Ask a Host

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Chad
Host

Re: Ask a Host

Postby Chad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:22 pm

I don't listen to podcasts. :P

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:19 pm

:P smart ass

Though i have wondered, Why dont you?
Is it just that you dont feel you have to time to devote to them?
Do you not enjoy listening to others talk and not have the ability to talk back to them?
Is it because your ego rivals that of Gnarl?

IS it because your just Chad and aint no other podcast going to tell Chad how Chad should live Chads life and play Chads games?

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Young_0ne2 wrote::P smart ass

Do you not enjoy listening to others talk and not have the ability to talk back to them?

IS it because your just Chad and aint no other podcast going to tell Chad how Chad should live Chads life and play Chads games?

I don't like dividing tasks up and, to my mind anyway, I would want to give all of my attention to something infomational like a podcast. The things is I'm not a sit still kind of guy. I could listen to them in the car I suppose but I'm an NPR junkie on my drives.

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 pm

I don't like dividing tasks up and, to my mind anyway, I would want to give all of my attention to something infomational like a podcast. The things is I'm not a sit still kind of guy. I could listen to them in the car I suppose but I'm an NPR junkie on my drives.

That's fair. I guess i've kind of taken that stand with FtB, been listening to all the old ep's lately.

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Chad wrote:

What about while hiking? Also not all podcasts are informational. Far from it. I know you are a big NPR person too and they have a ton of podcasts. I don't know if it is original material or just what was aired since I'm not a fan.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Young_0ne2 wrote:my own curiosity and the hosts choice of wording has brought me to this question:

What other podcast do you listen to and why?

I'm genuinely interested to know how much the Booters overlap in interest & I'm looking to add some interesting perspectives to my weekly podcasting routine, and maybe add some to yours.

My list ( In no particular Order ;) )

Happy Jacks is the only one we have in common. Icurrently listen to:

Anime Addicts Anonymous
I should be writing
Escape Pod
Arrested DevOps
Hollywood Babble-On
Knights of the Knight Actual Play(pretty much only when they are playing Dresden)
Spider-man Crawlspace
Happy Jacks
Scott Sigler- (only when he is playing a book I haven't already bought the audiobook from him on)
RPPR

Rarely release:
The Dunstief
From Crisis to Crisis a Superman Podcast

I won't get into that list or why out in public, but I have dropped a lot of podcasts in the last year and some for very specific reasons. From your list I did used to listen to Nightvale. I liked it a lot at first, but it lost it's charm for me and I got bored.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Wayne wrote:
Chad wrote:

What about while hiking? Also not all podcasts are informational. Far from it. I know you are a big NPR person too and they have a ton of podcasts. I don't know if it is original material or just what was aired since I'm not a fan.

I don't go out to the back woods to listen to things that are happening in the world. :) I don't listen to music or anything when I hike, just the sounds of nature.

I tired the Hidden Brain podcast on NPR since I read the guys book and I like his spots on Morning Edition but I couldn't keep up with it and it's all just too distracting when I'm trying to do something.

Chris
Host

Postby Chris » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Young_0ne2 wrote:my own curiosity and the hosts choice of wording has brought me to this question:

What other podcast do you listen to and why?

So what are some of your guys's ?

In no particular order:

Always Listen To:
Renegade Radio: This is my go to fitness/motivation/health podcast
Good Fortune: Nice podcast on stoicism
Gamerstable: These guys best represent my gaming group from my youth. There is an emotional component here for me
Sounds Like Crowes: A really well done Deadlands AP
Campaign: Great humor and fun for an AP. Shame it isn't as frequent as it once was

Occasionally Listen To:
Model Health Show: I'm just dipping my toes into this show
Fear the Boot: Duh.
Legends of Earthdawn: Another AP of the best Fantasy RPG ever produced. Would love to do my own someday
Talking Tabletop: Jim hit it out of the park with this one. I wish it would return as well.
Live from Barsaive: Informational Earthdawn podcast
Daily Boost: Short, motivational podcast
Joe Rogan Experience: Fantastic guest and (very) longform discussion

Used to Listen To, and Need to Pick Back Up:
Irish & Celtic Music Podcast: Good Music
Art of Manliness: Interesting topics
SoG AP: I stopped at Ep 16. I need to re-start

There are others I've likely forgot

Young_0ne2 wrote:
FtB: The Adventures of Young & Holt AP
Fun Western adventure in the Dead Lands RPG, with interesting characters, surprisingly fun/mysterious adventure, and great storytelling from Chris. Also interesting to get a perspective of a system that I have not played before, but have been interested in exploring.

Thank you for this. Really.

It means more than you know.
The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:54 pm

I don't listen to music or anything when I hike, just the sounds of nature.

I totally get that. Whenever i take a walk around my neighborhood, lately thats been with out one year old pup, i cant listen to music or anything other than nature. I grew up in the country and in woodlands and now that i live up in the chicagoland area its really hard for me to, as it were, "Find my center", and i've found just walking and listening to the nature in the parks helps.

Thank you for this. Really.

It means more than you know.

I know the feeling. When i made the maps for Gaming & BS, and John for his dwarfs game, they all were really flattered and said very nice things to me about them. I know how much it means to have people appreciate your work. Now i can only imagine that feeling is double for you doing a podcast. I think i sound like trash, and my voice is one of the things i dont like about myself, so i have a good amount of respect for you guys for doing the AP and the podcast. Makes me a little envious sometimes.

John
Host

Postby John » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Young_0ne2 wrote:John for his dwarfs game, they all were really flattered and said very nice things to me about them.

That map was so great we left it up in the middle of the screen for the entire game after you made it. Thanks again!

Return to “Fear the Boot”