Episode 553 – revisiting COVID

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Episode 553 – revisiting COVID

Postby Ikoma » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:28 pm

I think you guys did a good job of skirting the potentially inciting topics while still getting to the meat of the issue.

Count me among those who will play online but prefers in person. Unfortunately, my gaming group is (as a whole) still very uncomfortable with any kind of in person gaming. Which is one of the reasons why I am skeptical of a post-COVID bounce as people flock back into public spaces. The people I know who are most uncomfortable with public contact under current conditions cannot even articulate what triggers would allow them to feel comfortable going back into public spaces with random people. While SOME people will rush back to concerts, sporting events, conventions, etc. as soon as given the green light, a not insignificant group of people will not.

I did really appreciate some of the other discussion about the impacts on the industry.

I was also really intrigued by the glimpse into the anti-Matt Mercer (as a concept, not as a person) position of some of the hosts. Along with a sense that there is some frustration with D&D and WotC as the 800-pound gorilla in the role-playing space. It may be that this has been covered in the past (and my memory has just lost it) but I would be interested in hearing more. In part because I occasionally get annoyed at what I see is the reverse, the denigration of RPG as 'games'.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Re: Episode 553 – revisiting COVID

Postby Azhrei Vep » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Ikoma wrote: In part because I occasionally get annoyed at what I see is the reverse, the denigration of RPG as 'games'.
But ... RPGs are games. It's even part of the name. How is that any kind of denigration?
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Chad
Host

Re: Episode 553 – revisiting COVID

Postby Chad » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Azhrei Vep wrote:
Ikoma wrote: In part because I occasionally get annoyed at what I see is the reverse, the denigration of RPG as 'games'.
But ... RPGs are games. It's even part of the name. How is that any kind of denigration?

My mom asks me every now and again if I still play 'those games' saying it in snotty way. She could be meaning RPGs or video games. To her it's a thing children do and not adults. Adults watch 8 or 9 hours of TV a day, not play games. :roll:

Return to “Fear the Boot”