Bonus Episode 75 - Fear the Con 2018

Anything related to our regular or bonus episodes.
Triggerhappy938
NZB Leftenant

Bonus Episode 75 - Fear the Con 2018

Postby Triggerhappy938 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:44 am

So, why haven't you backed yet?
avocationalacademics.wordpress.com
Dan wrote:John Wells will probably kill you

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Re: Bonus Episode 75 - Fear the Con 2018

Postby Azhrei Vep » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 am

Because most of the backer levels are garbage?

Even people I've got convinced to go are either backing at the very lowest badge tier so they don't feel like they're mooching (like me), or not bothering to back at all due to a complete lack of anything that would appeal to anyone who isn't part of these forums. And a couple who refuse to back at all because of the bad location.

Even people who listen to the show but don't hang out on the forums have little to attract them: A wildly overpriced dinner, some overpriced swag, or a livestreamed game with some person who, at best, has been on a handful of (admittedly very good) episodes in the early-mid 300's (Beth), running a game with very niche appeal, and at worst has just been referenced as a joke (Churcher).
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Beth
Learn2ChadStyle

Postby Beth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:22 am

Hey Azhrei! Just to let you know, there was a thread to brainstorm backer levels. We tried to incorporate the feedback we received in that thread and from other folks individually into those rewards.

Hopefully, folks will donate just so we can have the con because it's great fun and an awesome way to connect with old friends and new.

Look forward to seeing you there and hope we get a game together again :-)

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Beth wrote:Hey Azhrei! Just to let you know, there was a thread to brainstorm backer levels. We tried to incorporate the feedback we received in that thread and from other folks individually into those rewards.

Yeah ... it's become pretty clear that those around here (myself absolutely included, I'm way too deep into the fanboy-ism to want more than 'make someone my game-slave') can't figure out what makes a decent kickstarter around here.

Beth wrote:Hopefully, folks will donate just so we can have the con because it's great fun and an awesome way to connect with old friends and new.

Oh, sure, community members and show fans totally will. The thing is, the forum community is a very limited and seemingly shrinking pool, and straight listeners have been given very little indication that the Kickstarter is even up until now, very late in the game. There are probably perfectly reasonable reasons I don't know about why this has happened, but it doesn't change that it hasn't been well handled.

Beth wrote:Look forward to seeing you there and hope we get a game together again :-)

I do too. You and Pat were ten tons of fun stuffed into a couple of five pound bags.

I, uh... feel a little off, too. Like I may be coming down with something. I think I might be getting sick... in like eight months. So how is your soup, anyway?
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm

I wrote a much longer post, but I'm swapping it for a much shorter comment.

If you like a backer level, I hope you'll buy in there. If you have ideas for backer levels you think would be more attractive, then I hope you'll share them with the organizers. If none of the above is true, then take the Kickstarter as a dollar vote on whether Fear the Con will be a thing or not.

I don't want to turn this into boo-hoo-ing, but there's a reason I had to take some time off from organizing the convention. It's a hell of a complex thing to run, and the experience is very draining. I hope everyone will show the current set of organizers patience and grace. And I know they're open to critique, but I'm not sure this is the best place to offer it, particularly when organizational and brainstorming threads already exist.
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

xsgtdanusmc
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby xsgtdanusmc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:23 pm

If/When the Kickstarter is funded. Will there be a way for folks to contribute after the Kickstarter is closed?

Some folks may have money issues and can't contribute to the Kickstarter.
Dir hat man wohl ins Gehirn geschissen und vergessen umzurühren.

"I can eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and defecate a better argument."
-Unknown

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes. That's something I've already discussed with the organizers.
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:16 am

The only reason I'm hesitant to jump in right now is that it's hard for me to commit to a vacation in June right now.

Well, that and a flight from Calgary to St. Louis and back is crazy expensive.

Heart of Darkness
Pat's Knob Polisher

Postby Heart of Darkness » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 pm

My friend Eric Van Note is the guy who drew you the gnoll.

This year he is working on bringing a date for Brodeur:

Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy. Full playtest rules available at http://www.heartofdarknessrpg.com

Brodeur
Host

Postby Brodeur » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Heart of Darkness wrote:My friend Eric Van Note is the guy who drew you the gnoll.

This year he is working on bringing a date for Brodeur:

Vision... blurring... Blood. Leaving. Brain.

Return to “Fear the Boot”