Random board game thoughts

For modeling, miniature games, trading card games, and the like.
Nny
Holder of The Stabbing Screwdriver

Re: Random board game thoughts

Postby Nny » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:12 am

tombombodil wrote:
Morgan_Lockbreaker wrote:
Leoff wrote:You know what I want to play? A board game based on Pandemic and the anime Cells At Work (which takes place inside a human body).

That would be a cool. It's not exactly the same but I've heard good things about Genius Games. They stick closely to real science in their games like Cytosis.

I also hear good things about Viral from another publisher.

You could just rename all the countries in pandemic to organs :lol:

To my gaming group, I pitched a Game of Pandemic, but every time there's an outbreak, we all chug a corona. One guy said "Corona? Ugh!" But that's the point!

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:00 am

Anyone have any experience with print-on-demand or self-publishing of your board games?

Morgan_Lockbreaker
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Morgan_Lockbreaker » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 am

Leoff wrote:Anyone have any experience with print-on-demand or self-publishing of your board games?

I haven't used them, but The Game Crafter let's you upload your game for print and play. They also have a service that will custom print games from their catalogue for you. I'm not sure on the price though and it likely depends on the game's size.
https://twitter.com/MarshWgamer
BGG profile
BGA profile

Your Vorpal Sword uses Behead!... It's super effective!

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Thanks. I was looking at them.
The game I'm making is called Where Do You Put Your Backpack When You Fight, and is a tile-flipping, resource-carrying, dungeon exploration game. As usual I was halted by the need for an illustrator, when I remembered my god-daughter, (whom I gave her first set of polyhedral dice, let her GM the first time, sigh, happy thoughts) is quite an artist. She drew up some lovely pictures, and Gamma-Ray is helping with the formatting things, and I hope to go forward with it real soon.
The Game Crafter also has a sort of crowdfund arrangement available, and they will sell the games you print through them on their website, so I hope to be putting something in Shameless Plugs.

Return to “Other Tabletop Games”