wife's book

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:58 am

So I'm a bit curios what you guys are thinking of in terms of pathfinder classes for each character. Or Do you think it's a bit early to tell that? I mean it's possible these characters might not even want that kind of life. Norman I'm pretty sure is going to die though. But I have been surprised by him previously.
Check out my wife's book

Lord Foul
Ducking Post Whore

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:00 pm

I'm not familiar with Pathfinder, so I can't say what classes would work from that system.

If it were D&D, then Doug is looking at cleric and Violet is definitely wizard material.

If Norman survives he's clearly a rogue. Whether he lives, and if so, whether he remains a PC or becomes an NPC (to avoid me knowing too much) is all still up for grabs.
Last edited by Lord Foul on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:27 pm

While I know of Pathfinder, I haven't played it so my answers are very 3e derived.

Acker would be one of the martial classes for certain. Probably fighter but maybe barbarian. Dollin is feeling very rogue to me, maybe a rogue bard or just arcane trickster. Alloria is feeling druid.

Which means those five character would be a pretty great adventuring party... cleric + wizard + fighter + rogue/bard + druid = covering all the bases.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fallout_Monkey
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fallout_Monkey » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:01 pm

I said pathfinder because it's what I've been looking at more recently. I'll be keeping to the simple D&D light system we've been using. I'm thinking with all the stuff you guys did that everyone would have enough experience to give them their first level in a class. I have to figure out what that means mechanically. I want to keep things logical so I don't want the characters to suddenly have abilities from nowhere but I also don't want to make you guys struggle too much.

For instance giving Violet a spell: should I have suddenly have her find a scroll or something which she can learn the spell from or seek out a teacher or even go with the trauma of this event has caused a latent magical bloodline to activate. What ever I go with I do want spell casting classes to have fewer spells but be able to cast them more often. Spells would like a fighter's weapon, able to use it every turn.

For Doug I hadn't given much thought about the gods on this world. Any thought's on this subject?
Check out my wife's book

Return to “Play By Post”