Helping someone in need and gaming

Here's a forum to connect to gamers in your area or across the internet. Please name new threads by location or website/service for sake of organization.
Dntspard
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Helping someone in need and gaming

Postby Dntspard » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:10 pm

So kinda a change from my usual. A friend of a friend has been hit with some hard times soon and is trying to raise some money to afford food since his food stamps have been cut. So he's offering a pay-to-play game where he's DMing to try and make up for the losses. Here are the details

Which brings us to this: recently, my income dipped, and I need to make up about 160 a month. So, I'm opening up two pay tables. 5$ a seat a session, weekly. You get a 5 hour game slot, commitment to prep and run, and PDF support.

Right now, we're looking at a table of Scion, the White Wolf game where you play the modern-day child of an ancient god. Son of Hermes, daughter of Thor, etc.
A second table's being planned, but that's still very up in the air

Joining up, you'll get access to Hero, Demigod, God, Companion and Ragnarok pdfs, as well as some modified rulesets we've used here, from John and Anne's Scion Resources (JSR for short), as well as Nut Meg's Gods-touched variant.
All in all, a robust set of mechanics for handling whatever we need.

EDIT: it will not a webcam or anything, just texted base on skype.

If you're interested or have questions let me know. or just drop your skype name here and i'll pass it along
Last edited by Dntspard on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Re: Helping someone in need and gaming

Postby zircher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Would your friend be interested in setting up a Patreon and blogging or writing a journal about his games? I doubt that I can make the time for a face to face game, but spending a couple of bucks a month and following along might help.
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

Dntspard
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Dntspard » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:52 pm

I didn't think about that but will pass it on to him. Thanks man

Magmoo
Couponing Champion

Postby Magmoo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:38 pm

I'm intrigued. What kind of times and schedule? Not sure I can make the time but I might be willing to sponsor some one if I can't make it.
"Bureaucracy is far more effective when everyone's dead, you know." TEMPORAL CORRECTOR ZERO - Romantically Apocalyptic

Dntspard
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Dntspard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:53 pm

that's depends on what you want to be in. The Scion game I'm in is going to be a saturday night game from 7pm cst to midnight (5hr game)

But he has another "table" open for a different game that he isn't sure what it'll be yet and what time, ultimately up to the players.

Return to “Gaming Connections”