Episode 482 - Prologue Games

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
ScoobyThulu
Dan's Road Rubber

Re: Episode 482 - Prologue Games

Postby ScoobyThulu » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:22 am

clintmemo wrote:
That sounds like it would be fun for a few sessions and then get short-cutted once the party figures out a work around and the players get tired of the novelty.

That is eventually what happened. It didn't get overdone which is what jokes can do sometimes.
I have to admit though that I brought a new shiny (game) the the table one session and derailed the campaign.
:naughty:
"Story construction is alchemy, not science." - Robin D. Laws
https://thickskull.net/

VaMinion
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby VaMinion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:10 pm

ScoobyThulu wrote:Wow, an anecdotal experience gets some serious shade. JHFC. :roll: [/q
He could write in standard so we would use a datapad a lot.

Which does bring up a legit question: What do you do if the player character doesn't speak a language that anyone in the group does and there is no work around such as tech, magic or super power?

One of these things is not like the other...

As originally presented I would hate it. Once you include a work around it becomes doable.
Cursing is like a spice. And sometimes you're making thai.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:27 pm

VaMinion wrote:
ScoobyThulu wrote:Wow, an anecdotal experience gets some serious shade. JHFC. :roll: [/q

Which does bring up a legit question: What do you do if the player character doesn't speak a language that anyone in the group does and there is no work around such as tech, magic or super power?

As originally presented I would hate it. Once you include a work around it becomes doable.

I agree, with the info presented in the 1st post the answer is make is a short, silly game or don't be a dick.

In the 2nd post the answer is the character doesn't have a communication problem so after a few sessions of RP'ing using the data pad it'll likely be hand waved most of the time.

ScoobyThulu
Dan's Road Rubber

Postby ScoobyThulu » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Chad wrote:
VaMinion wrote:

I agree, with the info presented in the 1st post the answer is make is a short, silly game or don't be a dick.

In the 2nd post the answer is the character doesn't have a communication problem so after a few sessions of RP'ing using the data pad it'll likely be hand waved most of the time.

After a while the team req'd a translator droid to follow us around. Not a protocol droid, a little hovering droid that all it did was translate what I said. Until we started fussing with it to do other things of course.
"Story construction is alchemy, not science." - Robin D. Laws
https://thickskull.net/

Return to “Fear the Boot”