Ask a Host

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Re: Ask a Host

Postby Young_0ne2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

So, thanks to AP episode 1, I have been proven an IDIOT. :facepalm: Not only was Jacksonville spared, most of the technology remained in place as well. This information and description is fantastically helpful, but frustrated that I wasted folk's time with previous posts. This is gonna be a solid one shot, my PCs will be disenchanted with all the all the inaction of the city's leaders and shall try to escape the walls of the city anyway they can.

I do have the problem of figuring out how they keep their vehicles going as we (Jax current) do not have a capacity for refining fuels like the jet fuels needed to keep fighters in the skies.

Future posts I think I will take to the AP forum. Thanks for the time folks.

This is not to say that Nukes were not launched at you, but that (Maybe) a Missile Defence System, something similar to NORAD, may have been successfully deployed and stopped the nukes from hitting. Or that their may have been technical malfunctions and their are now undetonated nukes laying in the surrounding area.

As far as the fuel goes, Moonshine production is not that far off from Ethanol production and sense, well, Georgia is not that far away (just saying here 8-) ).

I know that in IL, if you have a home still, that some counties require you to get a license and have regular inspections to make sure your not making Ethanol ( or Moonshine). When i was in Highschool my agriculture & FFA ( Future Farmers of America) teacher/ adviser had his own still and he would bring it up from time-to-time.

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:17 pm

On the subject of SOG,

Dan, do you mind if others write stories for SoG? I mean i know that to some degree the answer is no, because you have a PDF on the game out in the wilds of the world, but I mean as a whole.

I think it was Wayne who said he wrote a short story for the world of SOG about a town in IL that he was interested in. Stories like that.

The reason i ask is
1). Because i think it would be fun to write a story in your world from some place you probably haven't thought of or been to.
& 2). Depending on how well people put these stories together, you could do another collection of short stories like Sojourn but in the SoG universe.

Call it "Fragments of Glass: A Collection of Short Stories in the SoG World" ...Only, you know..., better titled.

Just my thoughts...

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Chris,

Are you responsible for the 2016 Iowa state fair logo?

2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Chris
Host

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:40 pm

clintmemo wrote:Chris,

Are you responsible for the 2016 Iowa state fair logo?

The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm

in my mild insanity, i've been listening to some old FtB ep's, starting at 1 and working my way forward, and i have to say its interesting to see the change and growth of all the host.

My question here come for Chris, how come you've become a less prominent figure on the mic's?

i know your in the background working on stuff for FtB, we talk on twitter on a regular enough basis, but your Mic presence has dwindled. Is it because you were given a good enough brojob to step down or?

Chris
Host

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Young_0ne2 wrote:
My question here come for Chris, how come you've become a less prominent figure on the mic's?

i know your in the background working on stuff for FtB, we talk on twitter on a regular enough basis, but your Mic presence has dwindled. Is it because you were given a good enough brojob to step down or?

There's a number of reasons, but it primarily boils down to the geography. Being the sole remote host has always been an issue, and I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to chiming in with a comment or three. I lack the non-verbal aspect of signalling that I have something to say, so then it becomes an exercise in awkwardness.

On top of that, most (but not all) of the time, topics are often decided at the pre-recording dinner, which I can't obviously attend, so I'm put at further disadvantage in not being able to assemble my thoughts beforehand.

Both of these things result in a lack of quality of my comments/contribution, imo, as time went on, so I felt it better to remove myself from the equation.

I'm happy to jump in now and again, and happy to do what I do behind the curtain. I've become a bit of a "podcast vagabond" of late, and kind of enjoy it.
The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:08 pm

seems legit enough.

as long as every things good then keep it rolling.

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 pm

We've been trying for years to get him to move to St. Louis, but he's spiteful and won't do it.
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Dan wrote:We've been trying for years to get him to move to St. Louis, but he's spiteful and won't do it.

As far as he is past retirement age, you'd think he'd have no excuse.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Young_0ne2
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Young_0ne2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm

people from Iowa ALWAYS have an excuse . :P

"It's too far,"

"The corns not yellow enough."

"They have an accent."

Return to “Fear the Boot”