MtG EDH Brew: Smack Everyone (Saskia)

For modeling, miniature games, trading card games, and the like.
Darth Xentus
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

MtG EDH Brew: Smack Everyone (Saskia)

Postby Darth Xentus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Currently working on a bit of a Jank deck for Commander whose primary Gimmick is to deal damage to one opponent and deal damage to at least one other opponent as a result. I'm using Saskia the Unyielding as my Commander because she has that effect on-board, and she gives me four colors to play with. I have a few cards I'm working with that at least kind of do the thing, if not exactly how I want it. Sower of Discord and Hydra Omnivore are the ones that fit this perfectly. The Myriad cycle of cards from C2015 kinda do it, but their tokens can still be blocked. Other cards can deal damage simultaneously outside of combat, but they are not going to be my main focus on account of usually being high-costed like the creatures I've lined up. Below is a list of what I have so far.

Any other cards that do what I'm looking for? Any synergies I might look into? Not looking for mana base suggestions, unless it specifically relates to my main goal.

Sower of Discord
Hydra Omnivore
Banshee of the Dread Choir
Blade of Selves
Caller of the Pack
Herald of the Host
Warchief Giant
Grenzo's Ruffians
Chandra's Ignition
Arcbond
Comet Storm
Debt to the Deathless
There’s no valor in death. Valor is what you make of life.

Evil Tim
Teller of gaming stories

Re: MtG EDH Brew: Smack Everyone (Saskia)

Postby Evil Tim » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:57 pm

Disrupt decorum is a great spell since it will tap down a majority of blockers, make everyone attack not you, and make everyone create hurt feeling for eachother.

Damage doublers are always good as it will get doubled again when her effect triggers. 2 damage doubles to 4 and then the chosen player takes 8 from saskia effect for a total of 12 damage. (Basically 6 times with her and and another damage dealer)

Beyond the myriad equipment, I didnt find the myriad creatures to be very strong. Mostly the equipment is there to abuse enter the battlefield triggers.

Nothing else is really a must have, as long as you can not get attritioned out of the game, destroy things that prevent you from attacking, remove blockers, and reset the board to your advantage you should do her proud.

Politically, be wary of too much shield clanging otherwise you may find players rallying together to protect themselves from the oncoming barbarian horde.

The power 5 or greater cycle from the alara block and the cmc greater than 6 cycle from invasion block may produce some gems.

War storm surge and pandemonium are both great if you are set with the myriad cycle.

Deus of calamity and charnalhoard wurm both actually dont care about combat damage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: MtG EDH Brew: Smack Everyone (Saskia)

Postby tombombodil » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 am

Have ways to recover from sweepers, and ways to generate card advantage. Every beefy creature DH deck should have a handful of non-creature cards that can generate card advantage or ensure card quality.

I like,

Seer's Sundial

Lifecrafter's Bestiary

Abundance

Also make sure you have enough answers to control-lock down combos and cards.

I would run NO LESS than 8 cards that can blow up at least 2 of the following card types (Artifact, Land, Enchantment, Planeswalker)

My package for a deck like yours would be:
Beast Within
Brutalizer Exarch
Acidic Slime
Chaos Warp
Hull Breach
Mortify
Maelstrom Pulse
Oblivion Ring

Even if the rest of your deck is straight forward beatdown, the above cards ensure you don't get totally boned by one player playing like, an Ensnaring Bridge or get a Thopter Foundry combo going etc.

I also reccommend cards like Everlasting Torment and Rain of Gore. When your main gameplan is to turn creatures sideways to deal damage, its nice to have ways to make sure that damage sticks.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Return to “Other Tabletop Games”