Elder Dragon Highlander!

For modeling, miniature games, trading card games, and the like.
Beeronious
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

Re: Elder Dragon Highlander!

Postby Beeronious » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh well. While I'm on a roll, here are some more gems from my Lu-Bu deck. Hate control decks?

Try Price of Glory!

Have THAT 2 color deck with a manabase worth more than your entire deck? Is that group your in the type to flip a table if you so much as activate a Ghost Quarter? You can still wreck his day. Tap 1 red and 2 and torch his butt with Price of Progress.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spammy V
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Spammy V » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:36 pm

So I got in another shipment of random Vampires and iterated the Edgar Markov deck for the... third? Third-and-a-half time? The previous iteration was filled out with low-cost Vampires from what I had on hand in storage. I do still like having a low curve deck relatively capable of aggression, but what I had before was just low-cost bodies. Now the average cost of the bodies has shifted up to 3/4 from 2/3 but now there are more body + ability creatures rather than just two drops. The other big inclusion is Dolmen Gate to make my attacks more free. Notably missing still is the Vault of the Archangel I keep forgetting to order.

Coincidentally or not, the deck also went off when we were playing last week. I was able to fill the board and then drop Patron of the Vein to plus my field (note: Eminence happens on cast which means the token created with Eminence will ETB before Patron) and then Sactum Seeker made sure that everyone was dying. Straight up beating down an Enchantress deck felt good.

They're still a bit pricier than I'd like for singles, but Bloodline Keeper and Metallic Mimic would both be insane. Although I almost think now that if I did put Metallic Mimic in the deck I'd get polite requests to play something else. The deck already spirals out of control quickly with so many ways to plus the team, having Mimic make everything bigger when it enters may be a bit too much.
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

Beeronious
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

Postby Beeronious » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Spammy V wrote:The other big inclusion is Dolmen Gate to make my attacks more free. Notably missing still is the Vault of the Archangel I keep forgetting to order.

Wow I have never seen that card before. That's... incredible and now going straight into my Olivia, Mobilized for War deck.

By the way, with Vault of the Archangel, might I recommend Ronin Cliffrider?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spammy V
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Spammy V » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 pm

So I think my Commander group has agreed that all of Unstable is fine, except for Clocknapper which is banned for power reasons.

Building around Baron von Count is an interesting experience. Now every card must be judged also based on how many of the numbers from 1-5 appear in its CMC, P/T, and text box. Granted, a card will only move the Doom counter once, but the more numbers that happen the more flexibility you have. Given that Archfiend of Ifnir and Everythingamajig A are both perfect cards, I'm sensing a counters and proliferate theme going on. Although I think that 4 might be the hardest number to fill out. But it turns out that The Baron is looking for numbers physically printed in the text box and he can see reminder text, which actually opens up a lot of deckbuilding space and nuts now I have to go through the cards again.

Also, thank Bolas for Diabolic Revelation.
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

Return to “Other Tabletop Games”