Pathfinder 2E Playtest

We assume you're interested since you're on our forums.
Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Re: Pathfinder 2E Playtest

Postby Azhrei Vep » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:46 am

ScoobyThulu wrote:Outside of a few other games that are founded on crunch I have found PF 2E to be existential gaming peanut brittle.
So... the act of consuming it is wildly unpleasant and the flavor is awful? Sounds like Shadowrun.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

[red]
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby [red] » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:18 am

I actually love crunch. It my view - the more crunch, the more options. The more options, the more weird stuff you can do.

I don't have a group that enjoys crunch - or even really understands 5e that well.
--- < :facepalm: > ---

ScoobyThulu
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby ScoobyThulu » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:09 am

Azhrei Vep wrote:
ScoobyThulu wrote:Outside of a few other games that are founded on crunch I have found PF 2E to be existential gaming peanut brittle.
So... the act of consuming it is wildly unpleasant and the flavor is awful? Sounds like Shadowrun.

You know I like Shadowrun, ok I like the idea of Shadowrun but thus far have not really ever, as in never, played Shadowrun and had a fun experience.
I am also not a fan of peanut brittle, however I love peanuts (and smoked almonds those wee tasty bastards) but I love peanut butter. You would think in its brittle form would be acceptable as well but noooo.
"Story construction is alchemy, not science." - Robin D. Laws
https://thickskull.net/

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 am

ScoobyThulu wrote:I am also not a fan of peanut brittle, however I love peanuts (and smoked almonds those wee tasty bastards) but I love peanut butter. You would think in its brittle form would be acceptable as well but noooo.

Oh man, I know, right? I'm right there with you, although I do prefer raw almonds over smoked (I cannot buy large bags, or I will hurt myself with how much I eat. It's ... an unfortunate situation), I love me some peanut butter, and plain peanuts, and plenty of dishes that incorporate peanuts ... but brittle? It just ruins 'em, man. Blegh.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Glorious_Leader
BABUSHKA!

Postby Glorious_Leader » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:45 pm

ScoobyThulu wrote:
Azhrei Vep wrote:

You know I like Shadowrun, ok I like the idea of Shadowrun but thus far have not really ever, as in never, played Shadowrun and had a fun experience.
I am also not a fan of peanut brittle, however I love peanuts (and smoked almonds those wee tasty bastards) but I love peanut butter. You would think in its brittle form would be acceptable as well but noooo.

A lot of folks are using Blades in the Dark as a replacement system for Shadowrun.
А ну, чики-брики и в дамки

ScoobyThulu
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby ScoobyThulu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:17 am

Glorious_Leader wrote:A lot of folks are using Blades in the Dark as a replacement system for Shadowrun.

Everything that I have heard about BitD, as far as setting is concerned, does not appeal to me. I have not been sold on it, it seems more of someone's personal fiction turned into an RPG. That's ok, I'm sure a lot of games are just that.
However.
The idea of the system, the mechanics, being used is intriguing. Is there a curve? What I mean by that is the prep time with converting concepts or encounters from a Shadowrun Catalyst system to BitD... does it really work?
To be fair, the Shadowrun system is also in that category of fiction to game.
William Gibson has apparently spoken of Shadowrun as sounding interesting if only they would ditch the fantasy stuff. He apparently hates that mix with cyberounk. So, to stay on topic-ish.
PF 2e... is anyone really digging it? I haven't heard a lot of positive. It seems, like Shadowrun, that people like the idea of it but no one i sreally turned on by it.
"Story construction is alchemy, not science." - Robin D. Laws
https://thickskull.net/

Return to “Role Playing Games”