What's your current game doing?

We assume you're interested since you're on our forums.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: What's your current game doing?

Postby tombombodil » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:44 pm

That certainly sounds like a pretty eventful session :shock:
Have you found the yellow sign?

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:40 am

tombombodil wrote:That certainly sounds like a pretty eventful session :shock:

Yes indeed, although to be fair the events described in the last update covered three game sessions and were summarised for brevity here. I'm having so much fun with this adventure. Setting it in Tarterus gives me so much scope for being really despicable in so many ways. My players are incredibly resourceful, though, so I have great confidence in their ability to handle anything I can come up with. :twisted:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:48 pm

Sounds like a grand campaign!

In my game, things have kicked up a notch. Players have hit that power level where I can start to throw weird stuff at them and I can rely on them to come up with a creative solution that utilized their powers in new and unanticipated ways. The war is still brewing but the party has some leads on 'something' that will help them out. And they are getting a real reputation. Two sessions ago they saved the local Countess from a land shark attack (bulette) and got knighted. They are now formal known as the Wardens of the Western Wilds.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Ikoma wrote:Sounds like a grand campaign!

In my game, things have kicked up a notch. Players have hit that power level where I can start to throw weird stuff at them and I can rely on them to come up with a creative solution that utilized their powers in new and unanticipated ways. The war is still brewing but the party has some leads on 'something' that will help them out. And they are getting a real reputation. Two sessions ago they saved the local Countess from a land shark attack (bulette) and got knighted. They are now formal known as the Wardens of the Western Wilds.

Cool! I like it when they get interested enough in the setting to want to establish themselves as lords and such like. At the end of my last adventure one of the PCs (the ranger) became a Baron and was given lordship over a frontier town, and another (the priest of Odin) was made Bishop of the same town and given a temple to run.

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

Cool! I like it when they get interested enough in the setting to want to establish themselves as lords and such like. At the end of my last adventure one of the PCs (the ranger) became a Baron and was given lordship over a frontier town, and another (the priest of Odin) was made Bishop of the same town and given a temple to run.

I had a party go rogue and decide to install themselves on the throne they were supposed to be preserving. I then got to send a party of good adventurers after them, launching a guerilla war to draw the PCs into ambushes. I thought it would be funny to use the exact same plan they used complete with secret entrance and duplicitous advisors. My players aren't very smart and it was a very short reign. :lol:

Lord Foul

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:14 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

I had a party go rogue and decide to install themselves on the throne they were supposed to be preserving. I then got to send a party of good adventurers after them, launching a guerilla war to draw the PCs into ambushes. I thought it would be funny to use the exact same plan they used complete with secret entrance and duplicitous advisors. My players aren't very smart and it was a very short reign. :lol:

Nice! Using their own tricks against them has a beautiful sense of irony. :thumbup:

Return to “Role Playing Games”