Bonus Episode 77 - Coming in 2018

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Knaight
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Re: Bonus Episode 77 - Coming in 2018

Postby Knaight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Pathfinder is collapsing under its own weight a little, but the dedicated 3.5 community that makes up the core fanbase doesn't seem to be getting pulled off by 5e.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:41 am

Ikoma wrote:Alright... is killing PathFinder?

Possible. I don't think PF2.0 is a reaction to 5e D&D. Pathfinder was running into problems with lack of design space for a while now. I expected them to let Pathfinder lay for a while and do other projects while demand for new PF grew but clearly I was mistaken. Now it's a matter of seeing if Pathfinder can thrive in this brave new world of "D&D is good again."
avocationalacademics.wordpress.com
Dan wrote:John Wells will probably kill you

Azhrei Vep
Player Possessed NPC

Postby Azhrei Vep » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:19 am

Triggerhappy938 wrote:
Ikoma wrote:Alright... is killing PathFinder?

Possible. I don't think PF2.0 is a reaction to 5e D&D. Pathfinder was running into problems with lack of design space for a while now. I expected them to let Pathfinder lay for a while and do other projects while demand for new PF grew but clearly I was mistaken. Now it's a matter of seeing if Pathfinder can thrive in this brave new world of "D&D is good again."

Yeah, I was kinda expecting Starfinder to keep them busy for at least a coupla years.

I guess the general "Ugh, are they serious?" reaction I've been hearing from most people once they dug into the actual mechanics may have caused a little concern over in Paizo-topia.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Devin Parker
Dan's Road Rubber

Bonus Episode 77 - Coming in 2018

Postby Devin Parker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:31 am

I’m with Wayne on a Fantastic Four movie. It has long been my opinion that it should be set in the early 1960s, though I know there’ll be unavoidable Incredibles comparisons.

The crucial thing about making an FF movie is YOU DO NOT COMPROMISE ON DOCTOR DOOM.

He’s not a guy who can make his skin turn into armor. He’s not a corporate executive. He’s not a cosmic cloud.

DOOM IS A GENIUS DICTATOR OF AN EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRY IN POWERED ARMOR AND A CLOAK WHO KNOWS MAGIC AND REFERS TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON.

He was Darth Vader before there was a Darth Vader. He’s the most iconic Marvel villain. You don’t shy away from his depiction, you embrace the hell out of it and you let Doom drive your movie because people will love him.

If you don’t do Doom right, you cannot have an FF movie that will succeed.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:42 am

Devin Parker wrote:I’m with Wayne on a Fantastic Four movie. It has long been my opinion that it should be set in the early 1960s, though I know there’ll be unavoidable Incredibles comparisons.

The crucial thing about making an FF movie is YOU DO NOT COMPROMISE ON DOCTOR DOOM.

He’s not a guy who can make his skin turn into armor. He’s not a corporate executive. He’s not a cosmic cloud.

DOOM IS A GENIUS DICTATOR OF AN EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRY IN POWERED ARMOR AND A CLOAK WHO KNOWS MAGIC AND REFERS TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON.

He was Darth Vader before there was a Darth Vader. He’s the most iconic Marvel villain. You don’t shy away from his depiction, you embrace the hell out of it and you let Doom drive your movie because people will love him.

He can also lay down a fat beat.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:20 pm

The guy behind Legion[1] has a pretty awesome idea for a Dr. Doom movie[2] I really would like to see get made.

[1] Second season coming soon!

[2] http://za.ign.com/doctor-doom/118071/news/planned-doctor-doom-movie-inspired-by-captain-america-the-wi
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gyro LC
Fear the Con Backer

Postby Gyro LC » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Chad wrote:
Devin Parker wrote:I’m with Wayne on a Fantastic Four movie. It has long been my opinion that it should be set in the early 1960s, though I know there’ll be unavoidable Incredibles comparisons.

He can also lay down a fat beat.

https://imgur.com/a/jF6xu
Hungry freaks, daddy!
Do you like dice? I make dice!

okeefe
Dapper Metroid

Postby okeefe » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Brodeur wrote:I'm not the General Manager, or even Store Manager. I'm simply the Events Coordinator for the Miniature Market retail location. :D

I bought a board game online from Miniature Market!

I wasn't particularly trying to help Brodeur's business. They just happened to have the best price and reasonable shipping, and I thought the name sounded familiar.

I did shout out to Brodeur in the packing instructions. I'll also add that—in a world where everything Amazon ships comes with dings or dents—this is the nicest packed box I've seen in years. Perfect condition.
“You have made an enemy of the birds, my friend.”

Return to “Fear the Boot”