Real stories weird enough for your game

We assume you're interested since you're on our forums.
ColbyCone
Spambot?

Re: Real stories weird enough for your game

Postby ColbyCone » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:23 am

clintmemo wrote:So last night some animal slaughtered a bunch of Llamas here in Louisville. I didn't eat them.d bal max reviews dbal max review crazy bulk d bal review (dbal max steroids alternative) It just killed them.

One of them weighed 500 pounds.

The fact that this happened right next to the Louisville Zoo makes me think that maybe some big cat got out had some fun and then maybe went back?

This could be a great storyline. A tiger gets out from the Zoo every night, enjoys the game and returns back.
Last edited by ColbyCone on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

clintmemo
Paid to GM

Postby clintmemo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:46 pm

ColbyCone wrote:
clintmemo wrote:So last night some animal slaughtered a bunch of Llamas here in Louisville. I didn't eat them. It just killed them.

One of them weighed 500 pounds.

The fact that this happened right next to the Louisville Zoo makes me think that maybe some big cat got out had some fun and then maybe went back?

This could be a great storyline. A tiger gets out from the Zoo every night, enjoys the game and returns back.

In related news....

Louisville Zoo (and nearby Mega-cavern) close do to the emergence of giant sinkhole.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/06/louisville-zoo-sinkhole-found-no-damage-injuries-reported/3087112002/
2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

clintmemo
Paid to GM

Postby clintmemo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:16 pm

A traffic stop turns up whiskey, a gun and a rattlesnake, police say -- and that was before they found the uranium

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/us/rattlesnake-uranium-oklahoma-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

My favorite line is the last one.
2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

[red]
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby [red] » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am

--- < :facepalm: > ---

MinnieMickey
BABUSHKA!

Postby MinnieMickey » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:05 am

anthroslug wrote:
KennethMiller wrote:
Freemage wrote:Insane doctor who becomes obsessed with TB patient pays for her grave (and later, mausoleum) when his unproven experimental treatments fail and she dies, then steals her body and keeps it, preserved, in his home for 7 years. People in the 1940s decide this is a romantic love story. (Link is to This American Life podcast.)

This one seems like a nice plot for my game, but will people like it in current times?

Depends on how you frame it. At the time, this was treated as romantic, but more recently people look at it and think “that guy was seriously nuts, and he did something really messed up!” If you can frame it not as romantic, and in a way that is non-exploitative (and your group is up for this sort of creepiness), then you could pull if off.

Yeah, I agree that doctor must be totally crazy. Stealing the body and preserving it for 7 years... and that's considered romantic? In my opinion he needed mental treatment.

Maybe the whole theory of romance between a doctor and patient is fascinating, that is why people in the 1970's considered it to be a romantic love story.

Return to “Role Playing Games”