Help Me Select My Team Name!

For modeling, miniature games, trading card games, and the like.

What should I name my High Elf team? And what should their color scheme be?

Poll ended at Sun May 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Rapids (double meaning - rivers & fast) [blue/white]
3
43%
Raptors (utahraptors or birds of prey) [tan/brown/red]
0
No votes
Rattlesnakes (venomous & fast) [copper/tan/brown]
2
29%
Roadrunners (turn all my opponents into the coyote) [blue/purple/yellow]
1
14%
Rocketeers (cause the Rocketeer is cool) [brown/gold/khakhi]
0
No votes
Royals (cause they are high Elves) [purple/gold]
1
14%
Rush (football term, fast, and the band!) [gold/red/black]
0
No votes
Other?
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron
Posts: 14065
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Pleasant Grove, UT
Contact:

Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby Ikoma » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:01 pm

So this spring (June to be precise), I’ll be competing at the Amorical Cup. It’s a big North American Blood Bowl team tournament. You have four coaches on your team, your team has a certain number of points to spend on race selection (so high tier races are limited). My FLGS owner is going to paint my team for (see the Happy thread) but I need to get him the team so he can fit it into his schedule. I dropped off the minis today and he asked me what the team name was and what color scheme he should use. I had not thought about it. Here are my considerations...

First off, our team is the Rocky Mountain Renegades. All our individual teams will be the Rocky Mountain R_____. So it has to start with R. I am taking High Elves. They are a Tier 3 team so they don’t cost a lot of points and I am really good with elves. I’ve done a little brainstorming but I cannot make a decision. So I’m looking for input.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Leoff
You Gotta Admit!
Posts: 7207
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby Leoff » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:20 am

I dithered between Rapids and Rattlesnakes, but thought of rough waters I'd seen, and the best weren't in the mountains. Rattlesnakes, however, I know are in the Rockies. And the typical fine-chiseled features depicted on elves go well with snakes. I can imagine them getting snake face paint for matches and parades.

User avatar
GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1884
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby GinDragon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:14 pm

Leoff wrote:I dithered between Rapids and Rattlesnakes, but thought of rough waters I'd seen, and the best weren't in the mountains. Rattlesnakes, however, I know are in the Rockies. And the typical fine-chiseled features depicted on elves go well with snakes. I can imagine them getting snake face paint for matches and parades.

As a person living in Calgary, I'm pretty sure there are no rattlesnakes in the Canadian Rockies, at least. Though I haven't looked it up.

Some suggestions:

Roughriders
Reformers
Reclaimers
Rum Runners
Ridge Runners
Regulators
Reindeer

User avatar
zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron
Posts: 10090
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:54 am
Location: Oklahoma City
Contact:

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby zircher » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:37 pm

I like alliterations so something like RiverCity (or other-R word) Rapids would be to my liking.

User avatar
Leoff
You Gotta Admit!
Posts: 7207
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby Leoff » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:37 pm

GinDragon wrote:
Leoff wrote:I dithered between Rapids and Rattlesnakes, but thought of rough waters I'd seen, and the best weren't in the mountains. Rattlesnakes, however, I know are in the Rockies. And the typical fine-chiseled features depicted on elves go well with snakes. I can imagine them getting snake face paint for matches and parades.

As a person living in Calgary, I'm pretty sure there are no rattlesnakes in the Canadian Rockies, at least. Though I haven't looked it up.

Some suggestions:

Roughriders
Reformers
Reclaimers
Rum Runners
Ridge Runners
Regulators
Reindeer

Ah. I was wrong about the rattlesnakes, was I? We were slightly warned about them in Montana.
I still like the face paint thing.

User avatar
GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1884
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby GinDragon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 am

Leoff wrote:
GinDragon wrote:
Leoff wrote:I dithered between Rapids and Rattlesnakes, but thought of rough waters I'd seen, and the best weren't in the mountains. Rattlesnakes, however, I know are in the Rockies. And the typical fine-chiseled features depicted on elves go well with snakes. I can imagine them getting snake face paint for matches and parades.

As a person living in Calgary, I'm pretty sure there are no rattlesnakes in the Canadian Rockies, at least. Though I haven't looked it up.

Some suggestions:

Roughriders
Reformers
Reclaimers
Rum Runners
Ridge Runners
Regulators
Reindeer

Ah. I was wrong about the rattlesnakes, was I? We were slightly warned about them in Montana.
I still like the face paint thing.

Perhaps it is just here in Alberta/BC because it is too cold- maybe they are around farther south. Or maybe I just haven't seen one. I don't quite live IN the mountains, so it's not like I'd have a chance to see them every day.

User avatar
GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer
Posts: 1884
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby GinDragon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 am

Renegades, is another name sports teams around here use.

Roughriders?
Rebels

User avatar
Glenn
I am the story stick
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:15 am

Re: Help Me Select My Team Name!

Postby Glenn » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:05 am

I like the Rattlesnakes name but the Rapids color scheme


Return to “Other Tabletop Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests