Episode 471 - The Boss is Back

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Azhrei Vep
Player Possessed NPC

Re: Episode 471 - The Boss is Back

Postby Azhrei Vep » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Azhrei Vep wrote:If this episode had been all Chad, John, and (to a lesser extent, I think) Dan, there wouldn't have been a word against it when Brodeur brought up the ponies and its (reasonably okay-ish) RPG.

But ... Wayne. Wayne, Wayne, Wayne. ... Eh, nobody's perfect.

Except maybe John.

That is a very good point. While I thought it goes without saying I should probably say my views on My Little Pony do not reflect the views of fear the boot as a whole. Like many things I have no issue with the property itself and just acknowledge it is not for me. It is a subset of the fans that bring out the reaction. As much of an anime fan as I am now I hated anime for a long time due to a combination of manga influences in American comics and anime fans.

I completely understand your reaction, Wayne. I've never seen the show. I think the drawings are rather cute. But I have an almost instinctive dislike for the whole thing based entirely on the few people who insist on saying "anypony" when they mean "anyone".

You out there, werefrog? See what you've done... you amphibian bastard! :x

Oh yeah. Hell, I liked the show (just sort of lost interest in the past season or so), and I think those people were the goddamn worst. Probably more than either of y'all, just due to sheer overexposure. Pushy fans are the worst.

And the anypony thing. Really, jamming words that don't belong there into other words in general. I'm looking at you, every furry I'm not!
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

soulofthereaver
Bofa

Postby soulofthereaver » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Wayne wrote:
Azhrei Vep wrote:If this episode had been all Chad, John, and (to a lesser extent, I think) Dan, there wouldn't have been a word against it when Brodeur brought up the ponies and its (reasonably okay-ish) RPG.

Except maybe John.

That is a very good point. While I thought it goes without saying I should probably say my views on My Little Pony do not reflect the views of fear the boot as a whole. Like many things I have no issue with the property itself and just acknowledge it is not for me. It is a subset of the fans that bring out the reaction. As much of an anime fan as I am now I hated anime for a long time due to a combination of manga influences in American comics and anime fans.

S'cool man, no need for disclaimers and such. I meant my post in the most lighthearted way possible. If it sounded like actual ruffled feathers, i really didn't intend that. :P

All of you guys are awesome, and i look forward to your episodes every week. FTB has helped me relax and unwind on many an insomniac night, and given some solid RPG advice that has bettered my experience both as a GM and as a player. Keep being awesome! :thumbup:

That said, since we're on the topic of ponies, i think it'd be awesome to see you one day take a look at stuff like Ponyfinder, the Pathfinder setting made by folks in the fandom. It's not in the world of the world of the show, but rather its own world/plane called Everglow, (which can be integrated within the main pathfinder campaign setting if you choose), and includes rules for playing as different kinds of quadrupeds, from ponies to griffins to winged cats and redeemed hellhounds. Haven't seen that done in many RPGs, as in most you're some sort of humanoid. I'd love to hear your take on the opportunities and challenges of that sort of gameplay/rp elements.

Once more, peace!

Knaight
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Knaight » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Wayne wrote:As much of an anime fan as I am now I hated anime for a long time due to a combination of manga influences in American comics and anime fans.

I'm generally able to like things with terrible fandoms, but I still tend to avoid the actual terms of them. This includes "gamer", with that fairly high up the list.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:40 am

soulofthereaver wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Except maybe John.

S'cool man, no need for disclaimers and such. I meant my post in the most lighthearted way possible. If it sounded like actual ruffled feathers, i really didn't intend that. :P

All of you guys are awesome, and i look forward to your episodes every week. FTB has helped me relax and unwind on many an insomniac night, and given some solid RPG advice that has bettered my experience both as a GM and as a player. Keep being awesome! :thumbup:

That said, since we're on the topic of ponies, i think it'd be awesome to see you one day take a look at stuff like Ponyfinder, the Pathfinder setting made by folks in the fandom. It's not in the world of the world of the show, but rather its own world/plane called Everglow, (which can be integrated within the main pathfinder campaign setting if you choose), and includes rules for playing as different kinds of quadrupeds, from ponies to griffins to winged cats and redeemed hellhounds. Haven't seen that done in many RPGs, as in most you're some sort of humanoid. I'd love to hear your take on the opportunities and challenges of that sort of gameplay/rp elements.

Once more, peace!

No worries man! Glad you enjoy the show! :thumbup:

Return to “Fear the Boot”