Skype D20 MassEffect Game

Here's a forum to connect to gamers in your area or across the internet. Please name new threads by location or website/service for sake of organization.
vonSaponatheim
'something' per Dan's request

Re: Skype D20 MassEffect Game ( Looking for players still! )

Postby vonSaponatheim » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:23 am

So what have I missed? Any action this past month? Anything happening tomorrow?

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:31 am

It's been hit and miss with attendance, but we finally beat the Batarians into surrender after a couple of gun fights and taking control of the bridge. The Batarians, being poor sports, shot a lot of defenseless slaves during the break out. The captain took a hit and was out for a bit. Messa's barrier was a life saver for some of the crew. We managed to salvage the parts needed to get the Paradise mobile again. The Batarian ship is effectively a derelict only fit for stripping at this point since its structural integrity has been compromised [big gaping hole and bunch of smaller ones.]

But, of course, it's out of the frying pan and into the fire when a Quarian ship shows up and starts shooting the dead in space Batarian ship (while everyone is still in it.) They board with a lot of marines (What the hell? When did the Quarians grow a quad?) and start bossing everyone around at gun point. Wrak stands his ground and keeps them from boarding the Paradise, but the marines manage to round up all the Quarians (the ones that we were trying to rescue, that strange Quarian ninja, and our engineer.) So, we got most of the crew, we got the parts, but nobody to install them. Meanwhile, Slashy the Ninja (there has been no time for introductions) and Larik are singing the blues in the brig of the Quarian ship.
--
TAZ

[Apologies for any name misspellings.]
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

vonSaponatheim

Postby vonSaponatheim » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Ha! Alright, big huge mess to play with. Got ya. I can see the rescue op now:

Quarian brig. About tea-time. Larik regales Slashy with a rendition of 'A Scientist Salarian'. Suddenly the far wall explodes. The prisoners are flung against the bars and dust and debris cake them boot to bucket. Larik's visor-wipers auto-activate. He spies a wide-eyed Asari and a surly Krogan stepping through the scorched hole where the wall used to be.

"Wrak! Maesa! Are you guys insane? What are you doing here?"

Haloed in her barrier, Maesa looks positively devout. Like that time she snuck into Blasto: The Jellyfish Stings and got a voucher for a replica of the Spectre's handgun. She looks Larik straight in the eye.

"We're on a mission from the Goddess."

Wrak cocks his shotgun and growls, "We're putting the crew back together. Now haul ass!"

Also, Kal'Reegar from ME2 is played by Jayne/Adam Baldwin. Gotta count for something, right?

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Wow, some one has a fever dream. :-D

I imagine it going more like, "If you give him to us, you don't have to listen to him."
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

vonSaponatheim

Postby vonSaponatheim » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:25 am

Guess I leaped before I looked. Got a big huge BBQ thing happening in a few hours (blame Summer), lots of old buddies and folks on vacation to see. I'll make sure next week is clear, though.

Keep stealing Maesa's barriers, I suppose. She'll be back with ill-conceived maintenance suggestions, plans for springing the Quarians, cheap Hanar one-liners and all that is blue and naive, oh, next week. Hopefully. Provided I'm not abducted anew and forced to subject my palate to delicious meaty treats and cold beer. You know how it is.

Oh, and Todd? How is that epic struggle with the bamboo going? Impasse?

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 am

Almost record wetness the past few months have given the bamboo reinforcements. I'm holding the line, but they're strong and healthy. I've hired a mercenary and he comes by every couple of weeks and with his steel blade the invasion is kept in check. [The uppity Bermuda grass also gets knocked down a notch.]

unwrittenart
Teller of gaming stories

Postby unwrittenart » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:33 am

I am so sorry I fell asleep last thing I know we're talking about furez and werewolves next thing I know I'm waking up with nobody there I am so sorry

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 am

Sleep happens, it's supposedly a natural thing. After the game, we just bantered about on a number of gaming topics until hunger set in.

unwrittenart
Teller of gaming stories

Postby unwrittenart » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey guys I have some not so great news so it's looking like I'm going to have to stop gaming on Saturdays after September my wife is tired of not having Saturdays free I'm sorry. :-(

Zylo
I am the story stick

Postby Zylo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:01 pm

yikes that is some bad news. Could we move it to another day / time?

Return to “Gaming Connections”