What's your current game doing?

We assume you're interested since you're on our forums.
[red]
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Re: What's your current game doing?

Postby [red] » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 pm

The game that I am running is super small, 5e, with a brand new player and a relatively new player.

We are about three sessions in, and moving slow. Our sessions really don't last more than 2 hours.

The PCs are two human guards that are using their free time to investigate some weird happenings in the countryside. They are assigned to a young heiress to the reigning lord, and she must be betrothed to marry within the next 3 weeks or she forfeits her inheritance.

Her handmaiden was killed by some unknown creature while she was sleeping in the next room. The PCs were told that the Lord has a fantastic detective working on it, (who has demonstrated to be absolutely terrible at the job). The PCs were told not to worry about it, and please instead focus on introducing the Lady to her potential suitors. The PCs have picked up that they may absolutely investigate it - and they are doing that instead of helping her get married off.

The tracked some goblins back to a small lair (with the Lady in tow), and they killed a bunch of goblins outside a hollow tree. The Lady has shown the ability to cast some minor magic - and this setting is very, very low magic so it is something of a concern.

I am presenting multiple things happening at once - the PCs can investigate this or do that, so they have to choose what to pursue. Whenever they go after something, they immediately encounter someone talking about how 'so-and-so just went to visit the Lord' or some such, letting them know that many things are afoot.

Our next session is tomorrow, and it is going to start with:

"The Lady seems visibly upset by the whole ordeal and it is now a little into afternoon. You did not bring any food. A light snow is beginning to fall, promising to get heavier before the evening comes. Also, examining the tree, you that it is hollow with a small ladder going down into the ground."
--- < :facepalm: > ---

John
Host

Postby John » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 am

I got swallowed last night.

I emerged Alien-style from its destroyed thorax a round later, but it was still a harrowing experience.

Giant monstrous apex predators apparently don't pause to consider whether the yummy human is a hasted level 9 paladin specced for massive melee damage.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 am

I'm running a one shot this week because one of our players is unavailable.
This was the promo that wen tout to the players.

This week on "Law and Order: Hook Island"

"Cockeyed Grove"

Captain Edelbee and his team travel to the village of Quohog, on far side of Hook Island, to investigate two missing farmers. However, when they arrive, they find that one of the farmers is no longer missing,
Why have the other farmers locked him up?
Where is the other missing farmer?
Why is it called "Cockeyed Grove?"
What exactly is "mud fishing?"
And what does all this have to do with a mysterious floating green light?

Find out this week!
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

anthroslug
NZB Leftenant

Postby anthroslug » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:48 pm

My group played our first game last night, and for 2 of the 6 of us, it was our first time playing Blades in the Dark.

Somewhat to my surprise, I am really digging it. Technically I played it once before, but it felt more like a rail-roady rules demo than a game. This time, however, it felt nice and fluid. I enjoyed it a lot.
I'm like a boring, perpetually annoyed Indiana Jones - http://www.anthroslug.blogspot.com

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:39 am

November was Solo Gamer Appreciation Month, my current games were pretty darn fun for me.

Maschine Zeit is sci-fi horror (this one is gory and disturbing.)
https://www.deviantart.com/zircher/art/MaschineZeit-SGAM2018-776217254

My hybrid challenge was combining Trollbabe and Barbarian Prince.
https://www.deviantart.com/zircher/art/BarbarianPrincess-SGAM2018-776217795

I compiled and co-authored a book of adventure seeds.
https://www.deviantart.com/zircher/art/SGAM2018-StorySeeds-776215240

And, I wrote a rules-lite tarot powered RPG. (A Fate Accelerated Edition hack...)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16s7BFa52fjGlwPlZguSVGMbCXq2ad1uU/view?usp=sharing

(Yeah, I might have gotten carried away, but I love the Solo Gaming community.)
https://mewe.com/join/solo_roleplaying Lone Wolf on MeWe
https://plus.google.com/communities/116965157741523529510 Lone Wolf on G+

Glorious_Leader
BABUSHKA!

Postby Glorious_Leader » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:08 pm

We lost a character in my Vampire game last night.

Creature, the Vietnam veteran Gangrel, tackled a werewolf into a bank vault door that had been rigged to blow. The vault was torn open and Werewolf/vampire bits were scattered all over the Focus Financial Partners branch location. From there the party fought their way through waves of police and made a narrow escape.

The players got away with 5 Million in 1983 Ronald Reagan era duckets as well as financial records showing the income of the big bad, but lost much more.

The player is leaving the group due to a job opportunity in another city, so he got a good end.

anthroslug wrote:My group played our first game last night, and for 2 of the 6 of us, it was our first time playing Blades in the Dark.

Somewhat to my surprise, I am really digging it. Technically I played it once before, but it felt more like a rail-roady rules demo than a game. This time, however, it felt nice and fluid. I enjoyed it a lot.

Cool! My group is starting Blades in the Dark in January. None of us have played it, but everyone's excited to explore the setting.
А ну, чики-брики и в дамки

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 pm

zircher wrote:(Yeah, I might have gotten carried away, but I love the Solo Gaming community.)

The very idea of a Solo Gaming community amuses me far more than it should. :lol:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Indeed, I do like saying it because it is such a non-sequitur. But, it is also a very real thing. Since most solo gamers keep very good notes, it is super easy for them to share actual play reports and such. We also create all kinds of solo gaming tools and rule sets. It's a great way to play games that your regular gaming group isn't interested in such as sci-fi horror and troll babes. Solo gaming has been around from almost the beginning.

Lord Foul
Rolled to Meet a Good Group on the Internet and Got a Crit

Postby Lord Foul » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm now imagining the Solo Gaming community having regular meetings at the Hermit Social Club. :D
"...with frikin' lasers!"

Knaight
Harbinger of the Coz

Postby Knaight » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:46 pm

zircher wrote:Indeed, I do like saying it because it is such a non-sequitur. But, it is also a very real thing. Since most solo gamers keep very good notes, it is super easy for them to share actual play reports and such. We also create all kinds of solo gaming tools and rule sets. It's a great way to play games that your regular gaming group isn't interested in such as sci-fi horror and troll babes. Solo gaming has been around from almost the beginning.

Maybe it's just familiarity with single player videogames, solitaire, and other such things but this seems like a thing that would intuitively exist.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Role Playing Games”