Skype D20 MassEffect Game

Here's a forum to connect to gamers in your area or across the internet. Please name new threads by location or website/service for sake of organization.
Zylo
I am the story stick

Re: Skype D20 MassEffect Game ( Looking for players still! )

Postby Zylo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:04 pm

And with that, le group up and le died.

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Zylo wrote:And with that, le group up and le died.

I think we need to take a pulse before we declare the group expired. Perhaps this is a good excuse to regroup and look at other systems and perhaps give Zylo a break. Thoughts?
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

SilverseraphAE
Teller of gaming stories

Postby SilverseraphAE » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 pm

zircher wrote:
Zylo wrote:And with that, le group up and le died.

I think we need to take a pulse before we declare the group expired. Perhaps this is a good excuse to regroup and look at other systems and perhaps give Zylo a break. Thoughts?

Agree, it's always a good idea to check for a pulse before you bury something. Maybe the game is dead but we could perhaps do something else. Groups can survive collapses of games
Mobius04 wrote:An outstanding feat for a fellow cleric to the Wall of Text.
Timespike wrote:My bookseller rage has been kindled

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 am

Well crap, maybe doom is written on the wall. I just got an e-mail from my other Saturday gaming group and due to job changes, they want to move the time to 1400. Given that Zylo's game starts at 1300 local time. That's a serious conflict.

To be honest, I have a little more loyalty to the Porcelain Llama Theater crew. You're all my friends and I love playing with you all, but I have been doing actual play podcasts with PoLT for a couple of years running now.

Maybe the d20 Mass Effect 'play test' has run it's course until the next edition/re-write and the group is re-formed in a different time slot?
--
TAZ

*sigh* I feel like a real heel since we seem to have gotten over that speed bump last week.
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

unwrittenart
Teller of gaming stories

Postby unwrittenart » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 am

So what did you have planned zylo for the games story I'm curious.

I mean I figured my character would try stealing something mechanical like a robot for his AI fall and then put it in a little hovring robot.

I was just curious what you're going to do with the story.

Since the group seems to be breaking up I just want to say I really enjoy gaming with all of you and getting to know you hopefully we can all game together in the future

Zylo
I am the story stick

Postby Zylo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:16 am

I was still working on what to do with the AI in all honesty.

I'm sad to see this group die as I had a blast playing with you guys, but if it has to happen it has to happen. Maybe one day we can pick it up again.

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 am

Maybe I'm an evil GM, but I would have the AI build trust and be helpful right up to the point that it has us investigate that alien derelict. :-)
--
TAZ

Zylo
I am the story stick

Postby Zylo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:06 pm

I was focusing more on the plot I had for Omega. It was going to be so much fun. Le Sigh*

vonSaponatheim
'something' per Dan's request

Postby vonSaponatheim » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 am

Well, sheesh. One revelatory kick in the nuts after another.

Luckily, plots tend to have a decent shelf life. I wouldn't worry too much about that. But perhaps a time/day change is in order, to keep folks available, now that we have some scheduling conflicts?

If we're all inclined to keep meeting and playing, what do you want to do? Switch GM for a bit? New direction? New game entirely? Or a spin-off? We could explore a different era or element of the setting; play slimy corporate types on Noveria (and/or researchers cooped up in a lab; always a classic), crazy machine cultists or a salarian deep space exploration team (perhaps looking for promising species to uplift).

We haven't really touched on the creepiness of the setting yet, so that's a thought. It doesn't have to be all flying cars and shiny rifles and shady deals on dusty planets.

What are you all up for?

SilverseraphAE
Teller of gaming stories

Postby SilverseraphAE » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 am

I have a Legend of Zelda system that could use some work and playtesting

I also have been throwing out Monsterhearts or something else, the question is who do we still have around?
Mobius04 wrote:An outstanding feat for a fellow cleric to the Wall of Text.
Timespike wrote:My bookseller rage has been kindled

Return to “Gaming Connections”