Episode 534- paper walls

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Glenn
I am the story stick

Episode 534- paper walls

Postby Glenn » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:04 pm

I recently read Gnarl saves Christmas a second time since Sojourn 2 came out.

I wish you would have made an exception for the poem. I pictured Dan’s voice while reading it. Plus if it’s a British guy reading doesn’t he idea(r) joke not work?

I love gaming in finished basements. But I’ve never had it where it didn’t have a walkout. I would assume most people game at night anyway so windows wouldn’t matter much.

A dedicated gaming space means that I can keep it tidy and don’t have to worry about last minute clean ups before game night.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: Episode 534- paper walls

Postby clintmemo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:46 pm

In the dilemma of coffee table vs dining room table, I came up with a brilliant compromise - by sawing the legs on a dining room table.

I will point out that it is a dining room table that I rescued from the trash.

It is a great solution. Everyone can sit on couches but the table is still big enough to hold battlemats, papers and assorted junk and it still a comfortable coffee table height.

Too bad I never game in person any more.
2021 Goal: Not to repeat 2020

Glenn
I am the story stick

Postby Glenn » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 am

clintmemo wrote:In the dilemma of coffee table vs dining room table, I came up with a brilliant compromise - by sawing the legs on a dining room table.

It is a great solution. Everyone can sit on couches but the table is still big enough to hold battlemats, papers and assorted junk and it still a comfortable coffee table height.

Thats a great idea but where do you keep such a large coffee table? are we talking like 4ft x 6ft table?

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:55 am

Glenn wrote:
clintmemo wrote:In the dilemma of coffee table vs dining room table, I came up with a brilliant compromise - by sawing the legs on a dining room table.

Thats a great idea but where do you keep such a large coffee table? are we talking like 4ft x 6ft table?

In the basement of course! :D

I have one of those walk-out ranch style houses. It is in the very large finished room that is the basement. You have to walk by it to get to the garage. To be honest, it is normally covered in gaming clutter. MMJ uses it when he is home from college for his gaming group. There is a couch on one long side, a chair on one short side, a TV next to the other short side (which is convenient for MMJ when he wants to have a screen his players can see) and the other long side is empty. MMJ usually sits there.

I think it is 4 by 7 or maybe even 4 by 8. It is a solid table with no leaves.
2021 Goal: Not to repeat 2020

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Miniature market has custom tables with legs that extend or retract. They can be used for sitting or standing.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Hal
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby Hal » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Glenn wrote:I love gaming in finished basements. But I’ve never had it where it didn’t have a walkout. I would assume most people game at night anyway so windows wouldn’t matter much.

That was the exact question I had for Chad. Does having a room with a view matter to him if he games after dark?
http://mrhalbert.blogspot.com, Wherein I talk about gaming and, um, stuff.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:42 pm

We game during the day.

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Most of my gaming career has been games that start during the day or maybe early evening, depending on time of year, and end after night has fallen.

Besides, it's not like the stuff outside ceases to exist or becomes impossible to see just because it's dark.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Return to “Fear the Boot”